Home

KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment

This is a discussion on KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment

I must have the bad kicking AI copy of the game. Vinatieri just missed a 33 yd FG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Just finished a 10-3 defensive win vs Colts. It was a really ugly game from an offensive perspective. Manning was cold and it showed. Didn't help that I did the old "Tampa 2" type defense all game, just trying to fill passing lanes.

They also had two fumbles on PR when the returner should have just did a fair catch.

Unfortunately, Freeman was just as off and the Colts were harrassing with Mathis and Freeney all game. Newly-signed TO didn't help as he dropped 3 balls and was also injured for part of the game (is WR #1 cursed on this team??)

Blount was steady, but no 100 yd rushing game for him this time. Went to Benn for the game's only TD.

Still, it was a bad game for Freeman. Only 45% completion, 1 TD, 1 INT. No deep passes hit this time around.

Defense generated 5 turnovers, 3 INTs (2 by Tavard Jackson, 1 by Talib on one of the few man coverages I called in this game) and those 2 PR fumbles.

Penalties (thanks to Freeney and Mathis mostly, but Tommie Harris was a pain too) also threw the Bucs back, slowing down progress.

CPU made a FG for once. I made from 27 and missed from 42 and 52. Can't remember the last time I missed 2 FGs in a game!

Addai had a good ground game going. Gotta figure out how to get this run game stopped.

Played ball control to help keep Peyton off the field. I know he needed just one strike to tie it up. He had the team moving and got into the red zone late in the 4th, but Jackson picked off his second pass in the end zone to seal it.

Colts had more total yards (only 271) but the turnovers killed them. Also had a good day punting. 3 times inside the 20.

Next game is on the road against SF...so having to deal with Gore. Joy.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-05-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #43
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Kb-

Have u noticed the CPU qb playing poorly on the road?

I picked off romo 3 tomes in first half (which is causing me to doubt these otherwise amazing sliders) two of the ints were by my 58 overall back up OLB as Calvin pace left w an injury... ONE of the ints was a leaping one hander! I forgot to check the kids catch rating but umm yea... Maybe just One of those games for him? But I'm concerned bc I've heard talk of CPU qb not performing on the road??
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Kb-

Have u noticed the CPU qb playing poorly on the road?

I picked off romo 3 tomes in first half (which is causing me to doubt these otherwise amazing sliders) two of the ints were by my 58 overall back up OLB as Calvin pace left w an injury... ONE of the ints was a leaping one hander! I forgot to check the kids catch rating but umm yea... Maybe just One of those games for him? But I'm concerned bc I've heard talk of CPU qb not performing on the road??

Hmm...

Roethlisberger played well @ Baltimore. 69% completion, scrambled for yards, was generally annoying.

Matt Ryan wasn't super, but he wasn't why they lost. 13 for 21, 196 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT. That's a 61% completion, 108.4 QB rating. (I guess he was super LOL)

Now, I just played Peyton Manning, and he was cold and I called very conservative coverage zones trying to fill lanes. He was definitely off. By far the best performance for my pass D in the game.

So far I've had 3 home games and I think the AI QB played well in two of them.

I finally get a road game, Bucs @ 49ers, so maybe I'll see some difference.

It might be "one of those games". Was Romo cold? Were you harrassing him, dropping his DPP? You have a high INT slider, right? I have mine at 33 and got 4 picks, but none were crazy in terms of one-handers and such. They were forced balls or good reactions by the DB to jump the routes. Oh and one was off a tipped pass.

Also, you have to remember - that happens.

Didn't Romo throw 3 INTs in the 2nd half vs DET this week? Brady was picked 4 times in a game. Crap happens and if even the good players have bad games, I think that's a GOOD thing as long as it's not constant.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #45
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

No those numbers are good/acceptable.. I'm talking less than 50% 3 int bad.. I guess i might need to redo some avgs .. I want to keep set numbers, no tweaking game to game.. So I'm gonna try to find a way to mathematically an logically increase the catch rating and decrease the int.. I didn't include lineman in int so I will do that.. I know that will drop the int avg.. I will also include all catch attributes and route, release, Jim.. All things wr/te which will increase catch.. I don't want to juice qbs bc that will be u realistic.. It's just a way to manipulate the avgs without arbitrary tweaking of numbers..
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
No those numbers are good/acceptable.. I'm talking less than 50% 3 int bad.. I guess i might need to redo some avgs .. I want to keep set numbers, no tweaking game to game.. So I'm gonna try to find a way to mathematically an logically increase the catch rating and decrease the int.. I didn't include lineman in int so I will do that.. I know that will drop the int avg.. I will also include all catch attributes and route, release, Jim.. All things wr/te which will increase catch.. I don't want to juice qbs bc that will be u realistic.. It's just a way to manipulate the avgs without arbitrary tweaking of numbers..
I didn't include DL/LB in my INTs calculation. Just DBs. I didn't use a straight average (as you know, I came up with "weighted sum of averages"). You could always include "multipliers" like maybe INTs are "80% of the average", etc. That's what I did with subs and some of the sliders, especially the special teams - I'm putting a "multiplier" on them so I can increase them, but they are still based on the weighted values I calculated. Or I can manipulate the weights some, which I did do for INTs to drop it a little (though for another reason - the "mixed" sliders in case 60+ INT is too high, and it might be).

Though, remember, games that bad DO happen. Flacco completed like THIRTY percent of his passes in that Mon. night game. Remember Derek Anderson and winning a game with just TWO completions all game?

I wouldn't tweak just on that bad half. Even if it was like 5 INTs. That's not terribly out of the realm of possibility, as long as it doesn't happen consistently.

I mean, I'm 3-0 with these sliders so far - but I don't think, yet, that I need to go with the high end. Now, maybe I need to give the CPU a "bonus" based from the User sliders, like a 25% bonus or something, but it's only 3 games.

I'd stay with what you have and keep playing/testing. Maybe do 8 games, tally up your stats and what you allow (which is one reason I like testing in franchise - it does the math for me and keeps record ) and then maybe consider tweaking.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #47
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Hows everyone doing w these?
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm starting a test-franchise with these today and will make no adjustments at all to offer a baseline. I'll try to do game by game updates and post impressions.

I got a good feeling about these from my quick play games, though the FG accuracy and power probably need to come up just a couple clicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »