Home

Jhorn's Madden 12 CPU vs CPU Slider Set

This is a discussion on Jhorn's Madden 12 CPU vs CPU Slider Set within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Jhorn's Madden 12 CPU vs CPU Slider Set

I have seen some sliders out for this years madden but not so much for cpu vs cpu. i attempted this in last years version but didnt have as much success in coming up with a good set. i have found that with the gameplay in madden 12 that it was easier to come up with a solid set of sliders for cpu vs cpu then in past versions, and to my delight i have found that you can actually get injuries in cpu vs cpu games in this years edition whereas both madden 10 and madden 11 there were no injuries if games were played on cpu vs cpu.

Here is how i came up with this slider set: I first put in playmakers sliders (props go to him for giving me a great starting point) and then adjusted only the cpu side of the sliders to get more accurate results in gameplay for cpu vs cpu play only. i also extensively tested things in the gameplay options in order to get the most realistic settings and basically decided that playmakers settings in that department were spot on. what i mean by gameplay options is: Qtr Length, Game Speed, Speed Threshold, Fatigue, and Injury sliders. My numbers on these settings are almost identical to what playmakers settings are. keep in mind that some settings might need to change in order to get more realistic cpu vs cpu play, so these are NOT guaranteed to be good for user vs cpu or any other game mode. i would just use playmakers sliders for user vs cpu and tweak to your own skill level. so the fact that i had to change from what playmakers has his at does not mean that his are wrong, just that they need to be changed to get realistic cpu vs cpu games. his sliders are still a great set for user vs cpu play as usual. so please dont say "these dont work for me, i tried them out and i can seem to get my running game going." i have had similar comments like this in cpu vs cpu slider sets from past maddens, so to emphasize what computer vs computer means is that you do not actually play the game, this is spectate mode meaning that you put the controller in the middle of the screen and do not select a team to play but just let the cpu play itself. the idea is to be able to let the game run as if a real game were going and you are just the spectator. if u think this is dumb or do not see the point, then these sliders are not for you. but if u like to see good realistic matchups, or want to see a what if scenario, then these sliders should give u some good realistic results.

Here is the slider set that i have so far, i am currently letting the whole first week in the regular season play out and then i will calculate the stats and post up averages once that is complete so that way you can compare them to real nfl averages. i will make tweaks if needed, but i do think that this is a great set to start with.

Game Options

QTR Length------12 Min
Injuries----------40
Fatigue----------55
Game Speed-----Slow
Speed Threshold--50

Penalties

False Start-------57
Holding-----------52
Clipping-----------52
Face Mask--------54
Roughing Passer---54
All The Rest-------100

Auto Subs (Out/In)

QB--------------20/25
RB--------------80/85
WR-------------70/75
FB/TE----------70/75
OL-------------20/25
DT-------------80/85
DE-------------80/85
LB-------------75/80
CB-------------60/65
S--------------60/65

AI Skill (CPU only)

QB Accuracy----100
Pass Blocking----76
WR Catching-----60

Broken Tackles---100
Run Blocking------32
Fumbles----------65

Pass Reaction-----100 (For now since i just found out that they got this slider backwards this year)
Interceptions------0
Pass Rushing-----80

Run Reaction-----24
Block Shedding---12
Tackling----------0

FG Power--------46
FG Accuracy-----54
Punt Power------30
Punt Accuracy---70
Kickoff Power----50

try these out and let me know what you guys think. any feedback would be cool. i will post stats and make tweaks as soon as week 1 is done playing out.

Last edited by jHorns; 10-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Jhorn's Madden 12 CPU vs CPU Slider Set

I'm looking forward to seeing your stats with these sliders. Can you post some box scores as you go along in week 1? Thanks and good luck!

How are you sack and INT numbers looking the first few games???
Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by manooly
I'm looking forward to seeing your stats with these sliders. Can you post some box scores as you go along in week 1? Thanks and good luck!

How are you sack and INT numbers looking the first few games???
sacks look ok but it looks like i will have to decrease the int slider. i have a game going now but it is a rain game. i am going to see what i have after this game and if its still too many int's then im just going to restart the week with 0 int's and see what i get with that. but so far everything else is looking good. i will update as the week progresses and post some stats.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi Jhorn,

Ill give these a shot tonight and let ya know how they go for me
Thanks!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
Banned

after looking at a few games the interceptions were still too high, so i am seeing how the game plays with the int slider at 0 and will tweak it up if i need to be seeing more. i started the week over and as of now i think this is pretty much the only slider that needs tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Hi jhorn,

Watched a game tonight and it looked pretty good. Gonna watch a few more and see how it goes but so far
so good
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Rookie

With the interception problem.... have you tried the trick of starting the game with the controller on one side and then moving it to the middle after the kickoff? It may help. Also I thought the pass reaction slider on 0 resulted in the fastest reaction time and on 100 would be the slowest reaction time. Perhaps if pass reaction were raised up some it may also decrease interceptions.
Thanks for your effort with these. I will try them out.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sascgs
With the interception problem.... have you tried the trick of starting the game with the controller on one side and then moving it to the middle after the kickoff? It may help. Also I thought the pass reaction slider on 0 resulted in the fastest reaction time and on 100 would be the slowest reaction time. Perhaps if pass reaction were raised up some it may also decrease interceptions.
Thanks for your effort with these. I will try them out.
i saw a post stating that they got the pass reaction slider backwards this year. i have not seen proof of this but then again i havent really tested it. ill try putting it at 100 for this next game and see what i get. thanks for the tip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »