Home

Dfos81 Team Slider Concept

This is a discussion on Dfos81 Team Slider Concept within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Dfos81 Team Slider Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
So off the top if my head the 49ers were last test and it went.
Skins vs.9ers
Qba: 23/26
Pblk 18/82
Wr ctch 73/80

Btk 74/80
Rblk 13/90
Fum 65/74

Pass rea 66/73
Ints 32/26
Pass rush 82/88

Rush d rea same as pass Rea
Blkshed 82/86
Tak 82/87

Now this is an ex. I'm not looking at the game right now. Just off the top of my head
Nice. And u got "these"/similar numbers using the formula in post 1??

Edit: they don't play super human either? I know u prob wann tell me to shut up n go play lol but I can't .. Goin back to school in am and ps3 is packed/watching this debacle of a jets game :/

So sorry for all the ?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 10-02-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
if you can complete this task for every team you deserve slider of the year award

This is a lot of work and commend your effort for taking on this task....

I've always felt there are ratings in this game that ties directly into sliders based on avg's.....

I don't really like the how end of the ratings because they kinda make the score's get out of whack but if you can pull it off this game will render great results for you.

One thing i think would work best for Reaction time would be to take the #1 run defensive team in the NFL and make their Run Reaction Time 32 and everyone else falls in line.

You see the lower end of the Reaction Time sliders IMO makes for realistic player awareness meaning they don't know every play right away and players take false steps at times taking them out of the play and they can't recover unless their agility and play recognition is really high

I'm also starting to believe that if you find a great setting for pass defense the most realistic QB play in this game is with both CPU and Human using the lower end of the ratings because you actually see more variety in the incompletions meaning some passes are actually out of reach of both the WR and DB's and no play is made on the ball
These are playing really good even w/ Highend pass and run d Rea time. I'm really impressed, I've seen Lbs going after Rbs on PA fakes, smooth gameplay and a very competitve games all together.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
Rookie

byzzzz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Team sliders = realism for the CPU a.i.

The concept or theory is simple yet very impressive for the performance of the CPU when injected sliders based off that teams core players and how we can ensure the CPU is getting the juice it needs to compete w/ the human elements, user control, etc.

So below, it will be simple and effective! I'm really impressed w/ my results after testing in franchise DURING THE GAME( not outside the franchise, bc injuries to starters would cause the slider to also be affected.)

Also recommended to employ these w/ penalty, autosub, etc. From the Normal/All-Pro/Realism slider thread(by; dfos81)

Qba: So if starting Qb overall 77 ex., injecting PMs Qba lowend 77 + 23=100. Take the lowend on both player & CPU skills 23. Note: if starter is hurt than use current backup ovr. That's starting now. That's why adjusting in game is best.
Pblk: the gameplay is better taking top 5 PBS avg. Starters. CPU gets Highend, say both user team avg. Is 86. Player/CPU would be 14/86.
Wr cth: take top 4 wrs + Te ovr. Rating avg. Overall gives you the most accurate display of all that is important to that pos.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Passrea: all 11 starters on D avg Awr ratings
Ints: all 11 starters on D awr + ctch avg and divide by 2
Passrush: PMV + FMS avg. Of front 7 starters on D.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Rushrea: same as Pass rea
Blkshed: Blkshed rating avg of front 7
Tak: Takl avg of all 11 starters

Key notes:

It's good to adjust IN GAME! realism being displayed on gameplay(it works as long as you start gm w/ user controller on a team)
So you can get the correct avgs. Per starter, use in game depth chart, that way your not calculating an injured player(unless you belive an injured player should count, I don't)
I also thank Playmakers for the door to an important aspect in Qba and how it related to sliders. Guys I'm more excited about how these play more than ever on any other Madden and I've played em all.

Any feedback is welcomed.
dfos81, you should do a team for a example, even know you explained what to do, if you show the results we can follow suit from there, because if not, this thread will turn into playmakers with all the confusion, because this idea just maybe will save the game thanxs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Alrighty then.

Now I'm all motivated LOL.

I'm going to go through all the teams and take their position
averages. Then calculate the league average.

I hate OVR, though, so I won't use it. But this concept is going to be
a part of my next experiment, between this concept and Playmaker's
principles - kinda merging them.

Going to start a new thread of my own.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm also starting to believe that if you find a great setting for pass defense the most realistic QB play in this game is with both CPU and Human using the lower end of the ratings because you actually see more variety in the incompletions meaning some passes are actually out of reach of both the WR and DB's and no play is made on the ball
This has been the #1 most elusive thing to me in Madden.

Hopefully, this will open the door to things like you mention here and keeping the CPU Completion % up/INT % down.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Alrighty then.

Now I'm all motivated LOL.

I'm going to go through all the teams and take their position
averages. Then calculate the league average.

I hate OVR, though, so I won't use it. But this concept is going to be
a part of my next experiment, between this concept and Playmaker's
principles - kinda merging them.

Going to start a new thread of my own.
Dude everyone will have different versions of rosters... It won't be applicable to everyone.. A formula like this one will work for everyone, every season.. I wasted 3 hours earlier going through positions .. Not worth it.. U can do it so much simpler the way the op of this thread has it.. Not trying to tale the wind outta ur sails.. Just saving u time and frustration lol
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Dude everyone will have different versions of rosters... It won't be applicable to everyone.. A formula like this one will work for everyone, every season.. I wasted 3 hours earlier going through positions .. Not worth it.. U can do it so much simpler the way the op of this thread has it.. Not trying to tale the wind outta ur sails.. Just saving u time and frustration lol
If I have a different roster, or am in a different place in my franchise - I'm still going to have to do the same thing. Only difference is he's using OVR and I'm using skill sets - which is where OVR comes from anyway - I'm just trying to isolate the skills the individual sliders impact most and then set each slider accordingly.

Plus, if things stabilize either way - with OVRs not moving much (which is dependent on the individual skills anyway) then it won't be much changing either way.

I think the player talent pool is going to be pretty much the same.

Besides, what's 3 hrs compared to the time I've spent trying other sliders and trying to tweak my own - that's, what, 3 games of Madden?

If I find a stable base, then the ratings will still be close enough, imo. I mean, I've sat on the 26/74 QB Acc from averaging PM's numbers ever since I found them through various teams and franchises, etc. Obviously, I wasn't using the same roster files, same progression through franchise, etc.

So I don't think that's going to be a big deal for me. Now if everyone else thinks I'm a damn idiot fool that's just wasting bandwidth *shrug* - won't be the first time and probably not the last! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #16
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If I have a different roster, or am in a different place in my franchise - I'm still going to have to do the same thing. Only difference is he's using OVR and I'm using skill sets - which is where OVR comes from anyway - I'm just trying to isolate the skills the individual sliders impact most and then set each slider accordingly.

Plus, if things stabilize either way - with OVRs not moving much (which is dependent on the individual skills anyway) then it won't be much changing either way.

I think the player talent pool is going to be pretty much the same.

Besides, what's 3 hrs compared to the time I've spent trying other sliders and trying to tweak my own - that's, what, 3 games of Madden?

If I find a stable base, then the ratings will still be close enough, imo. I mean, I've sat on the 26/74 QB Acc from averaging PM's numbers ever since I found them through various teams and franchises, etc. Obviously, I wasn't using the same roster files, same progression through franchise, etc.

So I don't think that's going to be a big deal for me. Now if everyone else thinks I'm a damn idiot fool that's just wasting bandwidth *shrug* - won't be the first time and probably not the last! lol
Loll well do ur thing brotha.. I'll look out for ur thread.. I'll be trying these out Tom night
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »