Home

All-Madden(default)/Patch-3/Realism

This is a discussion on All-Madden(default)/Patch-3/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #65
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All-Madden(default)/Patch-3/Realism

Dfos, i'm still having great games with these. Why people not getting into these is beyond me. I think changing the playbooks kind of turned them off, but it's night and day difference in gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #66
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Dfos, i'm still having great games with these. Why people not getting into these is beyond me. I think changing the playbooks kind of turned them off, but it's night and day difference in gameplay.
I think its safe to say, w/o the improved play call logic(by changing CPUs PBs), I would've quit playing by now.

So Yes! This and the Patch 3 updates to All-Madden(Custom now), really has saved M13 for me.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #67
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Going to go ahead and give these a shot right now.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 1

i was looking for pass balanced in the playbook schemes and didn't see it, is it called something else?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #69
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
i was looking for pass balanced in the playbook schemes and didn't see it, is it called something else?
Its not in schemes.
Before you start the game, its when using 2nd controller, go over to the cpu team, press x or a, and go to advance settings, scroll through team playbook until you find the generic playbooks(ie. run bal, balanced, pass bal, etc).
Old 11-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #70
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Hey dfos, I was wondering, how do you play on defense? I've tried everything. I usually just adjust my line and LBs, then I would select a safety and let the cpu control him. I find that the cpu lbs do get a decent amount of tackles but it varies. I tried doing the same thing as a tackle or LB and get other types of results.

What I did find out is that the cpu ai on the offense will react very differently if you do a run/pass commit preplay.

You said on my thread about the tackles that you get decent amount of tackles so just wondering how you play on defense.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #71
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm playing on all madden no sliders. I'm using the browns and my week one matchup is the eagles. Will post results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #72
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Hey dfos, I was wondering, how do you play on defense? I've tried everything. I usually just adjust my line and LBs, then I would select a safety and let the cpu control him. I find that the cpu lbs do get a decent amount of tackles but it varies. I tried doing the same thing as a tackle or LB and get other types of results.

What I did find out is that the cpu ai on the offense will react very differently if you do a run/pass commit preplay.

You said on my thread about the tackles that you get decent amount of tackles so just wondering how you play on defense.

I use the FS most of the time and switch to the closest player and usually get user tackles. I also shift my D-Line and LBs according to the strong side of the offense. I've been using defensive hot routes to get my OLBs more involved in the pass rush too(straight down to blitz/pass rush).

Another tip that may help your LBs get more involved is to use the FS to help support on run plays(moving him in the box, usually over the TE/strong side), and use strafe to shadow the HB, and usually that will help free up my LBs, and also seems to allow the LBs to shed blocks faster. Almost like the CPU is more focused on getting a block on me.
Oh yeah, I also use the Pass commit when they pass, and that seems to help get my players in better position to make tackles. I never use the run commit though(instead I will bring 8 in the box, sometimes 9 to stop the run).
Hope that helps!

Last edited by D_Fos; 11-07-2012 at 01:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »