Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #5321
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
Okay I'm back sorry went on a kick of Borderlands 2 for a while to burn some time but I'm coming back and instead of continuing my Super Bowl Broncos I'm going to start over and go straight to the black set and start with a rebuild. Will probably stick in the AFC but may venture over to the NFC.

But opinions on what team I should go with. Here are some teams I'm looking at in no order:

Chiefs
Raiders
Bucs
Jags
Dolphins
Jets
Browns
Titans
Eagles

I want to run an attacking 4-3 and develop a strong run game with a stable QB. Those are the goals, and once I get them to the Superbowl with a win, I might switch it up at that point. So any suggestions on which one of those teams I should go with.

Chiefs and Browns I might not go with because I feel turning those teams around might be to easy. Both I think have solid D's with a strong run game already.
Dolphins imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #5322
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok so I went with the Dolphins, and I used the black set with the () options in there also since I wasn't destroying in blue, but I figured rebuilding a team so why not. Also 14 minute quarters on normal speed.

Just made it through the preseason games this weekend, and by the end I noticed I didn't do a whole lot of passing and just pounded the ball and I will say I could actually run. For the season with the Broncos I couldn't run to save my life but I was breaking some nice runs with the Dolphins and L. Miller was a beast because in two of the preseason games he went up over 200 yards.

I didn't pass the ball to much and when I did I tried to keep it short to avoid any bad plays with my young QB. Moore as a back up he played very well allowing me to stay in games.

Ended up going 2-2 with a 3 point OT win agains the Bucs, and then a 3 point loss to the Panthers. The Falcons crushed me but I have always had trouble stopping their RB's as they run over all my guys. And then beat the Cowboys by 6, and actually forced Romo to throw 2 picks in his one quarter of play. So sounds right :P

But over all great games and I will keep it updated as the season starts.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #5323
Rookie

Quote:
Ok so I went with the Dolphins, and I used the black set with the () options in there also since I wasn't destroying in blue, but I figured rebuilding a team so why not. Also 14 minute quarters on normal speed.

Just made it through the preseason games this weekend, and by the end I noticed I didn't do a whole lot of passing and just pounded the ball and I will say I could actually run. For the season with the Broncos I couldn't run to save my life but I was breaking some nice runs with the Dolphins and L. Miller was a beast because in two of the preseason games he went up over 200 yards.

I didn't pass the ball to much and when I did I tried to keep it short to avoid any bad plays with my young QB. Moore as a back up he played very well allowing me to stay in games.

Ended up going 2-2 with a 3 point OT win agains the Bucs, and then a 3 point loss to the Panthers. The Falcons crushed me but I have always had trouble stopping their RB's as they run over all my guys. And then beat the Cowboys by 6, and actually forced Romo to throw 2 picks in his one quarter of play. So sounds right :P

But over all great games and I will keep it updated as the season starts.
I'm a Miami fan, and I'd say the 'Phins are a great turnaround team to use. Agreed that they're better than the Chiefs who have some great pieces in place. Lamar Miller is truly a secret beast in this game. I was forced to notice this when Bush got hurt.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #5324
Rookie

Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami Dolphins (0-0-0)012141339
Houston Texans (0-0-0)142801153
Team Stats Comparison
MIAHOU
Total Offense360603
Rushing Yards79345
Passing Yards281258
First Downs1415
Punt Return Yards2076
Kick Return Yards2960
Total Yards676679
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion5/126/11
4th Down Conversion0/00/0
2-Point Conversion0/11/1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/23/3
Penalties2-252-25
Posession Time23:0832:52
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tannehill22/3428121
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bush10181.80
Miller9616.71
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Bess69716.11
Bush57414.80
Hartline57715.41
Moore3165.30
Fasano21680
Miller1110
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Lane10
Jerry10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Clemons12000
Wake6200
Marshall0011
Houston Texans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Schaub15/2129121
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Foster3232110.05
Tate3206.60
Casey1440
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Daniels67312.10
Walter24321.50
Casey273.50
Williams2134672
Posey1550
Johnson115150
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Barwin6000
James6000
Cushing4010

So my first game didn't go so well as I dug a huge hole and did manage to pull within 6 but a couple key bad plays really hurt me. The first was a third and 11 from the 19 and they ran a draw and Foster broke a tackle and my other safety took a super terrible angle which became a reoccuring theme in this game. My back end players take such poor angles that they were allowed big plays which is how Foster racked up so many yards.

Then next terrible play came right before half. They had the ball and were running out the clock and of coarse they snap it with 1 second left and Foster goes into beast mode breaks two tackles and I get to the safety who is already trying to get himself well out of position and try to chase him down but as I get there the computer put on a nice spin move and caused me to run right by him so I gave up a 76 yard run right before half.

And then the back breaker the last 40 yard run where their line knocked my guys off and Foster trucked the poor SS and didn't lose any head of steam as he continued his way into the record book.

Guess I am now going to be scouting for a new safety and some secondary players to go with the WR I need.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #5325
Banned

Quote:
Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami Dolphins (0-0-0)012141339
Houston Texans (0-0-0)142801153
Team Stats Comparison
MIAHOU
Total Offense360603
Rushing Yards79345
Passing Yards281258
First Downs1415
Punt Return Yards2076
Kick Return Yards2960
Total Yards676679
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion5/126/11
4th Down Conversion0/00/0
2-Point Conversion0/11/1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/23/3
Penalties2-252-25
Posession Time23:0832:52
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMIAHOU
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tannehill22/3428121
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bush10181.80
Miller9616.71
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Bess69716.11
Bush57414.80
Hartline57715.41
Moore3165.30
Fasano21680
Miller1110
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Lane10
Jerry10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Clemons12000
Wake6200
Marshall0011
Houston Texans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Schaub15/2129121
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Foster3232110.05
Tate3206.60
Casey1440
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Daniels67312.10
Walter24321.50
Casey273.50
Williams2134672
Posey1550
Johnson115150
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Barwin6000
James6000
Cushing4010

So my first game didn't go so well as I dug a huge hole and did manage to pull within 6 but a couple key bad plays really hurt me. The first was a third and 11 from the 19 and they ran a draw and Foster broke a tackle and my other safety took a super terrible angle which became a reoccuring theme in this game. My back end players take such poor angles that they were allowed big plays which is how Foster racked up so many yards.

Then next terrible play came right before half. They had the ball and were running out the clock and of coarse they snap it with 1 second left and Foster goes into beast mode breaks two tackles and I get to the safety who is already trying to get himself well out of position and try to chase him down but as I get there the computer put on a nice spin move and caused me to run right by him so I gave up a 76 yard run right before half.

And then the back breaker the last 40 yard run where their line knocked my guys off and Foster trucked the poor SS and didn't lose any head of steam as he continued his way into the record book.

Guess I am now going to be scouting for a new safety and some secondary players to go with the WR I need.
seems like the cpu has a couple good runs it never stops and their rb becomes a supernatural lol and cant be stopped. It is frustrating. and another thing that burns me is once your rb fumbles he becomes a fumbling machine lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #5326
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Jarodd just wanted to say thank you for these sliders. I just got Madden 13 and I am running your sliders and having a blast in my cowboys offline ccm. I lost my first 3 preseason games before I won my last one on a 44 yard field goal with :03 left to win. I am starting the regular season tonight and excited for the difficult challenge. After winning 5 super bowls on Madden 12, I am looking for more of a challenge and I have it now. Thanks so much!

With that in mind...do you know how to stop the CPU from attempting the ridiculously long field goals? I kept seeing the CPU attempting 60+ yard field goals throughout preseason and I would return every single one of them on fg block return. Very annoying!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #5327
Rookie

So my 4 preseason games and my first 3 games all played great. Yeah some little hic-ups in there like Foster going beast mode but it wasn't so much completely bad tackling it was some bad angles.

But then after getting to 2-1 I met the Arizona Cards and that game alone is making me want to stop playing this game or completely destroy the break tackle sliders. This game was so bad and all the BS that went on just helped it along.

They probably broke 100 tackles that game because they averaged at least one a play, even when I thought I was going to sack Kolb he broke the tackle of the DT and ran 10 yards and got a first. I remember on a third and long he threw a dump off pass and the guy broke four tackles, which would have been more if the fourth broken one didn't send him out of bounds.

This game wasn't going to let me win and it showed when I would get a good drive going their their corner PP would make a nice pick, because my QB would be so off he would throw it straight to the CB who was beat. My QB must love sharing. Or the three fumbles I had which of coarse my guys can't force when their players are running around and spinning and breaking tackles like their whole team was AP.

These break tackles were so bad there was one play where it was 4th and a couple and they ran a fake punt which I was ready for and I met the guy in the back field. So what happens he gets the I'm going to drag you 5 yards animation which means no one can stop me from getting this first down.

So even with all this BS I managed to hit a couple of big plays and some how tie the game up as the clocks expire. They get the ball first of coarse and then the BS goes to new heights.

Managed to finally stop them at around mid field and of coarse I expect a fake punt again, and hey hey I'm right. But this time I came out in my base 4-3 man cover 2. And they do a punt pass, and their punter throws a dart to streaking DE who makes a diving catch 30 yards down field..... And punter throwing a perfect pass to a DE who burned LB... So of coarse I keep playing and try to hold them to a FG. and they get inside the 5 with a first down.

So I expect to lose and get them into third and goal from the 2 and I run commit up the middle and hit the RB in the backfield, but since he went into a break tackle animation the other guy couldn't do anything and a linemen circled back and picked him up and all my guys were sealed as he waltz in for the game winning score.

The amount of BS in that game alone is almost reason that I might shelf this game or I might just have to drop break tackles down to a reasonable level because that wasn't realistic. And it wasn't like it was just that game as that was the third time I tried that game.

The first one by the second quarter their RB already had 5 carries which went for more than 50 yards all of which had at least 3 broken tackles. That is 15 broken tackles by a RB in less than a half. So of coarse I wasn't going to put up with that because 5 in one half isn't worth my time.

So the next game I get the ball drive it deep into the redzone and threw a pick, which was my fault for trying to force it, but the fun part was the Corner broke 5 tackles running down the side line. The only reason it was 5 was because each time it slowed him down my guys would act like he was tackled and give up while I had to switch to get another guy into position, but nope 5 broken tackles later and he was in the endzone. Didn't even bother to wait around to see what insane things their offense would do if their corners can break tackles like that.

Sorry for the rant but that last game really put me into a bad mood with the BS. I probably should have just quit and played another day.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #5328
Rookie

OVR: 1

I call it DCT, Dynamic Cheating Technology. I'm surprised its not talked about more on these forums. There's such a heavy element of scripting/cheating or whatever you want to call it. Maybe they can't make the games competitive without it, but the way they do it so blatantly is like having a giant middle finger pointed at you from inside the screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »