Home

What is the yellow glow in formations?

This is a discussion on What is the yellow glow in formations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
What is the yellow glow in formations?

When choosing my defensive play, I noticed a few players with sort of a golden hue in their numbers. Anyone know what that means?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: What is the yellow glow in formations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp121272
When choosing my defensive play, I noticed a few players with sort of a golden hue in their numbers. Anyone know what that means?
A wild guess but I think that is an indication of fatigue. Yellow being semi and red being very fatigued, please someone correct me if im wrong, otherwise hope this helps.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
A wild guess but I think that is an indication of fatigue. Yellow being semi and red being very fatigued, please someone correct me if im wrong, otherwise hope this helps.
Sounds logical, so let's see if anyone else chimes in. The auto-subs should take care of players before they get fatigued. I don't have anyone, except QB and OL, below 60 out.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

You are correct. The color of the player's circle in the formations is his fatigue level.

Dark Green is very fresh.
Lighter Green is slightly tired.
Yellow is tiring
Red is very tired
Gray is basically "I'm about to drop, can't I get a breather, coach?"

As far as subs - don't be TOO quick to yank guys, especially on defense - it cuts into their opportunities for plays and stats. Plus, it removes the chance for fatigue to be a tactical dynamic. I know sometimes I try to just "slow down the game" if my defense was on the field a long time, trying my best to avoid a 3-and-out - and if I can't, my guys are struggling for plays, just like a real life exhausted defense.

Meanwhile, I've run-run-run on the AI, just to beat them up and wear them down, even if it's not super efficient. It tends to pay off later, especially if I then make them chase around a mobile QB or have to bring down a big TE/FB on short pass routes.

Some positions "sub" mostly on personnel grouping (like WR/TE/FB) more so than fatigue. HB are a bit of both, some teams sub HB more than others, some are almost 3rd down back and empty sets, otherwise, it's #1 feature back. So I think leaving subs lower than might feel comfortable can let that be a consideration for giving guys a bit of a break and switching up the look of an offense/defense in situations.

Also, at least for me, it makes me think twice about going all-out blitz heavy. I don't want all that charging around and stuff to wear them out by the 3rd quarter...I've learned that lesson the hard way - losing a game in overtime and all my guys were totally like gassed/passing out exhausted (figuratively). I could not stop the AI at all - just pounded it into FG range. Ouch.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-12-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
MVP

I want to see fatigue level of the CPU players! Sure, we can see it for our guys, but what lies in secret deeply troubles me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
MVP

By the way, KBLover, thanks for the tip about blitzing and how it affects fatigue. Don't know why I didn't think of that, but glad I know now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »