Home

Madden Wiki for Sliders and other topics

This is a discussion on Madden Wiki for Sliders and other topics within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden Wiki for Sliders and other topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
I'm not really worried about penalties. With 10 second cutoff, I see 2-3 Delay of Games a week. Even with Holding at 22, I'll see a holding call or two.

But it's just the CPU. Like my running game is fine, but they always have these big holes.
Yeah, that's why I ultimately "turned them off" for my base set because, like you, I wasn't getting many penalties.

And I've read the CPU got "boosted" in the run game with one of those patches so, that's probably what we're seeing.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I think I see the biggest differences when I change holding. So higher offsides = less agressive? Lower offsides = more aggressive? I'm trying to think of it like "they are not afraid to go offsides so they get a better jump"? Same thing for False start?
I think higher Offsides creates more aggression (more likely to try 'getting a jump' and sometimes being offside).

Just like with False Start - it seems to be "more likely to try to get a head start, so sometimes they go offsides".

Holding - same way, they are more likely to make "risky" blocks and sometimes create holding in the process.

These three seems different than the 'less scared to' thinking we use on the others, probably because how the game has to generate an 'offside event' or 'holding event' in order for the call to MAYBE occur.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 2

This thread has taught me so much. I have a question though. I'm playing an all pro CC with Seattle and tried it using the sliders listed in the OP almost identically. I enjoyed it, but found that my LB's couldn't really tackle anybody. I tried turning up the tackle slider, and the BKT with it, hoping it would make it so ratings still mattered, and my fumbles skyrocketed. (13 over two games...and i cover the ball). I'm wondering if anybody out there can explain how the fumble slider works, and how it relates to the TAK/BKT slider. It's so strange how these are all intertwined. I'm also wondering exactly how the QBA slider affects everything else. I'd love to read up on that, but can't seem to find anything. Thanks a ton, i'm new to the community and it's been a terrific resource.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #100
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder003
This thread has taught me so much. I have a question though. I'm playing an all pro CC with Seattle and tried it using the sliders listed in the OP almost identically. I enjoyed it, but found that my LB's couldn't really tackle anybody. I tried turning up the tackle slider, and the BKT with it, hoping it would make it so ratings still mattered, and my fumbles skyrocketed. (13 over two games...and i cover the ball). I'm wondering if anybody out there can explain how the fumble slider works, and how it relates to the TAK/BKT slider. It's so strange how these are all intertwined. I'm also wondering exactly how the QBA slider affects everything else. I'd love to read up on that, but can't seem to find anything. Thanks a ton, i'm new to the community and it's been a terrific resource.
You have to turn up the fumble slider with the tackle slider. The higher it is the less likely a fumble. Not only that but I believe that fumble effects the ball carrier vision and the aggressiveness that they run with the ball. Put it on 100 for CPU and leave everything else the same and look how the RBs run differently. They run like they aren't thinking about fumbling. I also think it effects balance. I have it 100 for my RB as well and it allows to run by the blockers a lot better, I can still hit them and not get stopped or fall down as long as I just graze them. I feel like I have more control over the RB. RBs also fight forward more when tackled. I also play with Tackle on 100 because I read it effects how they decide to tackle. On 100 the players attempt to tackle properly and are not always just trying to run into the runner as hard as they can. They do all kinds of different wrap up tackles now. Love it.

If you read this thread you can see some good discussion

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=578899

also I'm working on a set if you want to try it on the last page of this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=599214

or just read through anyones sliders thread and there is a lot of discussion.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #101
Just started!

OVR: 0

WhosNext00 - These are definitely the best sliders that I have played with.

I did change the threshold to 55, though. To test this, what I did was turn off automatic sprint, went into practice mode and ran Chris Johnson in the 40 using manual sprint. Using slow mode I got anywhere between 4.43 and 4.44. So to me that seemed about right with pads (+.19 to +.2) compared to his combine 4.24. I messed around with threshold sliders and found that he is not affected by it (he still ran the same time). So I then took one of the slowest skill players in Tom Brady and ran him in the 40 and I was aiming for him to run a 5.48 (+.2 more than his 5.28 at the combine). I got him to run consistent 5.49's. I accomplished this by using a 55 threshold in slow mode.

Things to consider would be how pad weight affects Tom Brady compared to Chris Johnson. This is the best I could do though.

Thanks again for the sliders. I love the new animations I'm getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »