Home

My New Discovery On All-Madden Sliders!!!! SofaKingRealistic!

This is a discussion on My New Discovery On All-Madden Sliders!!!! SofaKingRealistic! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: My New Discovery On All-Madden Sliders!!!! SofaKingRealistic!

Actually, the "magic number" for each sub slider category (to fall into the All Madden range) is 78...

78 is the highest All Pro Setting, 77 and lower is All Madden...

For example:

If your sliders totals are lower than 78 for the 3 Human Passing categories (QBA, PBK, CTH), then that category would merit a 15 (or higher, depending on how much lower than 78 you set it at)...

If the three sub categories total more than 152, they fall out off All Pro to Pro...

I prefer All Pro, so I need to keep my totals between 152 (lowest All Pro total of 10) to 78 (Highest All Pro total of 14)...

All Zero settings would merit a 20, the highest All Madden difficulty...

All 100's would merit a 0...super rookie!

In the slider settings the OP used in his second post, human passing and running are All Madden, while the setting for human pass and run D are in the All Pro range...

None of the CPU categories are...

Lastly, special teams sliders don't count, as they don't use (or factor into) this equation...

If you want to check what sub categories totals fall into what levels range, simply plug in a copy of Madden 11 (or 10) and go to player settings...

Example two:

Open the passing slider to reveal the three sub slider settings (QBA, PBK, CTH) and plug in your numbers...you will see the "total" influencing what range the settings fall into...

0-5 is Rookie (Sub category total over 213)
5-10 is Pro (153-212)
10-15 is All Pro (78-152)
15-20 is All Madden (under78)

OP's "Grand Totals" are only significant when determining how much of an advantage or disadvantage one has versus CPU totals...the difficulty is based on Category totals (via sub slider totals) ONLY!

High Sub Settings = Low Category Totals = Lower Difficulty

Low Sub Settings = High Category Totals = Higher Difficulty

I don't know why they changed the system this year, but the slider engine is exactly the same, with regard to this...

Hope this helps!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 12-05-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Actually, the "magic number" for each sub slider category (to fall into the All Madden range) is 78...

If this works then I can actually gives some more to the User Run D side which is really struggling on the All-Madden v1 set on pg 1 Normal/Allpro/Realism.

I'm currently using a 295 total pt system for the User side and if 77(308 total for a 4 main sliders) is my actual max low for All-Madden(this yr you can tell by the kickmeter speed) then I have 13more points to play with now overall.

Tackling(I saw London Fletcher getting ran over too much) needs increased for userside.
May need to increase the User Blocking for both run and pass a lil too. So I will update pg All-Madden set w/ 13more pts in some key areas on the user side asap.
Thanks for that info its applicable to my latest set b/c I was using an All-Madden v1 set on my Normal/All-Pro/Realism sliders.

Last edited by dfos81; 12-05-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
If this works then I can actually gives some more to the User Run D side which is really struggling on the All-Madden v1 set on pg 1 Normal/Allpro/Realism.

I'm currently using a 295 total pt system for the User side and if 77(308 total for a 4 main sliders) is my actual max low for All-Madden(this yr you can tell by the kickmeter speed) then I have 13more points to play with now overall.

Tackling(I saw London Fletcher getting ran over too much) needs increased for userside.
May need to increase the User Blocking for both run and pass a lil too. So I will update pg All-Madden set w/ 13more pts in some key areas on the user side asap.
Thanks for that info its applicable to my latest set b/c I was using an All-Madden v1 set on my Normal/All-Pro/Realism sliders.
Pull out Madden 11 (or 10, not sure about earlier new gen) and use Human Passing as your "calculator"...

As you move the sub section sliders up and down, you'll SEE the category total move up and down on the grayed screen behind the sub slider window...

Once again, the higher the sub numbers, the lower the category value and lower the level and vice versa...

Madden's slider implementation NEVER changed during the PS2 era, it won't change now...

The only thing throwing you guys is them getting rid of the Category Slider / Sub Slider interface...but it works EXACTLY the same...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

For example:

If your sliders totals are lower than 78 for the 3 Human Passing categories (QBA, PBK, CTH), then that category would merit a 15 (or higher, depending on how much lower than 78 you set it at)...

If the three sub categories total more than 152, they fall out off All Pro to Pro...

I prefer All Pro, so I need to keep my totals between 152 (lowest All Pro total of 10) to 78 (Highest All Pro total of 14)...

All Zero settings would merit a 20, the highest All Madden difficulty...

All 100's would merit a 0...super rookie!

In the slider settings the OP used in his second post, human passing and running are All Madden, while the setting for human pass and run D are in the All Pro range...

None of the CPU categories are...

Lastly, special teams sliders don't count, as they don't use (or factor into) this equation...

If you want to check what sub categories totals fall into what levels range, simply plug in a copy of Madden 11 (or 10) and go to player settings...

Example two:

Open the passing slider to reveal the three sub slider settings (QBA, PBK, CTH) and plug in your numbers...you will see the "total" influencing what range the settings fall into...

0-5 is Rookie (Sub category total over 213)
5-10 is Pro (153-212)
10-15 is All Pro (78-152)
15-20 is All Madden (under78)

OP's "Grand Totals" are only significant when determining how much of an advantage or disadvantage one has versus CPU totals...the difficulty is based on Category totals (via sub slider totals) ONLY!

High Sub Settings = Low Category Totals = Lower Difficulty

Low Sub Settings = High Category Totals = Higher Difficulty

I don't know why they changed the system this year, but the slider engine is exactly the same, with regard to this...

Hope this helps!
See this confused alot of people on 10-11. The slider set would say 15 if you put any of the categories at 76-77 but the gameplay was All-Pro and the kicking meter would go slow as soon as you bumped any of the sliders above 75. I'm sure that was the main reason why they took off the 0-20 sub settings because it confused alot of people. I thoroughly tested that on 11 because I play an offline franchise with 6 of my friends and a few of them haven't played Madden in a while so I decided to slide a few of the categories above 75 since it said 15 and noticed how bad the CPU started playing and the kicking meter went All-Pro slow. Guys who used my sliders last year will can confirm this.. Throw the game in yourself and raise the categories to 76-77 and watch how slow the kicking meter goes along with the drop in gameplay.

Default All-Madden is 75 for all categories and that is what makes the kicking meter go fast. If you decide to raise any of the categories above 75 you would then have to make sure the full totals of all 4 categories combined doesn't go above 295(Sofakings find) to keep the gameplay All-Madden along with the kicking meter going fast if you are not going to have all 4 of the categories at 75 each which equals 300.

So the basic break down for creating all-madden sliders is to either keep each category at 75(or lower) Example- 75+75+75+75=300(just like default All-Madden) or keep all 4 totalling at 295 if you decide to take one of the categories over 75. Example- 85+70+70+70=295. You have to lower the full total of all 4 below 300 down to 295 or lower in order to take some of the categories above 75. You'll have 295 points to play with when doing it this way. This will keep the gameplay at All-Madden along with the kicking meter going All-Madden speed.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 12-05-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Not true...

I have 85 Pass D points in my All-Madden and 95 for my Run D (user totals) and the kick meter is All-Madden.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
See this confused alot of people on 10-11. The slider set would say 15 if you put any of the categories at 76-77 but the gameplay was All-Pro and the kicking meter would go slow as soon as you bumped any of the sliders above 75. I'm sure that was the main reason why they took off the 0-20 sub settings because it confused alot of people. I thoroughly tested that on 11 because I play an offline franchise with 6 of my friends and a few of them haven't played Madden in a while so I decided to slide a few of the categories above 75 since it said 15 and noticed how bad the CPU started playing and the kicking meter went All-Pro slow. Guys who used my sliders last year will can confirm this.. Throw the game in yourself and raise the categories to 76-77 and watch how slow the kicking meter goes along with the drop in gameplay.

Default All-Madden is 75 for all categories and that is what makes the kicking meter go fast. If you decide to raise any of the categories above 75 you would then have to make sure the full totals of all 4 categories combined doesn't go above 295(Sofakings find) to keep the gameplay All-Madden along with the kicking meter going fast if you are not going to have all 4 of the categories at 75 each which equals 300.

So the basic break down for creating all-madden sliders is to either keep each category at 75(or lower) Example- 75+75+75+75=300(just like default All-Madden) or keep all 4 totalling at 295 if you decide to take one of the categories over 75. Example- 85+70+70+70=295. You have to lower the full total of all 4 below 300 down to 295 or lower in order to take some of the categories above 75. You'll have 295 points to play with when doing it this way. This will keep the gameplay at All-Madden along with the kicking meter going All-Madden speed.

Got it!

Thanks for the detail...

Frankly, I'm shocked that they altered anything, albeit very slightly...

Although the "total" number system is now the determining factor re: level, I still think that there's merit to plugging the numbers into previous iterations, to fine tune "balance"...

That may be just me though!

Thanks again for the clarification!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Got it!

Thanks for the detail...

Frankly, I'm shocked that they altered anything, albeit very slightly...

Although the "total" number system is now the determining factor re: level, I still think that there's merit to plugging the numbers into previous iterations, to fine tune "balance"...

That may be just me though!

Thanks again for the clarification!
No problem man.. I did alot of testing on 11 and on 12 and the kicking meter is a big indicator of the gameplay.. I can't take credit for the 295 cap(sofaking) if you take one of the categories above 75 but I definitely figured out the 75 total for each individual category just like the default All-Madden settings. It would have been alot easier if EA would have broke alot of this down instead of us gamers figuring it out..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No problem man.. I did alot of testing on 11 and on 12 and the kicking meter is a big indicator of the gameplay.. I can't take credit for the 295 cap(sofaking) if you take one of the categories above 75 but I definitely figured out the 75 total for each individual category just like the default All-Madden settings. It would have been alot easier if EA would have broke alot of this down instead of us gamers figuring it out..
For what it's worth:

I plugged my 11 (based off 10) settings into "this years model" and they worked VERY similarly, as I expected...

I have a feeling that the "guts" of the slider system haven't changed much, regardless of the change in slider interface...

That, along with the fact that I played NCAA until a couple weeks ago (VERY late to a Madden 12 slider "party") were the source of my conclusion /confusion...

And with that, I humbly tip my hat to you guys who have been at this (apparently) since release!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »