Home

Hester's Madden 13 All-Pro Set

This is a discussion on Hester's Madden 13 All-Pro Set within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Hester's Madden 13 All-Pro Set

First and foremost, I look around these boards every year and try out different slider sets and mix and match them to my own liking. This year I wanted to actually help out and give all of you my own set to try and hopefully let you enjoy the game as much as I am. My main goal for this set is to find a balance between making the game challenging and having realistic statistics at the end of a game. When I change sliders, I try to judge on field gameplay first and then see if the stats add up at the end of a game because lets face it, if you are THAT interested in stats then there are text sims for you to buy. However I really wanted to make sure that the stats looked normal at the end of a game because I obviously want my CCM to be as realistic as possible. Also when you test out the sliders be sure to play a few games with them because at the end of a season a QB's completion % might read 62.5 but there are definitely games where they struggle and on the flip side there are games where they are lights out.

I have a few house rules I use that certainly are not mandatory, but may help you achieve more authentic results. One is I do not abuse bouncing the ball outside while running the ball, I will take the first lane I have and cut upfield. The reason is that a runningback in real life cannot see the whole field like we can in madden and more often than not you will end up with 5-10+ yard gains because that is just how the game is programmed. This will not be fixed until EA overhauls lineplay. The second house rule is I do not abuse any plays that I see will work more often than others. I will not point out these plays (actually I can only think of one right now) because it may ruin your experience and/or you may not even see the same results I see. "What momma don't know, won't hurt her."

*I will provide feedback next to the slider for why I moved it for future reference.*

Game Difficulty: All-Pro (it will change to custom after you move sliders around)
Playcall Style: User choice
Quarter Length: 12 min
Accel Clock: On with 15 sec minimum play time
Auto Strafe: OFF
Auto Sprint: ON
Injuries: 55
Fatigue: 52
Game Speed: Very Slow (personal preference)
Speed Threshold: 50 (No reason to move it yet, seems about right at 50 so far)

Penalties: TBA

Game Sliders (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy: 4/50 (With QBA at 4 for HUM, you will see Lower rated QB's over throwing receivers. If this is a problem then raise it to 5 or 10 but I urge you to stick with it as long as possible. I watched the Bears game last night and Jason Campbell was all over the place, missing easy throws left and right. Just because you are frustrated that your QB missed a throw, you have to realize that it HAPPENS MORE THAN YOU THINK.)
Pass Block: 45/50
WR Catch: 50/50

Broken Tackle: 45/55
Run Block: 55/60 (This may have to go up for CPU to give them a better rushing attack for challenge purposes, but right now I am seeing HB's averaging around 3-4 per carry, which is pretty good.)
Fumbles: 50/50

Reaction Time: 50/75
INT: 45/50 (Sometimes you get the occasional CPU hiccup where the QB just lofts one into double coverage, which is why I turned the INT down 5 for HUM. If this is a problem with dropped INT's you can most certainly raise it back up.)
Pass Rush: 55/65 (I tested this out alot. I use the Bears and at normal settings there was no rush at all. Now I am seeing guys like JPP and Osi on the Giants murdering my line. I also switched teams and the rush from the CPU Bears was not as good as the CPU Giants. There is a small problem with the game where the LT blocks alot more effectively than the RT so you may see more sacks from the LE, however when I used the Giants and the CPU Bears were rushing me Peppers was showing his dominance from time to time. Just expect a lot of the rush to come from the right side of the screen. Nothing we can do about that.)

Reaction Time: 35/50
Block Shed: 50/50
Tackling: 50/55

My biggest problem with NCAA was that the running game felt so predictable. In Madden, there seems to be a lot more animations where plays like the Iso and Powers will have the OL actually moving the DL (whether it be pushing them to the left/right/front or them getting pushed back into the HB) which is VERY refreshing to see. I wanted to make sure Qb's missed their targets every so often and the QB sliders the way they are now for the HUMAN will have elite QBs feeling elite and when you use guys like Kolb you may be scrathing your head as to why he missed a throw, but that is football.

Please provide feedback and I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Hester's Madden 13 All-Pro Set

Nice sliders; I just used them for a couple quarters on 15 minutes 11 second accelerated clock and got some realistic results. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Absolutely! I will be messing around with penalty sliders and Auto subs soon, but I want to really try and nail the gameplay sliders first.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Rookie

BengalsFan99's Arena

OVR: 0

Why do you set the human slider soooo much lower than the computer??Seems like it gives the computer the advantage.I noticed that most people do this.
I am searching for the best sliders for my online CCM league.

I have been reading up on sliders cause I never use to change them until I noticed with NBA2k11 that switching them gives you better animations, even some that I never saw before.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Basically because the AI usually needs a boost to play competitive. All-Pro IMO gives the best representation of the players' ratings, since usually on All-Madden the game cheats to stay competitive. So I set the AI to be more competitive and make it so it is harder for the HUM. This is also because the CPU cannot think like a human, which is pretty self explanitory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Banned

Great sliders bro. Lets see if so called slider gurus are close to these. On change i made. 15 min quarters. Clock run off to 14. About 60 plays per team

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm about to try these out, with the only changes being a thresh of 35 and 15 min quarters with runoff to 14. They look good on paper, let's just see how they are on the field! Are you testing these in play now or CCM? If it's CCM, is it online or offline?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

15 minute quarters with runoff to 14, I was the Titans.

Cleveland Browns at Tennessee Titans
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns ()3100720
Tennessee Titans ()01072037
Team Stats Comparison
CLETEN
Total Offense320398
Rushing Yards106256
Passing Yards214142
First Downs1514
Punt Return Yards1244
Kick Return Yards10488
Total Yards436530
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion6-184-12
4th Down Conversion1-20-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/00/0
Penalties0-03-54
Posession Time30:5829:02
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Weeden24/4023821
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Richardson261154.40
M. Hardesty3-9-3.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Cribbs1013713.71
T. Richardson4184.50
G. Little44611.50
M. Massaquoi4348.51
B. Watson177.00
O. Marecic1-4-4.00
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Locker10/1814611
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Johnson362336.42
J. Locker3175.60
J. Ringer372.31
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K. Wright37926.30
C. Johnson2147.00
J. Cook Jr.2105.00
J. Ringer122.00
D. Williams11111.00
N. Washington13030.00

I think the game played exceptionally well. Not sure if it's because it was the first game on these sliders or because it was play now and I've been doing CCM. CJ2K ran like crazy, but that is believable for him against a poor rush D when he gets that many attempts. Plus, it was really just two ~45 yard runs that boosted his average. Locker played how I feel he should. Weeden seemed pretty good. Only complaints are there seemed to be a lot of dropped INT's by me, but in the end it made for a conceivable stat sheet. Gonna play another game later, will update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »