Home

BrianU's Madden NFL 13 CCM Challenge Sliders!!

This is a discussion on BrianU's Madden NFL 13 CCM Challenge Sliders!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: BrianU's Madden NFL 13 CCM Challenge Sliders!!

Okay I do think it was the Game speed.

Here's where the struggle is now im on Game Speed Very Slow and running outside is harder for me but I have a feeling that the CPU RB isn't going to be as effective. Time to test my D again
Old 09-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I can't get over how much better the CPU offense plays with USER Pass Defense Reaction 50, Threshold 100 and Game speed Very Fast. Those are the three keys to my sliders and with any part missing it goes back to where the CPU runs for 1-2 yards every play and plays stupid. On Normal or below Game Speed by the time the CPU RB gets to the LOS he is already swarmed by my defense and picks up 1-2 yards each time.

On Very Fast they are a threat to bust open a big run on any play I just can't use another speed setting. I know it doesn't look right but as I said it forces you to know your stuff, know the routes of your receivers, see how the D is playing watching their safety's and making split second decisions. On TV it looks one way and while i've never played in the NFL I have a feeling things move much quicker than it looks. Don't forget all players move at Very Fast speed that means your receivers run down field quicker so it still is possible to throw deep..

I've gotten it to where the CPU offense plays very solid and USER running is difficult. Now I have to see how much I can scale it back before I get to the point where it begins super easy to run outside and gain 5-7 yards but I like the direction I am headed I will play a full game and post a box score later or tomorrow. These sliders are meant to offer something no one has been able to achieve through normal means I am sticking to my guns!

Edit: Going to give Game speed Fast a try. Updated OP with some changes but they won't be sticking so didn't make it official this is what I am using now but it will be changing rapidly these settings deliver solid CPU running, smart play calling and difficult USER running/passing as the goal is but needs refining I'm still testing just the CPU offense for the most part.

Edit: On back to back first downs Fred Jackson has two runs for 34 total yards while i'm in my base 3-4 defense. That would not happen without these settings! Fast Game Speed looking good not as vicious as Very Fast. Still worried about USER runs to the outside not sure if I can fix it may need to use a house rule for those not sure yet.

Edit 2: While Game Speed Fast/Very Fast and Speed Threshold 100 are the keys to unlocking the CPU running game I feel just as strongly that Difficulty on All-Pro and USER Pass Defense Reaction 50 are the keys to CPU Play calling. Moving up to All-Madden I don't see them being as unpredictable and creative, and not as many play actions, audibles or sending men in motion either. I was rolling with USER Pass Defense Reaction 53 for a little but I believe 50 is the sweet spot even 3 points higher and things play out different.

Edit 3: Ball on the 20ish yard line 1st and 10 for the Bills. Three WR and a TE out wide C.J. Spiller alone in the back field next to Fitzgerald im in a zone D anticipating pass he hands it to C.J. Spiller who runs to the left of the line for a 9 yard gain. All-Pro at its finest.

Last edited by BrianU; 09-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

You lost me at "Game Speed: Fast". Sorry...I guess I'm getting too old to be able to enjoy the game at that speed. Very Slow is more my speed.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I am close to really test the sliders in a full game and check out the full game stats. I am going with 15 Min quarters w/ 15 sec accel clock as well as rolling with All-Madden to see how it does. The biggest influence on the CPU play calling really seems to be USER Pass Defense Reaction.

USER rushing may be quite difficult and the CPU Block Shedding and CPU Tackle may need to come down. It's that high because I wanted to minimize the ability for the USER to exploit the outside run. I tried to compensate by putting USER Broken Tackles up to 50. Will see how this works for a few games I am not the best rushing and I will be using Shonn Greene so definitely if you are a good Madden rusher I'd like feedback on that.

Besides that the main thing I want to look good stat wise is a realisitc CPU completion percentage (60%-65% range) as well as amount of plays (120), Time of Possesion (30:00) and teams Passing Yards per game (230) + Attempts (34) and Rushing Yards per game (120) + Attempts (27). Teams should average around 22 Points per game give or take for some of the worse or better teams of course.

2012 Team Stats
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stats/
Old 09-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7
Your sliders are working great so far. Im sf vs gb and benson already has 70 yds in 1st qtr. Im playing on fast and CC online. I also notice when clicking L2 to commit to run/pass, that also seems to make AI run better. Could be just a coincidence or really something that boosts cpu running

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Your sliders are working great so far. Im sf vs gb and benson already has 70 yds in 1st qtr. Im playing on fast and CC online. I also notice when clicking L2 to commit to run/pass, that also seems to make AI run better. Could be just a coincidence or really something that boosts cpu running

Im telling you they put up great rushing numbers in all my tests. I dont use the L2 features so not sure about that.

I think I made the USER Rushing too difficult. I can't sustain a drive for the life of me. How is your teams rushing numbers thinking of fixing that now. These are very much a work in progress and being updated constantly. I started with All-Pro and am now on All-Madden. The fundamentals remain the same but other areas are open to tweaking. I will be working on USER Rushing for a bit.

Last edited by BrianU; 09-03-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7
User running numbers are typical for my team. I have a deep backfield though. I like sharing the wealth But im loving fast speed. I always preferred slow. Now normal would be the lowest i go. I think you got something with these. Just sometimes the cpu playcalling can be conservative. Would these sliders work on all madden?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
User running numbers are typical for my team. I have a deep backfield though. I like sharing the wealth But im loving fast speed. I always preferred slow. Now normal would be the lowest i go. I think you got something with these. Just sometimes the cpu playcalling can be conservative. Would these sliders work on all madden?

I found the CPU play calling to be excellent with these. I am playing on All-Madden but they work on All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »