Home

Has anyone played with default sliders since the patch?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played with default sliders since the patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Has anyone played with default sliders since the patch?

i'm wondering what the play is like since the patch was supposed to fix things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Has anyone played with default sliders since the patch?

I just went back and played several games on default All Pro and noticed that it was just fine. None of the major stats were all that different from the big slider sets on here, at least as far as my own skill level goes.

I think sometimes you can run into paralysis by analysis with slider sets--the calculus of it can be tiresome and confusing.

I have gone ahead and plugged in Dfos's 100 speed threshold setting because I like how it renders KR, but that aside I'm gonna run with default settings for a while and see what happens.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I just went back and played several games on default All Pro and noticed that it was just fine. None of the major stats were all that different from the big slider sets on here, at least as far as my own skill level goes.

I think sometimes you can run into paralysis by analysis with slider sets--the calculus of it can be tiresome and confusing.

I have gone ahead and plugged in Dfos's 100 speed threshold setting because I like how it renders KR, but that aside I'm gonna run with default settings for a while and see what happens.
Troj, I know we've talked about this before with sliders for Madden 12 and how it's been real tough to dial in on a set. It can literally drive you nuts and it ruins the enjoyment of the game, because you are always tweaking things or there's 1-2 things in someone's set that doesn't fit your particular playstyle.

With one set, I'd get good running stats and a good CPU attack, but I'd get sacked on nearly every play. Other sets I'd see good CPU passing, but they couldn't run the ball.

I'm going to go back to default All-Pro, too, and just ride it out.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I played a game last night, Titans (me) @ Jets. It was a great game. I lost 20-17 after taking a sack on the Jets' 5-yard-line on the final play of the game. I had no timeouts left and probably should've just kicked the FG and went to OT, but thought I'd take one more shot at the end zone with 7 seconds on the clock. Oh well, game was still a blast.

The stats were real good across the board. The Jets ran for well over 100 yards against me, and Plax was a BEAST, catching 5 passes for 174 yards and 2 TDs.

Chris Johnson had a couple of nice runs, but otherwise struggled. Ringer actually did a better job when he was in the game, including turning a screen pass into a 46-yard gain. Hasselbeck was efficient and didn't turn the ball over.

I was very happy with the results and the game was probably the most enjoyable out of all the games I've played in Madden this year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Troj, I know we've talked about this before with sliders for Madden 12 and how it's been real tough to dial in on a set. It can literally drive you nuts and it ruins the enjoyment of the game, because you are always tweaking things or there's 1-2 things in someone's set that doesn't fit your particular playstyle.

With one set, I'd get good running stats and a good CPU attack, but I'd get sacked on nearly every play. Other sets I'd see good CPU passing, but they couldn't run the ball.

I'm going to go back to default All-Pro, too, and just ride it out.
Yeah, that's where I've come to. No set has given me exactly what I'm looking for, and I think I'm tired of looking and tweaking. Default settings give a better balance than they get credit for, and they're hassle-free. Once I'm clearly too good for All Pro, I'll move up, but my games at All Pro are surprisingly competitive, given that they depend on MY decisions and skill, which vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I didn't like default All-Pro. I found it too easy to take out the CPU, especially through the air. With 50 QB Accuracy, I was throwing at will. Also didn't like how the tackling played out.

Too many INTs as well.

On default All-Madden, hated it. The pass blocking needs to be on 0, imo, and watching WR drop balls too much thanks to the low WR catching.

Then all the broken tackles and indecisive movement by the defenders. Low INTs AND Pass reaction just is a mess for pass coverage, imo.

Ugh. I envy those who can be happy with default settings. I'm just not one of them.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I didn't like default All-Pro. I found it too easy to take out the CPU, especially through the air. With 50 QB Accuracy, I was throwing at will. Also didn't like how the tackling played out.

Too many INTs as well.

On default All-Madden, hated it. The pass blocking needs to be on 0, imo, and watching WR drop balls too much thanks to the low WR catching.

Then all the broken tackles and indecisive movement by the defenders. Low INTs AND Pass reaction just is a mess for pass coverage, imo.

Ugh. I envy those who can be happy with default settings. I'm just not one of them.
Yeah, it's a really tough go. There are things I'd like to change, but when you change the sliders to get one effect, there's often a cascade effect that creates other problems. If I want the right number of pass deflections, I lose the balance with interceptions. If I want a tougher CPU run game, I have to deal with unrealistic broken tackle numbers or unrealistic pancake numbers. If I want the CPU passing game to be better I have to lower the HUM rush to the extent that realistic sack numbers become very tough to get.

It's just to tough to find the right balance. I really do admite those like you and PM and Dfos and Authentic and everyone else who devotes such time and attention to trying to balance the game for themselves and others.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

I too went back to playing default All Pro sliders and the last 3 games I played were great. Im one of those people who hates to start tweaking sliders as for me, it becomes a never end game of playing with sliders rather than just enjoying the game.

I think im going to stick with default All pro for a while and when i get better, just increase the difficulty.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »