Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #1473
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

I’ve had some great games with these sliders. I played the first game of my Panthers Offline CCM last night against the Bucs and won 30-26. Bucs had the ball at my 5 yardline with no timeouts and the clock running inside of 5 seconds, got the last play off but were’nt able to complete it otherwise they would’ve won the game. Both sides had ~ 425ish yards of offense. Bucs had 200 on the ground, 225 in the air. Panthers had 150 on the ground 275 in the air.

Only issues I’ve had with these sliders are too many turnovers. I’ve heard that the tackle slider is linked to the fumble slider, and the fumble slider needs to be 10 higher than the tackle slider. So, since CPU tackle is 40, user fumbles needs to be 50. User tackle is at 20, CPU fumbles needs to be 30. I think there were 5 fumbles in this game, three leading to turnovers. With 6 QB accuracy, 94 defense reaction and 45 INT slider, I threw a few too many picks. Some of them felt almost like physic LB again. The QB accuracy and defense reaction was perfect for difficulty passing, I just felt some of those balls should’ve been tipped or knocked down instead of intercepted so I think I’m going to lower CPU INT to 25. I’m also going to raise USER INT to 25 as I didn’t have a single pick in about 3 games. Lots of drops though.

The only other issue I had was LB’s ending up playing DT/DE because of the auto sub and fatigue sliders. I’m going to put DT/DE to 70/75 instead of 80/85.

Overall very good and enjoyable sliders. Thank you!
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #1474
Pro

OVR: 1

how did u get it to 70/75 i can't get it set to that it only goes to 70/69
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #1475
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
how did u get it to 70/75 i can't get it set to that it only goes to 70/69
Bad formatting on my part - I set it at 75 IN, 70 OUT - so i guess its 75/70 not 70/75.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #1476
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
I’ve had some great games with these sliders. I played the first game of my Panthers Offline CCM last night against the Bucs and won 30-26. Bucs had the ball at my 5 yardline with no timeouts and the clock running inside of 5 seconds, got the last play off but were’nt able to complete it otherwise they would’ve won the game. Both sides had ~ 425ish yards of offense. Bucs had 200 on the ground, 225 in the air. Panthers had 150 on the ground 275 in the air.

Only issues I’ve had with these sliders are too many turnovers. I’ve heard that the tackle slider is linked to the fumble slider, and the fumble slider needs to be 10 higher than the tackle slider. So, since CPU tackle is 40, user fumbles needs to be 50. User tackle is at 20, CPU fumbles needs to be 30. I think there were 5 fumbles in this game, three leading to turnovers. With 6 QB accuracy, 94 defense reaction and 45 INT slider, I threw a few too many picks. Some of them felt almost like physic LB again. The QB accuracy and defense reaction was perfect for difficulty passing, I just felt some of those balls should’ve been tipped or knocked down instead of intercepted so I think I’m going to lower CPU INT to 25. I’m also going to raise USER INT to 25 as I didn’t have a single pick in about 3 games. Lots of drops though.

The only other issue I had was LB’s ending up playing DT/DE because of the auto sub and fatigue sliders. I’m going to put DT/DE to 70/75 instead of 80/85.

Overall very good and enjoyable sliders. Thank you!
If you raise fumbles like that you won't ever see a fumble. Not sure who came up with that idea. Also I don't think you need to go all the way to 25 on Int's. do what you want but, int slider also has an affect on their coverage and aggressiveness.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #1477
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Man sliders are crazy some times. I have been doing testing on a few things that I have been wondering about. This is in play now. I will text in CCM next. I am now 98% convinced that Pass reaction sliders for CPU and User work different/are backward. I tested everything from 0 to 100. With CPU pass reaction at 0 they cover like glue in MAN to Man. With user pass reaction at 90 they cover worse for the user. I put user pass reaction at 0 all the way up to 75 and they pretty much mirrored the receivers. At 90+ they had to read and react. I'm starting to think this slider is how long it take the DB to react. 0 would be instant reaction. 100 would be slower.

The only reason I even started noticing this is because at 94 cpu pass reaction it was still too easy for me to find open guys. I have heard others make this claim and I didn't believe them. Just test your self. Put user pass reaction at 90-100 and cpu's at 0-5 and see if you see what I see. Call a pass play with an out, curl or crossing route and see what they do in man to man.

Welcome to the enlightened club .... Took me a while to also grasp this concept, but you now hopefully understand it.... Pass reaction is meant to increase or decrease the defenders REACTION time, AFTER the pass is in the air. If you pull off a play action pass, and have a weak LB covering a stud TE, you will notice that in tight space, a thrown ball that the LB should at the very least get in between and/or deflect, can in fact be completed ....

In fact, my present strategy is to establish the running game in the first 9 minutes of every quarter and then when I am down in the red zone, make sure that I have two or three play action plays ready to burn the CPU on.... The success rate is better than 50%, so it's not a cheese play, but when perfectly executed on a run blitz, it's a thing of beauty to execute and see unfold....

What I am testing in my lab is RUN/PASS ratios based on HUM PASS REACT & HUM RUN REACT sliders.... My theory is that the "LOOSER" the slider, the more of that action you will see, ie. HIGHER PASS REACT, more passing and the opposite on running, the LOWER the HUM RUN REACT slider, the more passing.... Just a theory....

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #1478
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Welcome to the enlightened club .... Took me a while to also grasp this concept, but you now hopefully understand it.... Pass reaction is meant to increase or decrease the defenders REACTION time, AFTER the pass is in the air. If you pull off a play action pass, and have a weak LB covering a stud TE, you will notice that in tight space, a thrown ball that the LB should at the very least get in between and/or deflect, can in fact be completed ....

In fact, my present strategy is to establish the running game in the first 9 minutes of every quarter and then when I am down in the red zone, make sure that I have two or three play action plays ready to burn the CPU on.... The success rate is better than 50%, so it's not a cheese play, but when perfectly executed on a run blitz, it's a thing of beauty to execute and see unfold....

What I am testing in my lab is RUN/PASS ratios based on HUM PASS REACT & HUM RUN REACT sliders.... My theory is that the "LOOSER" the slider, the more of that action you will see, ie. HIGHER PASS REACT, more passing and the opposite on running, the LOWER the HUM RUN REACT slider, the more passing.... Just a theory....
Lol. I've known about the user one being different for a while. I just didn't think the CPU one was. I do think the last of what you said has some truth to it. Sense I put the slider at user 90+ pass reaction they are indeed passing more.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #1479
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

If anyone gets a chance use my sliders in CCM and choose all-madden difficulty. In play now they are all-madden. I'm wondering if that means I should be using the all madden difficulty. In play now its custom but, the kick meter is all-madden so I know these are all madden. If sliders are supposed to be the same in CCM and play now then choosing all madden might be the way to go.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #1480
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
If anyone gets a chance use my sliders in CCM and choose all-madden difficulty. In play now they are all-madden. I'm wondering if that means I should be using the all madden difficulty. In play now its custom but, the kick meter is all-madden so I know these are all madden. If sliders are supposed to be the same in CCM and play now then choosing all madden might be the way to go.
I have them in my CCM on ALL-MADSTUD, as I do in my Play Now mode.... Have played almost a complete season with my slider set in ALL-MADSTUD and will soon have stats that I can analyze and pick apart to make better decisions on how to handle the sliders...

You know what would be helpful, if a group of us that have a better grasp of what each slider does, were to assign "homework" to the Maddenites and if they could report back with honest feedback and stats regarding their "homework" assignment.

For example, it would be great to test out our theories over the course of two weeks by respectfully asking Maddenites to play a third of a season (5-6 games) with a particular set of sliders, just so that we can test theories faster.... For one bloke to go at it alone, is a pain in the a.ss, and because of the time involved to test out theories, I find that a lot of the stuff posted on the OS Slider thread is erroneous because it is based on a few quarters of play rather than a body of work lasting at least 5 games or more...

Just some thoughts from a frustrated slider tuner , that wished there was more time in the day to play partial seasons and test out all the necessary theories, so that a workable base set of sliders can be identified for everyone to build from and enjoy and without having to wait till next summer to finally get it right!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »