Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #737
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

I'm not sure what either side is trying to prove. If the CPU can't run the ball, as in you never have to call plays designed around stopping the run at any point during a game, you will never lose.

What point is trying to be made with thes last few posts?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #738
Rookie

OVR: 4

Honestly I have no idea lol

Cheez just said elite backs usually don't get 50 yards or less so I decided to post that everyone has bad games. I'm not trying to prove anything slider wise. Sliders should be hard so you do have to call plays to stop the run, so Jared your right. Im basically just saying if you play a team with a great Back and he doesn't do good. Everyone has bad games. If it happens consistently however. than you have a problem

Last edited by AlienArcherV1; 09-09-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #739
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm just saying If you want the user running to be so hard so you can't have big gains of yards ap having 60 every game isn't realistic
Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #740
Rookie

OVR: 0

Cj for the bills had 169
Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #741
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezSteez
I'm just saying If you want the user running to be so hard so you can't have big gains of yards ap having 60 every game isn't realistic
I agree, But if it happens once or twice. Its still realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #742
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwinius
I guess I feel it should be based on yards per carry because that makes more sense. It's not unreasonable to get 140 yards a game with Cedric Benson if he carries it 30+ times. That's up to the user to decide. I used gameflow so I wasn't really choosing between run and pass, but to try to get a user rushing amount between a certain number when people testing could be between 10-40 rushing attempts is kinda dumb. Unless you base it on yards per carry you're not really judging difficulty of running at all.

Also, I believe people saying rushing is too easy most just be calling money rushing plays... because using gameflow calls up all the crappy WR runs and other crap running plays that made playing this very hard.

I think the basis for me reacting negatively to the statement about the RBs mostly has to do with the fact that without AP I had 0 rushing game... like 3 yards a carry if I was lucky... which is fine... but the thought of making it harder is cringe worthy for me.
I understand what your saying. I do wish people would use the substitution option in the call play screen. This is what I do. When my RB gets red then I put the back up in. I know you can't do this with gameflow though. I also don't think Cedric Benson (I don't know why he keeps being the example, lol) would average 4.6 yards a carry every game. He certainly wouldn't if he averaged 30 carries a game. This is another thing about the game. real coachs don't run their backs that much because they want them for a full season. Since EA doesn't have a very good injury based on actually on the field events no one has to worry about that. If your RB get injured it's just happenstance. I do agree that the user should chose to use their back how ever they want. I'm not trying to make it unrealistically difficult. As a matter of face the OP is it for now. It is a base set and if someone wants things a little harder then they will just have to tweak themselves.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #743
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Charter I like how you think regarding looking for a challenge. I know you have your base set posted but what current tweaks have you implemented into your personal set you use?

I'm going to start a real ccm soon after testing sliders for 3 seasons worth once I settle on a set
I will put my personal set that I am currently using later tonight as a feed comment.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #744
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by risewithus56
Just thought I'd note, using the newest sliders, I'm still averaging over 8.0 YPC and 200 yards rushing with Ray Rice and the Ravens, which leads to 35+ PPG. Yes, it's Ray Rice, yes, it's a fairly good offensive line, but four straight games of 8+ YPC is clearly too much, though, so I'm thinking of dropping the Run Block rating even further. It seems to be the blocking on the edge that just can't be stopped as opposed to breaking a lot of tackles.

Your thoughts? I obviously haven't done as much research as you have, what effects do you start seeing at low 30's Run Block?
Is this the normal speed set? You might want to lower run blocking and raise CPU block shed. I noticed today watch the NFL that holes don't stay open as long as they are in Madden. I think raise cpu block shedding would help. You don't want to lower you run blocking to the point were they don't block their assignments though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »