Home

Madden Wiki for Sliders and other topics

This is a discussion on Madden Wiki for Sliders and other topics within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden Wiki for Sliders and other topics

I only see one value for each slider. Are they equal for HUM and CPU or does the CPU stay at default All Pro?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #58
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
I took your wiki in consideration when creating these. I really wanted a ratings based game with a balanced time of possession to keep it close to the end.*

Not going to make it all fancy since I'm on mobile and doubt a lot of people would read this and try them.*

Only play using "Ask Madden" for both Offense & Defense. I personally use generic or legend playbooks; limit yourself on audibles to make it realistic. Unless your QB is Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. you shouldn't be calling audibles or changing routes.*

No hot routes unless using smart route to get your receiver to the first down marker on 3rd down.*

If you want the realism of 15 minute quarters, you can do that with Very Slow game speed and 14 second cut off. Though on Very Slow, the CPU run game isn't as effective; though Slow game speed gives you 70+ plays which I find unrealistic.*

All Madden
Slow Game Speed
10 Minute Quarters
No Accelerated Clock
43 Injury*
55 Fatigue*
35 Speed Threshold
Coach Mode Optional

Human/CPU
QB Accuracy - 7/10
Pass Block - 0/0
WR Catch - 55/60

Break Tackle - 15/15
Run Block - 0/0
Fumble - 10/10

Pass Reaction Time - 0/0
Interception - 25/25
Pass Rush - 0/0

Run Reaction Time - 0/0
Block Shed - 0/0
Tackle - 0/0

Kick Power - 45(46)
Kick Accuracy - 47
Punt Power - 45
Punt Accuracy - 47
Kickoff Power - 47

Offsides - 100
False Start - 55
Holding - 55
Face Mask - 55
DPI - 99
OPI - 50
KR/PR Interference - 50
Clipping - 33
INT Grounding - 50
Roughing Passer - 54
Roughing Kicker - 50

Auto-Subs Out/In
QB - 0/1
HB - 83/87
WR - 20/40
FB&TE - 20/40
OL - 20/40

DT - 50/60
DE - 60/70
LB - 40/60
CB - 40/60
S - 40/60

The auto-subs makes you use your time outs. If not, you will be playing with backups on long drives which could cost you the game. Don't be scared to burn all 3 timeouts in the first half.*

Most of these are 0 to give the game a ratings based game. You should see a difference in playing each team. My only goal in these were to eliminate 3 and outs for the CPU so the game is more balanced and challenging until the end without them going down the field in 3-4 plays either inflating stats. You should get/give up 300-400 yards a game; sometimes less, sometimes more. I played 5 games adjusting these so they're not perfect.*

Hoping these could become a good base set for people to edit to their own play style.*
Haven't seen this till just now but thank you, thank you. Been trying other sliders but they've been more toward adjusting the CPU to make things easier/harder instead of letting the ratings play out and it takes away from the organic feel. Thanks for putting in this work.

Love the feel so far. The breaking of arm tackles that don't lead to too many extra yards but make it feel like I'm in control of the RB. Other sliders were you just got what the defense gave and tackles were glue or too far the other way. Had a 16 yard run where I broke 3 tackles. Other sliders 3 broken tackles is definitely a touchdown.

Never seen the CPU QB scramble this much. Playing Falcons/Seahawks and whenever I ran cover 2 man under and had the receivers locked up sure enough he punished me by tucking. The few times I remember to call spy plays they were effective. Playcalling matters and the CPU actually took advantage of it. To go along with the playcalling, CPU rush attempts so far: Lynch 12, Turbin 10, Wilson 5, Washington 3, Baldwin 2 (they ran the motion to backfield sweep twice). Wilson is 17/24 and Miller is the leading receiver with 5, Rice has 4, Tate 2, FB 2, 1 for the other RBs. Lots of variation for the CPU, they were actually pass happy in the first qtr.

Just loving the feel and Im guessing a lot of it has to do with this being the first set I've used with a lot of the 0 rules. I'm definitely a firm believer in them now. Had to stop in the middle of my game to type this, preciate it.

Anyone looking for a new FEEL that have been using some other OS sets try these or the OPs great tips and make your own but I'm way too lazy for that
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #59
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Haven't seen this till just now but thank you, thank you. Been trying other sliders but they've been more toward adjusting the CPU to make things easier/harder instead of letting the ratings play out and it takes away from the organic feel. Thanks for putting in this work.

Love the feel so far. The breaking of arm tackles that don't lead to too many extra yards but make it feel like I'm in control of the RB. Other sliders were you just got what the defense gave and tackles were glue or too far the other way. Had a 16 yard run where I broke 3 tackles. Other sliders 3 broken tackles is definitely a touchdown.

Never seen the CPU QB scramble this much. Playing Falcons/Seahawks and whenever I ran cover 2 man under and had the receivers locked up sure enough he punished me by tucking. The few times I remember to call spy plays they were effective. Playcalling matters and the CPU actually took advantage of it. To go along with the playcalling, CPU rush attempts so far: Lynch 12, Turbin 10, Wilson 5, Washington 3, Baldwin 2 (they ran the motion to backfield sweep twice). Wilson is 17/24 and Miller is the leading receiver with 5, Rice has 4, Tate 2, FB 2, 1 for the other RBs. Lots of variation for the CPU, they were actually pass happy in the first qtr.

Just loving the feel and Im guessing a lot of it has to do with this being the first set I've used with a lot of the 0 rules. I'm definitely a firm believer in them now. Had to stop in the middle of my game to type this, preciate it.

Anyone looking for a new FEEL that have been using some other OS sets try these or the OPs great tips and make your own but I'm way too lazy for that
I haven't played those in forever. Haha. But looking over them, nothing has really changed except penalties and I play on Very Slow 15 Minutes now. I've since built a new set for 35 tackle.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #60
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
I haven't played those in forever. Haha. But looking over them, nothing has really changed except penalties and I play on Very Slow 15 Minutes now. I've since built a new set for 35 tackle.
I figured since that post was from way back in November. Mind sharing the penalty changes? I noticed they have quite a bit of effect on play interactions.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #61
Banned

Drtro's Arena

Quote:
I figured since that post was from way back in November. Mind sharing the penalty changes? I noticed they have quite a bit of effect on play interactions.
Just a few changes.

Offsides - 100
False Start - 52
Holding - 54
Face Mask - 55
DPI - 99
OPI - 50
KR/PR Interference - 50
Clipping - 33
INT Grounding - 0
Roughing Passer - 54
Roughing Kicker - 25
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #62
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Just a few changes.

Offsides - 100
False Start - 52
Holding - 54
Face Mask - 55
DPI - 99
OPI - 50
KR/PR Interference - 50
Clipping - 33
INT Grounding - 0
Roughing Passer - 54
Roughing Kicker - 25
Thanks. What difference is there in the 35 Tackle set vs the 0 tackle one?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #63
Banned

Drtro's Arena

Quote:
Thanks. What difference is there in the 35 Tackle set vs the 0 tackle one?
Auto-Subs are still the same.

All-Madden Difficulty*
15 Minute Quarters
14 Second Cutoff*
Very Slow Game Speed
30 Speed Threshold
40 Injury
55 Fatigue

QB/CPU

QB Accuracy - 7/40
Pass Block - 0/0
WR Catch - 50/60

Break Tackle - 20/25
Run Block - 20/45
Fumble - 20/20

Pass Reaction - 10/5
Interception - 22/22
Pass Rush - 0/0

Run Reaction - 0/0
Block Shed -25/25
Tackle - 35/35

Field Goal Power - 46
Field Goal Accuracy - 48
Punt Power - 45
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power - 48
Old 01-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #64
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Auto-Subs are still the same.

All-Madden Difficulty*
15 Minute Quarters
14 Second Cutoff*
Very Slow Game Speed
30 Speed Threshold
40 Injury
55 Fatigue

QB/CPU

QB Accuracy - 7/40
Pass Block - 0/0
WR Catch - 50/60

Break Tackle - 20/25
Run Block - 20/45
Fumble - 20/20

Pass Reaction - 10/5
Interception - 22/22
Pass Rush - 0/0

Run Reaction - 0/0
Block Shed -25/25
Tackle - 35/35

Field Goal Power - 46
Field Goal Accuracy - 48
Punt Power - 45
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power - 48
Great set.

Took the Texans on the road the face the Patriots and lost by 7, after giving up a late TD with just under 3 minutes to Brady and throwing an INT in the endzone after driving back to try and tie it up. Lost 31-24. Had to switch it to slow, couldnt take the very slow. Let everything else the same.

The game winning play was Brady being Brady, I was controlling Watt trying to get pressure and beat the tackle (which wasnt easy, tried it a few times earlier in the game and got pancaked twice in a row and stopped lol.) but the back came in and made the block just as Brady shifted to the left in the pocket. That gave him an extra 2-3 seconds and he launched it 50 yards to Welker who was streaking open because of all the time Brady was in the pocket the secondary was a mess. Tried to recover with a DB but was just late and Welker catches it at the 1. They score on the next play.

First time I seen the CPU use Brady so well throughout many situations. Not many dumb throws like other sliders but his completion % couldve been higher but thats because of my D. They were running pretty successfully because I was thinking pass defense first most of the time. But when Brady got his chances and the defense slipped up he cashed in.

Lots of up and down plays. Back and forth drives. 3 and outs and big plays. I feel like I could have played better and made the difference and it when I messed up was when the CPU took advantage. Have to get use to tackling with these sliders but thats understandable.

Schaub 27/38 291 1TD 1INT Long29

Brady 13/23 287 1TD Long77

Foster 32 166 5.1 2TD 1BTk 2 20+runs 32yardsafterhit

Was pounding with Foster early and the game and couldnt get much but it was just effective enough to keep my offense going. On my 4th qtr drives he turned it up and broke some bigger runs for me. I'd say 70 yards came in 4th.

Ridley 32 123 5.3 2TD 4BTK 42yardsafter hit BUT 0 20+yard runs
Woodhead 4 for 6 1TD and Lloyd had a reverse for 28 yards.

CPU ran well but couldnt break a big one against my D. A couple of times the RB smashed up behind blockers and i just couldnt seem to get the defender to tackle but i didnt want to dive or hit stick. The RB broke up to the side for a bigger gain but as you can see nothing huge. LOVE that.

Johnson had 12 catches for 169 and a TD. He as my bread and butter. Foster had 6 catches for 54 and daniels 5 for 37. Welker 5 for 172, Gronk 3 for 14, Slater 2 for 66. And a handful for other players got 1 catch, impact catches though: 14, 11, 8, 20 yards.

Last note (most of this is so i can look back later lol) is on 3rd down I was 10-16 and they were 6-12. Sounds just about perfect to me. The crucial plays I made let to me having the advatage in hards and a couple of longer drives but the CPU was still consistent and Brady converted. had the advantage in TOP 36 to 23.

I had this game and let it slip on big plays but thats what happens against the Patriots. I also feel like if I brought a lesser team in I would have little chance of keeping up.

Thanks again man!

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-08-2013 at 03:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »