Home

PGaither84's Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on PGaither84's Coach Mode Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
PGaither84's Coach Mode Sliders

I couldn't find any Coach Mode sliders, so I thought I would create my own. This is a work in progress and will be updated as often as I can or feel that I need to. I hope that with your feedback, we can make the best coach mode sliders we possibly can.

So, the first thing you might be asking: Why Coach mode?

I always liked to mess around with coach mode in the past because QB play is "too easy" in video games. It's a game, you want to have fun... throwing TD is fun, so use the QB. No big deal. If you want realism though, I find coach mode one of the keys to getting there. With the all new player traits, coach mode is more appealing than ever.

Tuck & Run: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
Throw Ball Away: Yes/No
Sense Pressure: Oblivious/Paranoid/Trigger Happy/Average/Ideal
Forces Passes: Conservative/Ideal/Aggressive
Throws Tight Spiral: Yes/No
Clutch: Yes/No

Combined with the Awareness rating, QBs can really play differently than each other. If you don't agree with how EA set your player's traits, you can edit them. For example, in all of the roster updates, Donny Moore didn't touch the player traits at all as far as I can tell. In fact, I want to start a thread in the main forum to have people post the traits they think need to be changed.

So, on offense I don't control any player after the snap, but make all pre-snap adjustments. On defense I only control a lineman.

Here are the sliders I am trying right now:

User/Computer

Passing
Accuracy: 40/60
Blocking: 0/0
Catching: 30/45

Rushing
Broken Tackles: 0/5
Blocking: 0/25
Fumbles: 25/40

Pass Defense
Reaction Time: 25/50
Interception: 25/30
Pass Rush: 100/50

Run Defense
Reaction Time: 25/50
Block Shedding: 0/0
Tackling: 0/0

*There are 25 "free points" you can put anywhere you want if you think you need to.

Please, start a franchise up, turn injuries off and simulate to the regular seasons and just rip through games on coach mode. Don't care about your win/loss record... just let me know what the action on the field looks like. The stats don't bother me so much when testing sliders. The game play matters the most. We can talk about stats later. How does the game feel?

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: PGaither84's Coach Mode Sliders

PG:

You might want to look at this thread for research.

I used to know this poster from football freaks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-ff-style.html
Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Thanks roadman!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

This is interesting. I'll have to bookmark these to give them a try. Hopefully, I'll get some time late tonight.

I'm a little leery about 25 reaction, especially in Run Reaction, since it seems to make LBs play really badly (in my view anyway - too passive, don't attack gaps when one opens up, letting ball carriers cross face without even trying to tackle), but I'll give it a shot when I get to run these.

I'll use my TB franchise - I have excellent LBs, quick DEs and a pretty decent secondary, but passing defense can be a weakness of the team (they are young and aggressive, and that causes mistakes). Offensively, they are definitely a ground-and-pound type team.

I play defense the same way - play a lineman (a DT so at least one plays closer to like they are supposed to - occupying blockers) and no switching.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Any luck yet? I'm always curious how the DE vs. DT or OLB vs. DE thing plays out. I hate to do edits to make things work, so I'll give these a try and see how they work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

There is this amazing and funny animation Justin Smith threw on Robert Gallerry who only has 78 Pass Blocking Strength. it looked a lot like this @2:10:

it wasn't a regular occurrence. Happened twice in the entire game, but was hilarious to see! When you have 97 power moves against 78 pas blocking strength, that kind of thing should happen.

As I get more games in, I am even thinking of going higher than 75 at sme point. the High Pass Rush compared to 0 pass blocking is improving the interactions. They still aren't good, but a LOT less getting thrown to the ground or being worthless. I am getting to the point where I think I can be Aldon Smith and let Justin do his thing against the AI.

Last edited by PGaither84; 02-26-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I took your queue and used 100 pass rush for me with 0 pass block for them, and it's lovely. I use 50 pass block for me and 0 pass rush for them and I get hit and sacked. I may lower that, but I like the 100 human pass rush very well. I was using PIT and the first string LBs who can rush did their thing. The 2nd string guys in pre-season weren't nearly as effective, which suggests that it's still ratings-based even though the slider is maxed out.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I took your queue and used 100 pass rush for me with 0 pass block for them, and it's lovely. I use 50 pass block for me and 0 pass rush for them and I get hit and sacked. I may lower that, but I like the 100 human pass rush very well. I was using PIT and the first string LBs who can rush did their thing. The 2nd string guys in pre-season weren't nearly as effective, which suggests that it's still ratings-based even though the slider is maxed out.

How do you find the LB play with 25 reaction? Are they aggressive when they have an opening, pursue well, aren't clueless in coverage, etc?

I believe ratings always matter no matter the slider setting. The slider just "bends the curve" so to speak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »