Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #793
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro@stedBoltsF@n
3) My DE Jared Odrick was also a SACK monster. After the 8 games I played he had 14 sacks. Seems a little high for a guy who is a 78 OVR? However Cameron wake had 2. So....Im not too sure about this one?
He is probably the LE I'm assuming. If so, I think that's an issue in M13 in general. It seems the LEs play like Reggie White while most of the REs don't get many stats at all. If you switched Odrick and Wake, you'd find that Wake will then get all the sacks.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #794
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree that CPU rushing needs to be brought down a touch and that USER rushing is a little too easy in V5
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #795
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I agree that CPU rushing needs to be brought down a touch and that USER rushing is a little too easy in V5
Don't sweat it bro, the brew in the lab has all the answers....

Problems being addressed include:

1) HUM rushing
2) CPU rushing
3) LE BEAST sack glitch

As a tease, all I can say is that the word "beta" is getting close to being dropped and changed to "polished" ....

Stay tuned...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #796
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Don't sweat it bro, the brew in the lab has all the answers....

Problems being addressed include:

1) HUM rushing
2) CPU rushing
3) LE BEAST sack glitch

As a tease, all I can say is that the word "beta" is getting close to being dropped and changed to "polished" ....

Stay tuned...

Oh i'm tuned brother... you're the only station on the TV!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #797
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Oh i'm tuned brother... you're the only station on the TV!

UPDATE**********************

PASSING CHECK
PASS RUSH BEAST LE PROBLEM CHECK
HUM RUSHING CHECK
CPU RUSHING PENDING
REALISTIC STATS SUPER CHECK
LONG BOMBS BY BOMBERS CHECK
ELITE RUNNERS ARE BEEEEEAST CHECK
ELITE WR'S ARE BEEEEEEAST CHECK
ANIMATIONS WORKING PROPERLY CHECK
DRAMA FILLED BACK & FORTH GAMES CHECK
REALISTIC TURNOVERS SUPER CHECK

LADIES:

Basically the slider tune up is done.... I am now putting it through its paces....

This weekend I wanted to test what would happen if I broke my house rules on defense, meaning, I dialed up the same "money" run blitz plays every single play.... Here is a summary of the data over 11 games playing in this style with the newest tuned sliders:

TOTAL CPU RUSHES: 319
TOTAL YDS. GAINED: 414
AVG. YPC FOR CPU RB: 1.29
CPU TOT FUMBL LOST: 5

TOTAL CPU PASSES: 374
TOTAL YDS. GAINED: 2169
AVG. YARDS PER GAME: 197.2
CPU TOTAL INT'S: 24.2
HUM TOTAL SACKS: 47

Just as I thought, the HUM DEF can & WILL KILL the CPU running game INSTANTLY if you call your own plays on Defense and cheese your calls with a ton of pressure blitzes. Also, the passing game is RADICALLY affected when you do your own play calling, as the QB's number plummet, and HUM sacks go through the roof....

Now, to test my HOUSE RULES with the newly tuned sliders, I followed my rules to the "T" with a wrinkle.... The wrinkle was that on EVERY DEFENSIVE play, I would put the controller down. That's right, it's as if I was in COACH mode and just let the play, play-out without ANY influence from me since I put the control aside and let the sucker play out. Here are the stats using that method (I also played 11 games):

TOTAL CPU RUSHES: 264
TOTAL YDS. GAINED: 1029.6
AVG. YPC FOR CPU RB: 3.9
CPU TOT FUMBL LOST: 6

TOTAL CPU PASSES: 407
TOTAL YDS. GAINED: 2971.1
AVG. YARDS PER GAME: 270.1
CPU TOTAL INT'S: 6
HUM TOTAL SACKS: 23.1

Ladies, I am telling you, that there is some sort of correlation between you calling plays and the stat realism in M13 getting killed. Now, I agree with you guys that the play calling by ASK MADDEN sucks, and that is why I recommend you plug in some audibles. It's not perfect, but it is the tradeoff I believe we have to accept to get the highest possible degree of realism from the M13.

I have personally reached the point of utter frustration with the play calling and how much impact the HUM has on statistical outcomes, that for me, FOR SURE, on DEFENSE, I am just going to pick a DEF player and let the play, play-out, absolutely NO SWITCHING...In fact, I kind of liked putting the controller down on Defense and just watching the play unfold. If I get burned, OH WELL, better draft for that weakness, or better trade for a stud to cover up that weakness, or pick up a free agent to address my defensive weaknesses. The way I have sold the concept of putting the controller down on defense to myself is, that on DEFENSE, I am truly the GM, watching my team execute. On OFFENSE, since I am using ASK MADDEN exclusively (except for the last 2 min of the half), with some "non-money" audibles mixed in for fun, I am both the player at times, and also the GM watching how my offense executes the COACHES play calls...

Bottom line, HOUSE RULES, for me, are here to stay. It is the sacrifice I have to make to get the realism I seek. The upside is that with the controller at my side on Defense, I can savor my beer better and that is NEVER a bad thing.

Stay tuned...

Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #798
Pro

OVR: 6

Are you assigning the CPU a playbook, as is being discussed in the main page thread, or are you using the default team specific books?

Assigning the playbooks as in that thread makes an impressive improvement to CPU game play.

Just curious if you had experimented with that at all.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #799
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

One thing I would like to examine is the differences between game flow and ask madden playcalling. Ive tried both with the slider sets, and have a couple of non-data supported conclusions.

There are two areas of concern between game flow and ask madden. The first is play variety. Again, I didnt take notes so I don't have data to support my claim, but I feel that game flow offered a greater variety of plays. Or, to be more specific I guess, game flow offered more variations in different situations. I felt like anytime I was in a certain situation, say 2nd and short, I would get the exact same play suggestions from ask madden.

The second area of concern lies in realistic statistics. I had the impression that game flow provided a better experience as a realistic nfl sim. In general, the plays seemed more difficult to execute, and that difficulty translated into more realistic stats at the end.

I don't know how many others got the same impression as I did. I was hoping that Wiz could find the time to incorporate this into his lab testing to get a definite answer. I'm going to be doing the same thing to find out which style of playcalling provides the best experience as an nfl sim with these sliders.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #800
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Wiz, hook us up with those new sliders! I'm ready to try them out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »