Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #497
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Hey Charter question for ya. I do not use your sliders I have been building my own if no other reason to learn how the sliders affect things for myself but I respect your dedication and the feedback you are getting from others is impressive.

I am still working on getting good run/pass ratios out of the CPU offense by way of sliders in CCM. I know you were looking at this prior but there are lots of posts to read and I was wondering which sliders/settings you feel have an effect on this?

To start with I feel in CCM for whatever reason the CPU playcalling is more dynamic/varied on All-Pro than All-Madden. Following that I believe USER Pass Defense Reaction higher (above 50) makes the CPU run the ball more. I am going to test at 25 and at 75 to confirm this but you may have already tried that and wondered if thats so. Are there any other sliders or settings you feel can influence the CPU's run/pass ratio?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #498
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I've really been testing these hard the last week or so, trying bad teams against good, good against bad, and everything in between, and every time this set shined like a new diamond. Great great job dude.
Thanks man. It really is amazing to see the different experiences people are getting. I am really having a good time with Madden and these sliders. I feel everything is playing pretty realistic. I play these games and can't imagine how some are getting the terrible results they are posting. The only thing I can figure is using them in Play Now. CCM plays so different. Also if you don't play sim then I'm sure the results will be different. I only play sim so I don't know what those results would be. Ha ha. Thanks for the feed back man.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #499
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Hey Charter question for ya. I do not use your sliders I have been building my own if no other reason to learn how the sliders affect things for myself but I respect your dedication and the feedback you are getting from others is impressive.

I am still working on getting good run/pass ratios out of the CPU offense by way of sliders in CCM. I know you were looking at this prior but there are lots of posts to read and I was wondering which sliders/settings you feel have an effect on this?

To start with I feel in CCM for whatever reason the CPU playcalling is more dynamic/varied on All-Pro than All-Madden. Following that I believe USER Pass Defense Reaction higher (above 50) makes the CPU run the ball more. I am going to test at 25 and at 75 to confirm this but you may have already tried that and wondered if thats so. Are there any other sliders or settings you feel can influence the CPU's run/pass ratio?
I wish I knew the answers to those questions. I have tried so many different combos and I never seem to get anywhere on CCM. I don't even know if EA knows what the sliders are doing this year. HA HA. I will make changes and think that it will make something harder or have a different result and it just doesn't. I hope you unlock the secret because I haven't. I have tried to work with what I have currently and see if the CPU will run better and nothing I have tried has made anything better. I tried the threshold at 100 and the cpu qb was terrible. The run game was about the same though. I raised the user pass reaction to 90 and played a online ccm game with the Packers(me) v the 49ers(cpu). They ran just as much as they ever do. Then I will play a team with it on 50 and they will start passing. I am starting to think raising that slider does nothing. I know at 0 it makes the human coverage like it should be at 100 though. I am starting to feel like I just got lucky to even have the slider set I currently have and I think I'm going to just have fun with the game and wait on the patch. LOL My current set is working pretty good for some so I don't want to ruin that by trying to fix things that can't be fixed. I think there must be something about the cpu game plan that changes from week to weak and what team you are. I know that when the run is working they just stick to it. When they get behind they start passing more but, they still run draw plays which is good. I have notice that playing all 4 15 min quarter games helps. It makes the overall game much more dynamic. The cpu always make halftime adjustments and maybe even adjustments every quarter. I hope you find some stuff I can use.

Last edited by charter04; 09-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #500
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I wish I knew the answers to those questions. I have tried so many different combos and I never seem to get anywhere on CCM. I don't even know if EA knows what the sliders are doing this year. HA HA. I will make changes think that it will make something harder or have a different result and it just doesn't. I hope you unlock the secret because I haven't. I have try to work with what I have currently and see if the CPU will run better and nothing I have tried has made anything better. I tried the threshold at 100 and the cpu qb was terrible. The run game was about the same though. I raised the user pass reaction to 90 and played a online ccm game with the Packers(me) v the 49ers(cpu). They ran just as much as they ever do. Then I will play a team with it on 50 and they will start passing. I am starting to think raising that slider does nothing. I know at 0 it makes the human coverage like it should be at 100 though. I am starting to feel like I just got lucky to even have the slider set I currently have and I think I'm going to just have fun with the game and wait on the patch. LOL
hmm looks like EA has implemented the random gameplay feature without telling anyone!

I see people post boxscores with good CPU Pass/Run splits, sometimes high run percentage or high pass percentage depending on the slider set they are using so there must be some factors involved. It is all so confusing we pretty much KNOW how Play Now sliders work but this CCM business makes you feel like Detective Colombo sometimes.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #501
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
hmm looks like EA has implemented the random gameplay feature without telling anyone!

I see people post boxscores with good CPU Pass/Run splits, sometimes high run percentage or high pass percentage depending on the slider set they are using so there must be some factors involved. It is all so confusing we pretty much KNOW how Play Now sliders work but this CCM business makes you feel like Detective Colombo sometimes.
I really think DPP has something to do with it. I actually like how every game can play out different but, I just wish we had access to the coaching play call sliders. This would help so much. With so many variables in CCM and the DPP it makes slider making very challenging. It would help to have a constant that stayed constant. I am really loving this game though. I love the unpredictability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #502
MVP

BrianU's Arena

True. Another variable im interested in is how USER defense performance affects CPU offensive playcalling. For example if you are shutting down the run regularaly and they are averaging 2.0 YPC will they still use the same Run/Pass ratio going forward or will they abandon the run and skew the play calling midgame towards the pass? I honestly havent even played a full game yet ive just been testing everything I am OCD like that I want things to be as perfect as possible before I commit to playing a full game ill get there soon
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #503
MVP

OVR: 20

Just had a very costly game.

Played the 49ers, to move to 13-1. Beat them 41-14, but lost Flynn, Sidney Rice, and Kellen Winslow (again) for at least a week.

Interestingly enough, I connected on 2 flukey plays. I had a 3rd and 19 and gameflow called verticals. At this time, I had Rice and Flynn. CB pressed Rice, and Rice beat him. The safety rotated over, and jumped, but tipped the ball. Rice catches it with 1 hand in the air and goes 72 yards for a TD.

2 series later, gameflow calls a HB Dive. Lynch gets the ball, and goes for a gain of 2 yards, but is NOT down. I move him and next thing I know it's a 67 yard TD run. I go into replay and he's laying on the defender. The CPU players walked away and that was that.

I was outgained 419 to 328.

The game prior, I played the Bills...again any doubts of the CPU gameplan is not with me. Fred Jackson had 23 carries for 119 yards. CJ SPiller had 10 carries for 37 yards. I won that game 24-16.

I'm seeing a wide variety of games. From a 45-6 win over the Dolphins (god they are awful) to a 10-9 win over the 49ers to a 20-14 win over the Bears.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #504
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
Just had a very costly game.

Played the 49ers, to move to 13-1. Beat them 41-14, but lost Flynn, Sidney Rice, and Kellen Winslow (again) for at least a week.

Interestingly enough, I connected on 2 flukey plays. I had a 3rd and 19 and gameflow called verticals. At this time, I had Rice and Flynn. CB pressed Rice, and Rice beat him. The safety rotated over, and jumped, but tipped the ball. Rice catches it with 1 hand in the air and goes 72 yards for a TD.

2 series later, gameflow calls a HB Dive. Lynch gets the ball, and goes for a gain of 2 yards, but is NOT down. I move him and next thing I know it's a 67 yard TD run. I go into replay and he's laying on the defender. The CPU players walked away and that was that.

I was outgained 419 to 328.

The game prior, I played the Bills...again any doubts of the CPU gameplan is not with me. Fred Jackson had 23 carries for 119 yards. CJ SPiller had 10 carries for 37 yards. I won that game 24-16.

I'm seeing a wide variety of games. From a 45-6 win over the Dolphins (god they are awful) to a 10-9 win over the 49ers to a 20-14 win over the Bears.
Do you lose to better teams, teams with similar ratings, and under dog teams that just played lights out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »