Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #1481
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Lol. I've known about the user one being different for a while. I just didn't think the CPU one was. I do think the last of what you said has some truth to it. Sense I put the slider at user 90+ pass reaction they are indeed passing more.

True dat! The most frustrating part I am having is where to set the HUM PASS/RUN REACT SLIDERS, to "coax" the CPU into a better PASS/RUN ratio balance.... Personally, this is my biggest beef with the game since day one... The PASS/RUN ratios in games, more often than not, are whacked...

My principle on slider tuning is that I do not want my slider setting to SUPERSEDE the players natural attributes (even thought the attributes assigned from EA are way out of whack, but that's a whole different thread to bitch and complain about). This having been said, I try to find the "sweet spot" where there is just enough balance between my real time playing decisions and adjustments that I need to make within the game against the strengths and weaknesses of the NFL team on my flat screen... I never want to have that sense or feeling that my gameplay and decision making is to counter the sliders that I dialed in for the CPU...

In the lab at the present trying to find the "sweet spot"....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #1482
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
For one bloke to go at it alone, is a pain in the a.ss, and because of the time involved to test out theories,
tell me about it. This is the exact reason why I pretty much retired from releasing a community set,and just working for myself.

It's simply to much to do for 1 person.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #1483
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
tell me about it. This is the exact reason why I pretty much retired from releasing a community set,and just working for myself.

It's simply to much to do for 1 person.

LOL.... I have SERIOUSLY given this direction a thought, on more than one occasion, since M13 was pimped to the masses.... At the present, I am on the fence if I should continue a community thread, I may just ride into the sunset like Clint Eastwood did so many times in his classic spaghetti westerns....
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #1484
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
LOL.... I have SERIOUSLY given this direction a thought, on more than one occasion, since M13 was pimped to the masses.... At the present, I am on the fence if I should continue a community thread, I may just ride into the sunset like Clint Eastwood did so many times in his classic spaghetti westerns....
I think you should continue, because any additional knowledge we can gain from someone who has a knack for this, is helpful. The other slider makers are in your thread as much as the rest of the community. We all have one goal; we are one big team.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #1485
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
...that's what I'm hoping with my thread....just let it ride off into the sunset,for that classic happy ending.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #1486
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
...that's what I'm hoping with my thread....just let it ride off into the sunset,for that classic happy ending.
I think both of your sorry asses should get off of your soap boxes and get back to tweaking
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #1487
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Made some changes to the OP. I haven't changed pass reaction sliders yet because I'm still working on it. This set is now All-Madden when you use it in play now. The user side total is under 300. When you get under that number it's All-Madden. The kicking meter speeds up so that is how you know. I am going to try these in CCM with All-Madden difficulty. This should help with the CPU awareness. All-Pro should still work fine for these.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #1488
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Made some changes to the OP. I haven't changed pass reaction sliders yet because I'm still working on it. This set is now All-Madden when you use it in play now. The user side total is under 300. When you get under that number it's All-Madden. The kicking meter speeds up so that is how you know. I am going to try these in CCM with All-Madden difficulty. This should help with the CPU awareness. All-Pro should still work fine for these.
My brudda from annuda mudda: These were exactly my expectations for trying to go upstream to the ALL-MADSTUD setting... I want the CPU to inherently be MORE AWARE, SHARPER, A QUICKER THINKER, A MORE INSTINCTIVE REACTOR TO THE KITCHEN SINK THAT MY DEFENSE BRINGS...

However, so far, my "post-patch beta blend" is still bitter, and nothing like the good cold Samuel Adams that I had blended together pre-patch, but I am still toiling away...

I am glad that you have made the choice to come and swim with the "big fish ()"... I always believe that more minds attacking a community problema are better than uno....

Look forward to your insight and gems of truth....Out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »