Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #737
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by soil2thesun
looks good dude...since ive been following this thread ive determined a few things...

1-you are funny as **** (rhymes with LUCK) dude!
2-you must never sleep...i dunno where u find the time, but god bless u! i have a little one at home myself and finding my madden time requires little sleep, or a nagging gf..usually both.
3-most importantly, your sliders are ****ing (rhymes with LUCK) GREAT! ive toyed with other slider sets on this forum...i dont even bother checking them out anymore..yours are the cream of the crop..in my opinion.

question..is there any way to convert this to normal speed...meaning, would recommend i need to change any of the sliders if i wanted to put game speed on normal..??

thanks as always brotha!

The "Pimp in the blog" slips on his Scary Movie Ghost Face mask, and sits down to converse with his fellow peeps for the day....

Waaazzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap peep?

Thank you for the props on the threads humor... Prior to starting this humble thread, I had personally trolled many of the threads posted in OS Madden Football and usually came away with the feeling that the threads were kinda dry, and spoke to me in an unrealistic lingo... As a dude who lives and dies by his sports teams, part of the fun of playing competitive sports was the lingo, the trash talking, in other words, the type of language that makes pre-game football shows and listening to my boyz like Keyshawn, Deion, Sapp, mix it up, the best entertainment on my flat tube (well, besides the Victoria Secret lingerie parade before the Super Bowl every year)

I figured, after all, this is a sports video game, that dudes who like hotties, drink brewski's, and who wish that they had a wife (Sofia Vergara) just like Jay Pritchett's, from the TV show, Modern Family, riding shotgun by their side....So where did the SMACK/Junior High immaturity go on these threads I wondered?

So I figured why don't I give developing an OS Madden Slider thread a try, but with the added twist of BRINGING some of the ballyard lingo to the blog....

And taaa-daaa, here I am....

Listen, when you get to be my age, sleep is a luxury. Sheeeeeoooot man, there are so many curve balls that get thrown your way daily, that if you can string together five or six hours of shut eye, man you are good .... Why do you think that Five Hour Energy has a market to sell their product?

Bottom line is that the thread is for all dudes just like me, who live ordinary lives, have ordinary problems, get the ordinary nagging from the ol' lady, and get the ordinary bullsh1t attitude from the sons and daughters... Yet when we finally sneak a chance to plop down and spark up our PS3 for a quickie on M13, we need it to be right, not ordinary, but right. This is the Holy Grail.

The Holy Grail is what keeps us from going "O.J." on life. It is what we look forward to every grueling, painful minute at work or school, to just make it through the day, so that we can lose ourselves playing Madden later on and forget about reality.

So I kind of self-anointed this thread to deliver us from evil and provide us salvation, as together, we all trek toward the Holy Grail for Madden, a trek that will take us to the closest thing to a SIM NFL football experience that the crappy A.I. logic from EA Sports will allow.

"Nuff said.... Punch in the sliders, spark up the PS3 and BRING IT!

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-24-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #738
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I guess I've been using the wrong slider set; I found it a couple of days ago and I think it was posted on the 21st. Spent the last few days reading up on all of the comments everyone's been posting and trying the older version, and thought I'd leave my own feedback. First thing is, you've improved my game experience a millionfold - I can't remember having this much playing Madden before. What I'm really excited about is that I'm actually LOSING games. More than that, the stats are far more reflective now of real life players; for example, Joe Flacco (I play as the Ravens) has been inconsistent in my game, just like in real life. Little more than halfway through the season, and Flacco has 17 TDs to 20 picks. I think the interception rate is a little high (for the life of me, I just can't put the ball over my receivers head on the flats) but I've seen him blow the crucial fourth quarter drive and was like, "That sucks, but it's REAL." To be fair, he also had an amazing late game drive, going 3/4 for 43 yards in under 30 seconds to set up a thing field goal. That's my point, really, is that there's drama now.
I haven't tried the newest new sliders yet; I'm gonna start a new franchise dedicated to them. These old ones were frsutrating at first, but I found that if you put it on Very Slow at 100 Thresh, they worked fantastic. The only issue I had was CPU rbs breaking an insane amount of tackles.
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. Keep up the good work, and I'll post some feedback on the new ones soon.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #739
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
Any suggestions on how to adjust the sliders for normal speed?

up the thresh? other sliders to look at?

Yup, got some thoughts on that... Personally, I do not like these sliders for NORMAL speed. It is fun, but not a true SIM experience. Running the ball, way too easy, and the CPU running game becomes unrealistically BEAST.

However, if you are "jones-ing" for NORMAL speed play, consider the following:

1) Set speed thresh to 65. At 50, or lower, for me personally, it seems that the game is playing on a hockey rink, and the players just seem to slide across the playing field.

2) You may need to futz with the CPU Run REACT slider. Consider moving it to 58.

3) You may need to futz with the CPU RUN BLK and dial it down to say.... 25?

4) You may need to futz with the CPU PASS RUSH and lower it to 33...

5) You may need to futz with the HUM PASS RUSH and lower it to 30 or maybe even 28.

6) If you still do not see sufficient "pocket time" for the CPU or HUM QB, then futz with the PASS BLK slider and move it up 5 units to 15....

I would not tinker more than this... If you do go in this direction, PLEASE report back so that I can have the necessary data to find out if the recommendations need more analysis and tweaking..

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #740
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
So I guess I've been using the wrong slider set; I found it a couple of days ago and I think it was posted on the 21st. Spent the last few days reading up on all of the comments everyone's been posting and trying the older version, and thought I'd leave my own feedback. First thing is, you've improved my game experience a millionfold - I can't remember having this much playing Madden before. What I'm really excited about is that I'm actually LOSING games. More than that, the stats are far more reflective now of real life players; for example, Joe Flacco (I play as the Ravens) has been inconsistent in my game, just like in real life. Little more than halfway through the season, and Flacco has 17 TDs to 20 picks. I think the interception rate is a little high (for the life of me, I just can't put the ball over my receivers head on the flats) but I've seen him blow the crucial fourth quarter drive and was like, "That sucks, but it's REAL." To be fair, he also had an amazing late game drive, going 3/4 for 43 yards in under 30 seconds to set up a thing field goal. That's my point, really, is that there's drama now.
I haven't tried the newest new sliders yet; I'm gonna start a new franchise dedicated to them. These old ones were frsutrating at first, but I found that if you put it on Very Slow at 100 Thresh, they worked fantastic. The only issue I had was CPU rbs breaking an insane amount of tackles.
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. Keep up the good work, and I'll post some feedback on the new ones soon.

Try the new drink I mixed, it is YUMMY. A lot, if not all of your concerns were addressed in the most recent slider set. And as I mention, if you want the absolute TRUEST SIM experience, follow the house rules to a "T"...

Out.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #741
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Yo Pimp, why no love one my Q about using the playbook change instead of Ask Madden, what up?

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #742
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdawg
If that's the case I would like to hear Wiz's reasoning behind going with Ask Madden over just changing the playbook?

Waddup dawg? This theory was certainly tested quite a bit this past weekend... The results were as follows:

By changing the playbook alone, but not adopting the Ask Madden feature, the CPU play calling did improve to some degree. And here is the rub.

As an example, if I am playing the Lions, I would like to know that those bums could pull a flea flicker on me because it is in their play arsenal. If I were to switch their playbook prior to the game to let's say, BALANCED, then that play, and other wrinkles exclusive to the Lions playbook are then gone. I prefer a SIM experience. I know that the playbooks are not accurate for every team, but many of them do have "wrinkle plays" that I would like to get challenged by.

Now, when you add the layer of Ask Madden, and do not choose a defensive audible, the game is playing as coded by EA. In other words, when you choose your own play, or audible a play, the A.I. reacts to youand then builds its strategy off the play you selected. When you use the Ask Madden feature, its as if the A.I. follows the schemes and play calling that is pre-programmed from EA. The data sheets tended to support this argument that I have just laid out.

Here is a re-post of my thoughts on this topic, that surely you probably did not read:

It would seem that my recommendation for ASK MADDEN seems to TRIGGER what that link you posted "discovered", but in a much more accurate and GAME CHANGING way ... Let me explain:

(1) For testing purposes, I shortened the quarters to 6 minutes, so that I can play a lot of games completely in a short period of time....

(2) Before I played an opponent, I jotted down the type of playbook that my CPU opponent has to choose from so that I could get a feel for ratios: run/pass, screens:regular passes, play action:regular passes, short:mediums:long passes (that are NOT play action or screens), outside runs:up the middle runs, draws:regular up the middle runs... Their are more ratios, I guess I can track, but these seemed to be enough

(3) I activated my ASK MADDEN only theory, choosing ONLY to be one defensive player, usually a interior d-lineman or a linebacker...No switching, of course

(4) I played the game...

Results were interesting.... I wouldn't say that the ratios were right on the button, but close enough to draw a hypothesis.

The hypothesis is that: There may be more than a casual relationship between using ASK MADDEN only and the run/pass ratio of plays that CPU AI logic uses AND the manner in which the CPU tends to use a hierarchy to decide what would be the ideal play for the CPU to choose in a particular situation...

As you know, I discussed the "hierarchy" in a previous post in this thread (Page 68, post #675 if you care to go back and read).

So, now I wanted to test the hypothesis. I did the same test, but this time instead of using ASK MADDEN exclusively, I called my own plays on defense, being passive, cover 2's, cover 3's and the like.... After playing a similar amount of games, the CPU play calling ratios WERE NOT in-line with the ratios seen in the ASK MADDEN exclusively mode... It's almost as if the line of programming "reacts" differently when you are not allowing the CPU AI logic to manage the play calling all together... Interesting indeed....

It would seem that those cats pimping the "playbook/double controller to change the playbook" switch-a-roo theory have come across a way to see better ratios by changing the playbook to let's say PASS HEAVY or BALANCED, to eliminate some of the unbalanced play calling that has been seen with too many runs being called, or to many passes being dialed up. The problem I see with that approach is that it doesn't get the job done completely, it simply IMPROVES the play calling balance.

Although I should test my hypothesis using an aggressive defensive play approach when calling my own plays, and also test GAMEFLOW, I will leave that up to younger peeps who have better cartilage than I do... With all the button jamming, and typing I have done, my finger joints are aching (boy is that something for you whipper snappers to look forward to!)

Bottom line my brudda, is that I humbly believe that the Holy Grail lies " 'neath ancient Roslin waits. The blade and chalice guarding o'er her gates. Adorned in masters' loving art, she lies. She rests at last beneath the starry skys." Robert Langdon (aka Tom Hanks) in the DaVinci Code

Translation: The two controller, playbook switch-a-roo only scratches the surface..... The TRUTH to M13's Holy Grail may lie in using the ASK MADDEN function EXCLUSIVELY and NOT SWITCHING THE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.... Doubt me? Run your own tests, I am certain you will be pleasantly surprised!

Bottom line: SCOREBOARD baby. If you follow my house rules to the "T", you will see stats, total scores, game play mix very much in-line with what you see on Sunday's on the tube. Will there be some "weird" games? Absolutely, after all this is Madden that we are talking about, right? But overall, the SIM EXPERIENCE with these sliders IS SECOND TO NONE, as many converters to the Gospel of Madden, have found out, and have been more than happy to post their personal testimonials to provide their blessing for this slider thread.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #743
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdawg
Yo Pimp, why no love one my Q about using the playbook change instead of Ask Madden, what up?
I got yo back, pimp... Peace

Old 10-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #744
Pro

*****REPOST FROM 10/23/2012*****

Just pimpin' the newest sliders for all newbies to the thread...

Merry "EA" -rly Xmas.... Don't say that Mr. Klaus gave you a piece of coal for Xmas this year... These babies are GEMS... Absolutely playing the best Madden games that I have ever played.... EVER!!!!

I definitely urge you to try them. I guarantee that you will not be dissapointed.

Without further ado, ladies, I present you the sliders that bring us to the precipice of the Holy Grail that we have all been chasing ever since EA gave us sliders...

If you follow the instructions TO THE "T", I promise you that this is the absolute BEST SIM experience you have yet to play on Madden in your entire life...

Are they perfect? No. But then again neither is the A.I. code for Madden. Are they addictive? Absolutely. I just may write off work for the rest of the month and just enjoy myself with these bad boyz....

Go at them, enjoy them, but like always, if you use them, ya gotta come back and post your comments, experiences, and box scores. You guys created these beasts thanks to your detailed feed back that you have provided this thread thus far, so don't stop now, BRING IT!!!!!

I am SOOOOO pumped up man....

BETA SLIDERS, POST-PATCH, V.5 (ABSOLUTELY TITS)

Skill Level: ALL-MADDEN

House rules:
(1) ASK MADDEN ONLY for both OFF & DEF play calling. This rule is a GAME CHANGER!!!!!!! However, you can switch to calling your own offensive plays at the 2 minute mark of each half. Defensive plays ARE ALWAYS called by ASK MADDEN or an audible, NO EXCEPTIONS.
(2) DO NOT USE the right analog stick when there is a run or pass play. In other words, do not use the right analog stick DOWN for a run play by the CPU as the play begins and vice versa, do not push UP with the right analog stick when there is a pass beginning to develop.
(3) On DEF, control ONLY one player, NO SWITCHING on run plays by the CPU. If the CPU call a pass play, you are allowed to switch, ONLY AFTER THE RECEIVER catches the ball (I control the FS, since my hand eye coordination is not that good to tackle as a LB).
(4) On OFFENSE, no hot routes.
(5) Consider having two controllers plugged in when you start your CCM game. Consider for your opponents playbook to switch it to BALANCED, or RUN HEAVY or PASS HEAVY, depending on the type of team you are playing if run / pass ratios have you tripping (I tend to leave it alone, because House Rule #1, addresses the play calling problem by the CPU, in my humble opinion).
(6) After starting your game, hit pause after the kickoff return is done and set your DEF audibles. Be smart on which ones you pick. Make sure you have at least a few that are balanced DEF calls. Make sure you have at least one for short yardage, long yardage, and a good defense against screens.
(7) Before you even start a CCM franchise, or before you re-start a pre-existing CCM franchise, set your OFFENSIVE audibles for your CCM franchise’s offense. Make sure you pick at least one screen, one draw, and two play actions for the two most common sets your offense runs (usually a one TE and two TE set), have one streak, and one zone flood pass.
(8) USE ONLY the right analog stick when attempting field goals, anything else, and you are a CHEESE.
(9) DO NOT SNAP THE BALL until there is less than 5 secs on the clock... This guarantees you a perfect range of plays between 130-145 plays.

Quarter Length: 15 min

Accelerated Clock: On and min. play clock set at 14 or 15 (I USE 14)

Auto Strafe:ON
Auto Sprint: ON

Play Calling: For Offensive and Defensive play calling, ASK MADDEN ONLY!!!!! Only exception is when you reach the 2 minute mark of each HALF!!

Injury: 45 still testing … (if ya don’t like it, you can set this at 35 and fatigue at 65)

Fatigue: 55

Speed: SLOW

Threshold: 50

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy 6/5
Pass Block 10/10
WR Catch 55/55

Broken Tackles 10/15
Run Block 5/35
Fumble 6 or 7 (I use 6) / 6

Pass reaction 5/5
Int 30/30
Pass Rush 40/40

Rush reaction 5/40
Block Shedding 5/5
Tackle 10/10

Special Teams

FG Power 54
FG Accuracy 44 (the way that I kick is that I just use the right stick in Kicking. I don't aim with the left stick.)
Punt Power 52
Punt Acc 72
Kickoff Power 47

Penalty

False start 75
Holding 52
Face Mask 54
Clipping 54
Roughing the passer 53

The rest are 99 (Please note, I have seen 4 defensive passing interference calls over the last 38 games I have played in the lab, so they do call it, occasionally)

Auto-Subs
(BROKEN, DO NOT SET, LEAVE AT DEFAULT)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »