Home

sliders play differently in play now and franchise

This is a discussion on sliders play differently in play now and franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
sliders play differently in play now and franchise

Does it seem to any cpu vs cpu players that if you adjust the sliders and play a "play now" game the AI plays differently than if you play a franchise game with the same slider adjustments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: sliders play differently in play now and franchise

I never trusted the sliders for play now games and always test in franchise mode. I can't say for sure that they are different but I figured if you are going to be playing franchise games that is what you should test with.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

From My testing (only in Franchise), and from the reports I got from other members, it sounds like there is a definite difference. On my first settings in Franchise, I was getting very low offensive results. But those following in Play Now were getting freakishly high offensive results.
So I would say Yes to that question.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

DPP plays a large factor so to get a good set IMO you need to first get it right in play now.

In franchise you could get a QB throwing for 48% 5 weeks and 70% the rest of the season.

DPP allows for the rise and fall of players which is sim.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
DPP plays a large factor so to get a good set IMO you need to first get it right in play now.

In franchise you could get a QB throwing for 48% 5 weeks and 70% the rest of the season.

DPP allows for the rise and fall of players which is sim.
I thank you might be right.....

but one thing i've never done is use EA's roster updates

I take their default rosters move players to their correct teams and go from there that way I'm never using EA's roster updates during the year because i learned last year roster updates can have a negative impact on sliders aswell.

You can play with default rosters and then play updated rosters and you'll see right away there are things that worked before any update than don't work after the update

So i don't deal with EA's rosters after release anymore

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Testing in franchise games when only maybe 1 or 2 players are being affected by dpp is what I'm doing. It's coming together and when you play the same game multiple times in franchise and get it almost on the money for realims, stats, etc. It's the best way to test imo. Now some may get a good set testing in play now, but I don't play in play now games, so I wouldn't know how that would work out.
I like how my testing is working out in franchise though. To each his own but I'm enjoying my own.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I thank you might be right.....

but one thing i've never done is use EA's roster updates

I take their default rosters move players to their correct teams and go from there that way I'm never using EA's roster updates during the year because i learned last year roster updates can have a negative impact on sliders aswell.

You can play with default rosters and then play updated rosters and you'll see right away there are things that worked before any update than don't work after the update

So i don't deal with EA's rosters after release anymore

Man I HAVE noticed what's in bold. Also people have been talking about that and the fact that play now plays differently than chise...for years I've been hearing this. I never do play now so I never experienced it though.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »