Home

The perfect slider set....

This is a discussion on The perfect slider set.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
The perfect slider set....

Does it exist?

What I'm saying is, a slider set that lets elite defenses be elite. Elite offenses be elite....****ty teams be ****ty.

Maybe it's me, but I'm starting to tire of 34-28 games where each QB throws for 300 yards, has a 65-70% completion percentage, and the running game averages 4.6-5.0 per carry.

Example. I just played Seattle vs Arizona (CPU). The game itself felt right, but something was missing. John Skelton threw for 482 yards against Seattle, at a 74% completion percentage, but took 8 sacks. So a QB who's been on his back 8 times at least, was comfortable enough to complete nearly 3 out of every 4 passes?

Russell Wilson, as much as I love the guy is not a 72% passer (on 31 attempts), not with Seattle's WR's who are pedestrian at best.

Out of grins and chuckles, I did a test CCM with Cincy and the first game was against Baltimore. Using Charter's sliders, which I think is among the very best out there at this point, the Law Firm had 92 yards on 13 carries in the first half. Against BALTIMORE. Andy Dalton shredded Baltimore for 238 yards in the first half. I just shut it off frustrated.

There are far more 17-13, 20-14, 24-13, 17-6 type scores in the NFL than 34-28, 31-28, 38-34, 41-28.

Maybe I'm asking too much, but I want Philly to be virtually unstoppable (unless they turn the ball over). I want Pittsburgh, Houston, San Fran, Baltimore to be extremely hard to move the ball on. I want Baltimore, Pittsburgh and San Fran to be next to impossible to run on. I want Green Bay to pressure my QB to no end...but I want the Seahawks, Bucs, Colts, Bills, Dolphins, Jags, Browns to get blown out of the water when they play good teams.

Maybe the only way to get those results is to dumb down the human, but then you have guys pulling and they just watch the guy they are blocking run by them. Maybe you have to jack up the CPU, but then you have the insta-swim/shed block move that is unstoppable, but not realistic.

It's midnight, and perhaps I'm just tired. I know what I am looking for, dunno if I'll find it, but I hope...because this game can be absolutely amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The perfect slider set....

You just gotta keep trying man. Even if it takes hours, days, or months..
Learn what people are finding on these forums and add it to your slider testing. I love watching cpu vs cpu games when I play offline because it's like watching a real game. But, I do get frustrated like you and turn off my game as well. Not as much for the stats but for the gameplay as well. I hope one day Me or someone else can find the perfect slider set to reach the full potential of the game.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaycandybacon
Learn what people are finding on these forums and add it to your slider testing. I love watching cpu vs cpu games when I play offline because it's like watching a real game. But, I do get frustrated like you and turn off my game as well. Not as much for the stats but for the gameplay as well. I hope one day Me or someone else can find the perfect slider set to reach the full potential of the game.
Yeah, I know.

When playing games, I see teams well over 400 yards in a game. That almost never happens when both are over 400.

Here are the NFL averages (per game) from 2011:

Passing: 20.4/34.0 229.7 1.5 TD 1.0 INT
Rushing: 27.3-117.1 0.8 TD
Total: 346.8 yards per game (avg), 2.3 TD/game (avg)
FG: 1.6 FG/game

Scoring: 22.2 pts per game

Avg Plays against a defense: 63.6
First Downs: 19.6/game
Avg Rushing/carry: 4.3
rushing First downs/game: 6.0
1st downs by penalty/game: 1.7
Yards per pass/average: 7.2
yards per completion/average: 12.0
AVg QB Rating: 82.5
Sacks per game/avg: 2.3

New Orleans led the league in offensive plays per game at 69.8.
Indianapolis was last at 59.4 plays per game.

Arizona was last in defensive plays per game at 68.4, San Diego had the fewest defensive plays per game at 59.875

Last edited by pdiehm; 09-19-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
Yeah, I know.

When playing games, I see teams well over 400 yards in a game. That almost never happens when both are over 400.

Here are the NFL averages (per game) from 2011:

Passing: 20.4/34.0 229.7 1.5 TD 1.0 INT
Rushing: 27.3-117.1 0.8 TD
Total: 346.8 yards per game (avg), 2.3 TD/game (avg)
FG: 1.6 FG/game

Scoring: 22.2 pts per game

Avg Plays against a defense: 63.6
First Downs: 19.6/game
Avg Rushing/carry: 4.3
rushing First downs/game: 6.0
1st downs by penalty/game: 1.7
Yards per pass/average: 7.2
yards per completion/average: 12.0
AVg QB Rating: 82.5
Sacks per game/avg: 2.3

New Orleans led the league in offensive plays per game at 69.8.
Indianapolis was last at 59.4 plays per game.

Arizona was last in defensive plays per game at 68.4, San Diego had the fewest defensive plays per game at 59.875
Man I'd love to get those stats to on a weekly basis.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

My suggestion is find a set you like & try playing on very slow. Big plays are hard to come by without actually making moves or having a blown coverage and most games are close.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I definitely disagree with vanillasoda. 15 min QTR with a good runoff, like 12 seconds or 13 seconds, gets you right around 110-120 plays per game and can be played in under 45 minutes.

The problem still exists though. I said this in another thread awhile ago. I have a set going that is challenging, pretty realistic, and a lot of fun for me, but the one thing I can't figure out is how to get more punts from both sides. Do I just take all the sliders and lower them equally on both sides to make things less effective but equally as balanced?

Its a really tough line to walk. I for one have no problem tipping the scale toward challenge instead of realism, for me personally I just cant go 16-0 every year or else I wont be playing this in a month. That being said, I'm just gonna keep plugging away. In three completed seasons of single player online CCM, I have gone 8-8, 9-7, and 12-4, this is with the Chargers. The end of the season stats are great. I am still not satisfied though and will continue checking the threads every day for more input from the gurus and testing out all the theories.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 09-19-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaycandybacon

First of all I'm very appreciative of the Madden Gamers/gurus that try to figure out slider settings for us to be able to play a realistic game of football. However, when I think about the first sentence of your response, it reminds me of noticing something that is very disheartening. What I see year after year in this forum is, gurus still tweaking sliders a month before the new Madden comes out. It's f---ing ridiculous, and that's where we are headed again with Madden 13. Next August the gurus will still be adjusting sliders.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Big plays are hard to come by without actually making moves or having a blown coverage and most games are close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »