Home

Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest

This is a discussion on Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest

This is a good idea, as the more people we have digging into sliders the better and easier it is for all of us to create the kind of game we want as individuals.

One aspect to keep in mind, is not only how the slider works, but how it relates to the other sliders as well. Ex, pass rush versus pass block. We need to look at the individual parts as well as the whole.

I think some kind of base of gameplay needs to be established first, so a good starting point might be how the different levels effect game play with a default set.

Like someone else said, video examples are always a good thing.

Finally, there needs to be a system for testing, that would be the same for everyone. Do you only choose two teams to test? Are you testing in CC or play now? etc, etc...

One more thing, lol. There needs to be consideration in how a person choose to play, and also what effect does certain aspects of the controller have on the game? i.e. auto run vs manual, hit stick, swim moves, etc.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

I'd really like to help, so let me know what you would like me to do.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
This is a good idea, as the more people we have digging into sliders the better and easier it is for all of us to create the kind of game we want as individuals.

One aspect to keep in mind, is not only how the slider works, but how it relates to the other sliders as well. Ex, pass rush versus pass block. We need to look at the individual parts as well as the whole.

I think some kind of base of gameplay needs to be established first, so a good starting point might be how the different levels effect game play with a default set.

Like someone else said, video examples are always a good thing.

Finally, there needs to be a system for testing, that would be the same for everyone. Do you only choose two teams to test? Are you testing in CC or play now? etc, etc...

One more thing, lol. There needs to be consideration in how a person choose to play, and also what effect does certain aspects of the controller have on the game? i.e. auto run vs manual, hit stick, swim moves, etc.
Do you want to be on the board or just act as a representative? With head-tracking like that, we've got work for you here

Drog, everything you said is on tap with what the board will be responsible for. If you're interested in joining, let me know. We've got three on board so far, four including myself.

That part about knowing the parts of the whole is actually the meatiest part of the project. We could use teamwork there.

All the advice you volleyed, man, it's exactly the kind of work to be done.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
I'd really like to help, so let me know what you would like me to do.
Carl, I've sent you a PM with office space info plus additional info.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

how is the collaboration going guys?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Things are good. We've made a big discovery in the skill set sliders and have some plans to push video samples. Don't expect any complete material though until mid October.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #23
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Things are good. We've made a big discovery in the skill set sliders and have some plans to push video samples. Don't expect any complete material though until mid October.
still going strong?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 10-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

The rule of thirds is in effect. 1/3 of the team is doing the majority of the work. Fortunately, for me, that 1/3 is me.

The communication has been totally broken. In the last couple weeks, I have not received a single tracking update. Until recently someone announced they had returned the game and would no longer be on board..

There were some good contributions made though.. Im going to be getting into the penalty settings next week and then finishing up with the game options like speed. It's a good pace considering the patch update that will be available come Oct16.

I didn't think I could do it solo. I've had to condense my findings and will maybe do different types of roll-outs in the future so that all the data can get out.

If anyone is interested in making a contribution, come on through!

A group of slider guru's may be able to launch introductory x's and o's guides in the future. That would be ideal. That was the vision of my plan: to have some guru's on board or at least a group of people who could be molded into guru's beginning with learning how the slider sets work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »