Home

Dfos81 Team Slider Concept

This is a discussion on Dfos81 Team Slider Concept within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #49
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Dfos81 Team Slider Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs
Well I played 3 quarters of a game as oakland vs the broncos, still the second year of my franchise and the first thing I realized is my qba rbk and pbk all needed help, I was trying to keep things even so I doubled all those sliders, which ended up giving me too much help with the qba getting my completion % up to 65 which most of the time is going to be too high for a 75 ovr rookie the pass blocking was good I was still hurried often and sacked a few times, the run blocking still wasnt enough. kyle orton was 10 for 20 100yds with 3 ints.

Knowshon Moreno and Darren Mcfadden both suffered on the ground averaging 2.3 and 2.6 ypc

I still rarely see anyone get more than 6 tackles in a game for either team and I had 5 sacks in 3 quarters. The pressure was there almost every pass play and I would attribute the pass rush for both the ints and the low completion percentage of kyle orton

This is what the sliders looked like

52/78
22/84
79/82

84/78
16/90
85/74

69/65
55/53
70/72

69/65
81/74
79/72

From my experience using the low end of the hum qba slider just isn't working for me. I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about in your other post Dfos, but my next move is to use the high end of all my sliders just like i do for the cpu and then just take 25% away from every single slider, for example if my high end qba was 75 it would take away about 19 points and make it 56, and if my RBK is 92 it would take away 24 points and make it 68.

By doing this I think I can improve my offense without overpowering it while continuing to weaken my defense without crippling it. While my qba, pbk, and rbk will be much higher my btk wr catch will be considerably lower and this will hopefully balance it all out
I'm testing almost the same concept on the Same team Hum vs. CPU thread.

I really saw some good stuff. Check it out!

Last tested sliders are on that thread and some game notes.

It was

50/50
27/39
27/39

50/50
27/39
27/39

27/39
27/39
27/39

Still some issues but I'm seeing good stuff. Check out those game notes on the Same Team slider thread.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #50
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Ok so i calculates league avgs based on how i thought they should be..

I've had 3 great games except I played Dallas at home as the jets n romo threw 3 picks in the first half n I led 24-0 at half... The other two games against the bucs n ravens came down to last minute drives, I held tb barely n won.. N lost to
Ravens as I couldn't keep rice from picking up first downs to kill the clock

The sliders I got are human using low end, CPU high end..

Qba-set at 22/use playmaker chart high end
Pass blk- 18/82
Catch-54/54

Brk tackle- 25/75
Rblk-16/84
Fumble-24/76

Pass reac-35/65
Int-46/54
P rush- 31/69

R reac-35/65
B shed- 32/68
Tackle-27/73

Gamespeed normal, 33 thresh. Inj 30

These played absolutely amazing until the crazy 3 int half with romo...

I'd be curious to see what u guys get..

They are hard to stop the CPU run.. Depending who u play it will be harder to run as well for human.. These r league avg I used my own formula it was pretty simple n the most sensible way I could come up w..

I tried keeping CPU qb set at 78.. Not sure that can work... I want to avoid having to chsnge sliders from game to game tho bc that is when they Start acting funky! I will work on correcting the CPU qb issue (which only occurred playing as the home team..) playing as away team or at neutral stadium, the CPU Is realistically challenging, it was a lot if fun.. The dpp works very well too
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #51
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Ok so i calculates league avgs based on how i thought they should be..

I've had 3 great games except I played Dallas at home as the jets n romo threw 3 picks in the first half n I led 24-0 at half... The other two games against the bucs n ravens came down to last minute drives, I held tb barely n won.. N lost to
Ravens as I couldn't keep rice from picking up first downs to kill the clock

The sliders I got are human using low end, CPU high end..

Qba-set at 22/use playmaker chart high end
Pass blk- 18/82
Catch-54/54

Brk tackle- 25/75
Rblk-16/84
Fumble-24/76

Pass reac-35/65
Int-46/54
P rush- 31/69

R reac-35/65
B shed- 32/68
Tackle-27/73

Gamespeed normal, 33 thresh. Inj 30

These played absolutely amazing until the crazy 3 int half with romo...

I'd be curious to see what u guys get..

They are hard to stop the CPU run.. Depending who u play it will be harder to run as well for human.. These r league avg I used my own formula it was pretty simple n the most sensible way I could come up w..

I tried keeping CPU qb set at 78.. Not sure that can work... I want to avoid having to chsnge sliders from game to game tho bc that is when they Start acting funky! I will work on correcting the CPU qb issue (which only occurred playing as the home team..) playing as away team or at neutral stadium, the CPU Is realistically challenging, it was a lot if fun.. The dpp works very well too
Looks good, but what abt threshold, what scores are getting w/ /lower threshold, more D or more O?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Looks good, but what abt threshold, what scores are getting w/ /lower threshold, more D or more O?
I have had issues with lower or zero thresh before, but using these numbers which r actually based off something rather than arbitrarily picking what one thinks they should be... The 33 has worked beautifully.. No abuse of outside running game.. Guys who should get caught do, n guys who should pull away from defenders do.. I checked ratings after the long plays I saw, everything was fine
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #53
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I have had issues with lower or zero thresh before, but using these numbers which r actually based off something rather than arbitrarily picking what one thinks they should be... The 33 has worked beautifully.. No abuse of outside running game.. Guys who should get caught do, n guys who should pull away from defenders do.. I checked ratings after the long plays I saw, everything was fine
Play a few more w/ these and give us some stats, pts, etc. I just feel like it may cause for some crazy high scores or maybe even the opp. Crazy low scores. I still wanna see players w/ high pursuit pulling a Justin Smith against Eagles, and tracking down the speedy Rb or wr bc he may have juked a lil bit or slowed down to make a guy miss.

The NFL differences in speeds is not by much. Guys are all very athletic and Des and Lbs are just as big and athletic as most Rbs and wrs, w/ some exceptions, ie. Fitz, Megatron, etc. But I would like to see some scores and stats if you can.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #54
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Yea. I will next time I can play.. I can tell u tho that againstthe cowboys as the jets at home I had 24 rushyards in 17 carries in thefjrst half.. Dware was in my backfield and I has to runaway fromhim.. I COULD NOT run aroun him or block.

Sry for typos my iPhone is being a pos right noe

Edit: as for more d/o it's really balanced.. It's basically different game to game seriously.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Play a few more w/ these and give us some stats, pts, etc. I just feel like it may cause for some crazy high scores or maybe even the opp. Crazy low scores. I still wanna see players w/ high pursuit pulling a Justin Smith against Eagles, and tracking down the speedy Rb or wr bc he may have juked a lil bit or slowed down to make a guy miss.

The NFL differences in speeds is not by much. Guys are all very athletic and Des and Lbs are just as big and athletic as most Rbs and wrs, w/ some exceptions, ie. Fitz, Megatron, etc. But I would like to see some scores and stats if you can.

I still see this kind of thing happen. In the game I just played, Garcon was running downfield, but even though he shook off two tacklers from behind (Barber, then one of the stupid safeties that got burnt), it slowed him down enough for the SS to get him before he scored. Ended up holding to a FG.

Athletic <> Fast. A guy like Suh is very athletic. He won't run down Reggie Bush or something in a straight speed contest. If Bush has to stutter-step, juke, shake off contact, sure Suh has the time and athleticism to shed guys trying to block him and make the play from behind. But if Bush shoots through a hole, Suh should not catch him unless he can break the block and clog the hole, slowing Bush down for the LBs, who aren't likely as fast either, to come make the play.

BTW, Fitz and Megatron aren't exactly FAST for WR. They aren't Hester or DJax. But they ARE very very athletic, which is what makes them so dangerous. Likewise, you can be fast and not athletic. Everyone knows to contain DJax - one because he's killer in space, two, he can't operate as well when not in space when he can't turn on his jets. Andre Johnson is probably a mix of both. He's fast in space, but can work through traffic and you have to tackle him surely, or else...

Speed isn't hugely different in general and in similar position groupings (LBs aren't too much different than each other), but across positions, it's significant (LBs are much slower than CBs, CBs are way faster than OL, etc). I think 50 MIGHT downplay across position differences too much, while 0 MIGHT exaggerate them too much and 100 MIGHT pretty much minimize them.

I'm liking 33 myself as well. The flow is making sense to me, Sometimes guys do get run down from behind, I've had Blount tackled from behind because he's trying to shift through a hole or change direction, fast WR are a threat, but not until they can get in space. They aren't running past traffic to get into space.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-05-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #56
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Well said kb

33 is "perfect" 50 makes lineman rundown halfbacks.. 0 makes essentially anyone a big play threat.. 33.. Well it's feelin good!
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »