Home

KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders

Late to the game this year so this might be a waste of time since everyone probably has their sliders at this point in the year.

That said, I figure I'd throw it out there to just add to the pile.

Right now, I'm only semi-confident in my All-Madden sliders as I've been playing them the most. You can see the game results if you follow my Oakland Raiders CC (link in my signature).

For now, the User and CPU sliders are just about the same. Time will tell if this remains. Also, fair warning, I'm not an elite stick skills player. I'm one step up from coach mode, really LOL. So if you're hoping for a super challenge, you probably want to look elsewhere. I'm not at your level, and my sliders will likely disappoint.

My playstyle is no-switch on defense. I usually play on the DL since pass rushing on All-Madden can be tough and it helps me sorta kinda slow down the CPU run game if I can read the play and shed in the right direction. I also get to open gaps for blitzing LBs and what not and try to occupy multiple blockers.

I also want to see how my LBs and DBs play without my interference.

I also use only the R stick when kicking FGs and punts.

Here's the sliders:

General:
Mode: Created Head Coach CC
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Accel Clock: 10 seconds (or 14 seconds if you want a little more time at the line)

Game Speed: Any

Threshold: 75

Fatigue: 35 (auto-subs do not seem to matter, so this is so that WR/LBs/DBs/OL don't sub, but still do show some differences in Stamina - players WILL still tire on long drives/lots of plays/later in game)

Injuries: 75 (...may seem high, but take a look at an NFL injury report. Most are not pretty. Most I've had out at once with these is seven and most IR is 4)

BTW: If you want injuries to your QB, fill in your whole QB depth chart. I only had 2 QBs on roster, but punter filled in for 3rd QB and lost Pryor for 5 weeks.

I moved the penalty sliders to each set because of their impacts on gameplay and I'm experimenting with them with individual sets and CCs to keep things organized for me.

Right now, special teams is the same across all sets.

Special Teams
Updated (1/5/2013)

FG Power 55
FG Acc 45
Punt Power 55
Punt Acc 32
Kickoff Power 44

Use the R-stick method for greater challenge. Even then, I'm around 90% with Janikowski.

My goal for any of these sets is to create hard-hitting, aggressive play that still accounts for skill set, traits, and flow of the game. Ideally, the scores will be "low" by Madden standards, but in-line with the sorts of scores and production you see in the real game.

All-Madden version 1 (75 or less)
(Updated 12/16/12)

User CPU
13 13
0 0
50 50

0 0
23 23
23 23

15 15
20 20
20 25

5 5
15 15
55 55

Penalties (they do seem to impact gameplay - see related thread)
Offsides: 50 (too hard to balance run game for me at 100...plus I got tired of the "jumping")
False Start: 55
Holding: 54 (at 55, it can become a flag fest with way too many holding calls)
Face Mask: 55
DPI: 5 (allows from more battling downfield and willingness to make plays from both sides)
OPI: 5
Punt Catch Interference: 25
Clipping: 33
Int. Grounding: 5
Roughing Passer: 54
Roughing Kicker: 25

All-Madden Version 2 (75 or less)
(Non-Bracketed Updated: 2/16/13 - Final)
(Bracketed Updated: 7/11/13)
[Oakland CCM]

Overtime and close games love me it seems...The posted updates generated these games:
Won on last second FG 25-24
Defense held on for 27-24 Win
CPU Kicker has bad day - changed momentum in 26-16 Win

The bracketed numbers are the ones in flux a bit as they represent the CCM as it stands now, accounting for the increased rate of CPU player development after the change to "Every Four Weeks" development and changes in overall player landscape with the youngsters reaching their primes now and some NFL greats moving on.

That doesn't mean the non-bracketed numbers are "old" or useless. They are the most tested and proven. As you can see - I have no plans to update them.

[Numbers in brackets represent settings another option to get similar game play, depending on how you want your penalties.]

User CPU
18 [10]
23 [10]
0 [2]
45 [2]
50 [55]
50 [55]

0 [0]
0 [0]
25 [34]
34 [36]
23 [23]
23 [23]

25 [30]
25 [30]
20 [15]
20 [15]
20 [0]
25 [0]

20 [20]
20 [20]
10 [0]
10 [0]
45 [55]
45 [55]

Penalties
Offsides 50 [50]
False Start 85 [25]
Holding 54 [53]
Face Mask 60 [60]
DPI 0 [0]
OPI 25 [50]
Punt Catch Interference 0 [100]
Clipping 0 [0]
Int. Grounding 75 [50]
Rough Passer 54 [41]
Rough Kicker 0 [0]

Special Teams
FG Power55 [55]
FG Acc47 [47]
Punt Power43 [55]
Punt Acc45 [45]
Kickoff Power44 [44]

Game SpeedNormal+ [Fast]

Injuries75 [75]

Fatigue35 [35]

Spd Thresh75 [25]

All-Madden Block Shedding Version (75 or less)
(Updated: 1/1/13)
(Some good results in Coach Mode so far - use CPU for both sides if using for Coach Mode)

These have produced some good games as well. Difference here is that Tackling and Fumbling sliders are lowered significantly with Block Shedding up significantly. This creates higher chances for some broken tackles, especially vs DBs and some DL who aren't great at tackling, but still leave the fumble chance in, especially vs higher POW if they can square up on you. Minimize contact like a real HB (give them a shoulder to hit, angle your body/ball away from the hit, etc, and protect the ball at all times in/near traffic. Keep your ball carrier's Covers the Ball trait in mind as well, and AWR seems to govern when they realize they need to brace instead of fighting for yards.

User CPU
13 38
0 35
50 50

0 0

10 15

5 5
35 35

Penalties
Offsides 50
False Start 25
Holding 25
Face Mask 25
DPI 25
OPI 50
Punt Catch Interference 0
Clipping 0
Int. Grounding 0
Rough Passer 25
Rough Kicker 0

Penalties are set with the emphasis on game play effects first and foremost. No, you probably won't get a realistic number of penalties called, but hopefully, the game play will be solid and respect/challenge player ratings more.

"All-Pro" v2
(Updated: 1/28/13)
[Ravens CCM]

User CPU
QB Accuracy 18 25
Pass Blocking 2 2
WR Catching 75 75

Break Tackles 0 0
Run Blocking 35 49
Fumbles 40 52

Pass Reaction 30 30
Interceptions 15 15
Pass Rushing 0 0

Run Reaction 25 30
Block Shedding 0 0
Tackling 50 50

Slider Total 290 328

Special Teams

FG Power 55
FG Acc 47
Punt Power 45
Punt Acc 45
Kickoff Power 44

Game Speed Normal+
Injuries 75
Fatigue 35
Spd Thresh 100

Penalties

Offsides 0
False Start 85
Holding 54
Face Mask 60
DPI 100
OPI 75
Clipping 0
Int. Grounding 0
Rough Passer 41
Rough Kicker 0

"All-Pro" v1
(Updated: 1/5/13)

They are called "All-Pro" because of the point total going beyond 295, the cut off last year. However, keep your CCM difficulty on All-Madden.

These are still a work in progress, but getting better. Defense may still be a touch too strong, especially versus the run, but the game was still entertaining and tense. Felt like a real Ravens game when the offense goes in la la land. Ray Lewis had 14 tackles. Kindle had 10. Won 17-16 on a good catch by Torrey Smith and defense held on.

Still aiming for penalty calls, as well as keeping their impact on game play in mind. Doing this for All-Pro because I have more points to play with.

Green - raised from last update, Red - lowered from last update

13 65
0 45
50 50

0 0
30 30

25 25
15 15
75 85

35 35
15 15
55 55

Penalties (they do seem to impact gameplay - see related thread)
Offsides: 50
False Start: 75 (no change, yet, but might up it and make myself "hut" twice before snapping)
Holding: 58 (you'll get calls - and generally were annoying, but didn't feel overbearing)
Face Mask: 58 (was seeing these a bit much, but might use this to simulate all personal fouls, like helmet-to-helmet/blow to the head, horsecollar, etc)
DPI: 25
OPI: 50
Punt Catch Interference: 100
Clipping: 0
Int. Grounding: 0
Roughing Passer: 54 (pass rush increased to make up for this being at 54, as it slows down rush aggression)
Roughing Kicker: 0

Normal+ Game Speed Sliders
(Updated: 1/24/13)
[Bucs CCM]

I will likely continue my Bucs CCM and possibly/probably my test Redskins CCM (not sure I have time for four CCMs, though) under these sliders. For those who want to stay within one of the other 'All-Madden' thresholds, these will stay at or under 295.

User CPU
QB Accuracy 18 25
Pass Blocking 2 2
WR Catching 60 60

Break Tackles 0 0
Run Blocking 40 49
Fumbles 27 27

Pass Reaction 30 30
Interceptions 15 15
Pass Rushing 0 0

Run Reaction 30 30
Block Shedding 0 0
Tackling 55 55

Slider Total 277 293

Special Teams

FG Power 55
FG Acc 47
Punt Power 45
Punt Acc 45
Kickoff Power 44

Game Speed Normal+
Injuries 75
Fatigue 35
Spd Thresh 100

Penalties

Offsides 0
False Start 85
Holding 54
Face Mask 60
DPI 100
OPI 75
Clipping 0
Int. Grounding 75

Rough Passer 41
Rough Kicker 0

Last edited by KBLover; 07-11-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders

Can't wait to try these out! Finding a good slider set for me has been difficult this year it seems.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Atlanta Falcons
NBA - Atlanta Hawks
NCAAF - LSU Tigers, Furman University
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

How are you liking the fatigue at 35 and injury at 70? I am trying to find a good setting between these 2 sliders. I want more injuries but would like to have subs come in at certain positions.

I have been following your Oakland dynasty and see that you are getting a fair share of injuries, do you think that you can set the auto subs high enough to get subs at 35 fatigue? Or are they too broken to even mess with? I dont worry about HB splits as I can easily control that on my end with formation subs.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
How are you liking the fatigue at 35 and injury at 70? I am trying to find a good setting between these 2 sliders. I want more injuries but would like to have subs come in at certain positions.

I have been following your Oakland dynasty and see that you are getting a fair share of injuries, do you think that you can set the auto subs high enough to get subs at 35 fatigue? Or are they too broken to even mess with? I dont worry about HB splits as I can easily control that on my end with formation subs.

Auto-sub is too broken to screw with, it just doesn't read your settings at all. I have 1/2 subs put in and guys leave in the Red. I have 95/98 for HB, he's playing until Red...95 is nowhere near Red so... I don't see CPU HB sub - but the number of touch is reasonable (high, but reasonable, considering the other way gets too much subbing of WR, DB, OL and LB which...I just can't stand subs being due to fatigue at those positions)

That said, it's impacting enough to cause issues later in the game. Your guys can still tire out, start flubbing plays, missing tackles, etc. So don't sleep on ball control, etc.

I actually turned injuries up (to 75). I need to update these, I made a few changes to try to get the games more "low scoring" (i.e. closer to typical NFL games), and just finished a hard-hitting game and I loved playing.

But, yeah, I'm loving the injuries. Oakland is full of paper tigers so my squad should be getting wracked with injuries of varying degrees. How Denarius Moore has avoided injury with how much I use him, I don't know. *knocks wood*

Last edited by KBLover; 11-28-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Changes and reasoning (both sides unless otherwise stated):

Offsides from 100 to 50 - First of all, never once saw an offsides on 100. Just that "jumping" stuff...would be nice if they put in the "defender made the offense move" rule in...then maybe I would have left it...but given that and the "side effect" of it making defensive players overpower the offensive block more easily, I put it on 50.

Threshold from 0 to 75 - sounds like a huge jump, but, at least on Slow, there's no major difference. I've pulled away from slower guys, etc...it seems to matter more in close quarters, and seems to maybe have helped blocking...though not certain on that...and less likely to escape clean through small spaces.

Run blocking from 50 to 30 - was getting too many big runs and the defense not getting to show their BSH ratings very well as well as differences in RBK ability.

Fumbles from 25 to 35 - too many fumbles before...this should tone it down some.

INTs from 15 to 10 - too many INTs too, leading to too many turnovers. 1-2 turnovers per game is about average, and should fluctuate based on ability. I.E. Fumbles lost + INTs. Would rather a few more INTs than fumbles, but given how the fumble slider works (not just fumbles but tackle chances/power) I might just have to deal...

Pass Rush to 34 for User, 40 to CPU - trying to even out sacks and pressures. CPU seems to hold the ball a lot, leading to some sacks, but otherwise, it seems okay for now. I find I'm hurried and have taken sacks/had to throw it away - may go up again on CPU a few more points

Run Reaction from 15 to 20 - trying to let PUR, PRC, AWR show up and also contain longer runs, especially to the outside. However, if the back gets into open field, still can be dangerous - should just be better able to prevent it now and swarm to the ball if the back has to hesitate.

Block Shed from 10 to 0 - not needed with the lower run block and higher reaction, finding that high BSH players are getting it done. Low BSH players are inconsistent in their play.

Tackling from 50 to 55 - hate seeing high TAK players missing tackles. In the real game, elite tacklers very rarely miss tackles. It's the average types (or worse) that mess up often. I see that. Huff and the like will miss and get slipped by, but McClain is money on his tackles. He has a 93 TAK, so that sounds very realistic. It also makes backs who break tackles do less outright breaking (though it happens still, especially against those average types) but more falling forward through contact for a few more yards.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-28-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
Just started!

o the site...at least when it comes to posting.
Been reading and learning about madden sliders for 2 years now.

I have plenty of theory's and ideas... but I like madden 13s potential. So I've decided to become apart of the slider testing...and hopefully figure out how sliders work exactly.

I
Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I want to make some changes - though I'm in a quandry that I'm trying to find a way out of.

QB Acc for the CPU needs to go up - Philip Rivers only hit 50% of his passes in the last game played - that's not good enough, even if the Raiders were playing decent coverage that day. Tried 30 in that game, and will walk it up some more.

I'm also thinking INTs to 10 for the User may have been too much. Might go back to 15, but then I'd need to lower either pass rush or pass reaction.

If I lower pass reaction - coverage might get better (slider appears reversed), that plus the higher INTs might make the INTs go up. Also liking the 25 - I'm seeing a difference in coverage ability, especially in man-to-man coverage. Whenever the CPU finds separation vs man, it's a weaker man cover defender - either a LB (especially vs TEs - TEs simply gash my defense right now), or a safety in man (though Raiders have Branch, that's rated 88 MCV and 80 ZCV).

If I lower pass rush, I don't want it to become anemic. I may try it, though in preseason...especially since I don't want to touch pass reaction. I feel that's pretty solid in terms of quality of coverage on both sides.

Will try in preseason and see...
Old 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
MVP

If you want CPU passing to be better raise your user pass react(reversed slider). Probably raise their acc also a bit, however I know you are working on having lower scoring battles so that may cause them to gash you a bit more. But the better QBs should have games where they are deadly. I have found a decent pass rush even with 0 pass rush against 30 pass block(Jarrod blue). Something like 40-15-20 for user pass d? Find what works for you though, as I enjoy reading your dynasty thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »