Home

All Pro Default

This is a discussion on All Pro Default within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
All Pro Default

Oh my goodness.

I have nightmares about sliders and slider sets. When I think a set is perfect, it either changes or the next few games make me re-think it.

I'm playing a few test games on All Pro Default and I'm hoping some of you will as well.

Please come back and post general results. We don't have to post full box scores, just generalities as to how realistic we feel the game played based on the teams we used.

I'm starting by using the Bears and hosting the Ravens.

Lost 26-20

It was 24-20 with 4 minutes left and the Ravens punting to me. CPU Raven punter pinned me on the 3yrd line with a great directional punt.

3 plays later I'm the victim of a safety at the hands of Ray Lewis. Saw the blitz but couldn't get rid of the ball.

Forte 21 carries 125 yards
Rice 16 for 95

Flacco 58% passing 219 yards on 17 for 29, no ints
Cutler (me, i suck) 40% 139yards on 11 for 27, 3 ints ( i hate you Ed Reed)

6 sacks for me
6 sacks for the Ravens

I thought it was a great game and didn'r find myself looking to adjust sliders. I would like to adjust my QB play though.

Last edited by slthree; 09-12-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: game data
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: All Pro Default

What r your quarter length? Also are you using audibles and any other pre snap adjustments?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
What r your quarter length? Also are you using audibles and any other pre snap adjustments?
10 minutes, very slow speed, 40 threshold

Audibles, yes. I will switch the direction of the run when needed, adjust a route when needed. A few times per game I may switch from pass to run and vice versa.

Defensively, I usually only adjust the dline. If I suspect pass, I will almost always give the "edge rush" command. That gets me burned more often than not when the CPU runs up the gut.

1 game isn't enough of a test, i Know. But, for that 1 game, I never gave thought to adjusting anything
Old 09-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #4

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

It's funny. Was stuck in slider hell as well and finally just decided to give All Pro default and shot and amazingly, I have had some very good games.

Does weird stuff happen? Yep. But after watching the full slate of NFL games yesterday, I am no longer concerned. There may be a few things i tweak but not to the extreme I was doing before.

My sliders? All Pro default, slow.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

All pro default works for me.
only adjustments is with fatigue and threshhold at 65.
I play on slow and 8 minute quarters. 20 second run off. and I make adjustments on about 60% of the pays that I call. might even be higher.

I dont feel cheated on all pro default. The mistakes I make, are clearly dumb moves by me. like
not making oline adjustments when the defense blitz.
not using enough audibles etc.

Only issue is with the ai defense and their super jumping ability.
one play stands out where my receiver had the defender clearly beat. I threw the ball and the defender jumped through the roof and had a one handed interception. it looked very unnatural and unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
MVP

slthree's Arena

I wanted to see if an inferior running team could run as well as I did with Forte and the Bears against the Ravens.

So, I used the Lions and controlled Best. At the half I had 39 yards on 11 carries. I was happy to be stifled.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

I've tried a lot of different sliders, and I keep going back to all pro default. It just gives me the best games.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

BOMB82's Arena

OVR: 3

On all pro I average 6 sacks and 200 yards a game with the panthers. I had 575 yds in 3 games with Williams during my season. Everything feels good except that. Madden has been like this for 10 years there is no happy medium. I think they do this on purpose so you will stay interested. Or to be fair football is a weird game. You only control 1 of the 11 player maybe it's harder than we think to make a football. game. All I know this game will make you crazy. But football in real life will to you should have seen me yesterday during the Panthers game. We over analyze it I guess it's just a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »