Home

Post-Patch #2 Gameplay Differences (All-Madden)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch #2 Gameplay Differences (All-Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Post-Patch #2 Gameplay Differences (All-Madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've looked into this and what it comes down to is that run reaction and block shedding have to come down to numbers that are shockingly low at first.

I have my run blocking at 40, I believe, and the CPU's run reaction and block shedding around 10.

The tackling slider also does more than it suggests by name. The higher the slider, the more likely defenders are to disengage as you run by them and drill you into the next zip code. This shortens runs by 1-2 yards or more on a regular basis and it looks weird.

Unfortunately, the tackling slider seems to work primarily as a tractor beam for hit sticks. What I would recommend is keeping that slider to 30 or 35 maximum, while putting the HUM fumble slider at 25.

With the CPU tackle slider at 30 or 35, you will see the real thumpers get you, and you will fumble if you accidentally open your shoulders to them or fail to cover up in traffic. Regular players, however, will make regular tackles, and even the thumpers will make regular tackles on a consistent basis. This feels like the most balanced setting to me.

For my All-Madden sliders, I have run blocking at 47 (for CPU and User) and Run reaction to 30 (same for both). DeAngelo Willams ran pretty good until I switch to 46 and stopped blitzing so much. Cam Newton ate me alive running, but that's a different issue...

I shudder to think what he would have done on 10 - maybe 6-7 ypc? He's good and all, but... Same for me with Blount - He had a "Blount-like" day.

All-Pro sliders I have my run blocking and reaction at 58, CPU run blocking and reaction at 77 and 75 respectively. Mendenhall get 4 ypc vs Ravens (me) and Rice had one big run where he managed to keep his balance on a failed hit stick tackle, otherwise, he would have been at 4 ypc.

Break tackles is 0 for all sets.

I do have tackles relatively low, 26/27 for both slider sets. I have fumbles at 23 on my All-Madden set and 28 on the All-Pro ones. I agree with what you're saying about tackles. It's nice to see whiffs on big hit attempts and stopping that "jump off the block" stuff I hated soooooo much in M10.

Block shedding is 19-23 between the sets (same for both). I like how that works out. I think 10 seemed to hamper the pass rush in my games. Consistently got too much time in the pocket for both sides, even against plus pass rushers.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-19-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Glancing around, it seems like people are noticing run defense increasing.

Maybe lowering block shedding a bit is in order? That way, they can still react to run, and if they are free runners, they can flow to the ball, but if they get engaged, they get held up some.

I don't know - it's hard for me to say if I'm noticing any production changes. Wouldn't make sense that it impacts some sets, but not others, though.
This is strange, because even when I set the CPU "Block Shedding" slider to 0, they still break off their blocks as soon as the sprint button gets pushed.

I read from someone else in this thread that the Tackle slider effects defenders breaking off their blocks more when the runner gets close to them, so this may be my problem.

My CPU Tackle slider is at 50, and I've fluctuated the Block Shedding slider between 0 and 25, and I honestly don't see any difference. Maybe if I lower the Tackle slider, the Block Shedding slider might have more of an impact. Looks like I'm off to do more testing..

Oh, and I just wanted to point out that the Rush Defense Reaction Time slider doesn't seem to have ANY effect on the CPU noticing if it's a run play, or noticing in what direction the run play is going. I put the slider at 0 and at 100, and the LBs and safeties all reacted exactly the same way on both sliders. What I've noticed that the Rush Reaction Time slider DOES seem to effect is tackling and pursuit angles.

At 0, defenders almost always would get broken ankles if I juked, and defenders would take poor angles chasing the ball carrier. At 100, the juke works sometimes, but if you have a player who isn't shifty like a CJ, Jamaal Charles, etc, you won't find yourself getting cheap, easy yards every time you use the juke.

Because of this, I've left my Rush D Reaction Time at 95.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
This is strange, because even when I set the CPU "Block Shedding" slider to 0, they still break off their blocks as soon as the sprint button gets pushed.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's like everything "fast forward" when you hit sprint. Engagements resolve faster, defenders move quicker - it's annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Oh, and I just wanted to point out that the Rush Defense Reaction Time slider doesn't seem to have ANY effect on the CPU noticing if it's a run play, or noticing in what direction the run play is going. I put the slider at 0 and at 100, and the LBs and safeties all reacted exactly the same way on both sliders. What I've noticed that the Rush Reaction Time slider DOES seem to effect is tackling and pursuit angles.

At 0, defenders almost always would get broken ankles if I juked, and defenders would take poor angles chasing the ball carrier. At 100, the juke works sometimes, but if you have a player who isn't shifty like a CJ, Jamaal Charles, etc, you won't find yourself getting cheap, easy yards every time you use the juke.

Because of this, I've left my Rush D Reaction Time at 95.

What an interesting find! It makes sense - react to the ball carrier, not the play as a whole.

I'm going to have to play with that now, especially in my All-Pro sliders where you have more range to work with.

Wonder if run blocking then works when ever the ball carrier is running, like it did in the old gen with PS2/PC Maddens? Then "RB Ability" applied to all ball carriers, including KR/PR and running after catches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'd like your take on posts in the sliders thread. I find that these are completable only when the CPU pass reaction and interception sliders are very low. When they're up above the 20s, the DBs almost always cut in front of those routes and break them up. This doesn't seem to happen with other route types, which I find peculiar.

I'm able to complete all of these routes even with the CPUs pass reaction and INTs maxed out.. Its all about timing and touch with the left stick. You also can't force the throw if its not there.. Start checking the replay of all you pass plays. You'll start seeing places you could have went with the ball. It will also help you with your timing for when you should have gotten the ball off..
Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's like everything "fast forward" when you hit sprint. Engagements resolve faster, defenders move quicker - it's annoying.

What an interesting find! It makes sense - react to the ball carrier, not the play as a whole.

I'm going to have to play with that now, especially in my All-Pro sliders where you have more range to work with.

Wonder if run blocking then works when ever the ball carrier is running, like it did in the old gen with PS2/PC Maddens? Then "RB Ability" applied to all ball carriers, including KR/PR and running after catches.
Yes, in my experience the "Run Blocking" slider does effect blocking on KR/PRs, screens, etc. Any time there is blocking for a ball carrier, that slider takes effect.

And I wish Madden would change up their sliders DRASTICALLY. For one, difficulty setting should NOT depend on what your sliders are set at. All-Madden AI is much different than All-Pro AI, so the sliders going above 75 should not change the difficulty to All-Pro.

Also, they need to expand the sliders drastically as well. Make each slider extremely specific, so that it only effects one element of gameplay. Many have said that "WR Catch" has an effect on route running as well as catching, but logically it shouldn't. WR Route Running should be it's own slider, WR Catch should be it's own slider, RB Ability should be it's own slider (ability for the RB to read his blocks, find the whole, and run away from defenders), etc etc.

Imagine the results we would be able to come up with if the sliders were separated like this
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm able to complete all of these routes even with the CPUs pass reaction and INTs maxed out.. Its all about timing and touch with the left stick. You also can't force the throw if its not there.. Start checking the replay of all you pass plays. You'll start seeing places you could have went with the ball. It will also help you with your timing for when you should have gotten the ball off..
OK. The post is the toughest one for me. I think I might need to max pass inward toward the receiver's closest shoulder to the LOS, or even just a tad behind his stride to aid the WR in getting body position. Leading the pass right out in front to hit the WR in stride seems inevitable to lead to the DB jumping in front and swatting the pass.

I also really need to learn when to touch pass instead of bullet passing so I can avoid some of the LB mess.

Is that how you pass on the post routes?
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

The biggest thing that I noticed was the CPU QB makes more bad throws into coverage. Im on all Madden sliders with the CPU acc at 95 and WR catch at 90. My coverage is set at 25 for reaction and 45 for INT, which gave me very very realistic results before the patch. I really felt my CB's that were ratged in the 90's played shut down defense 80% of the time and my CB's rated in the 80's would break up a pass 60-65% of the time. I hate lowering my DB abilties because I think it makes them play dumber. I would rather make the CPU QB better but already have the ACC set to 95. Any suggestions for this problem???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont know if it's just me, but the patch seems to work the moment it's installed, but subsequently the game seems to return to normal. For example, the first game i played after the patch was Giants/Falcons(me) I felt it was much easier to run and pass the ball, even the CPU put real zip on the ball and it was hard to stop Bradshaw and Jacobs. But since then the game seems to go back to the same old problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »