Home

Pass Rush vs. Pass Block

This is a discussion on Pass Rush vs. Pass Block within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Pass Rush vs. Pass Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Charter I was just reading ur thread..do u not manual pass rush though right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always us the LE or LOLB. I manual rush.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8
So u play 3-4..do u get much pressure from ur (3-4) LE..cause I half wonder if the issue is related to the position..ie outside pass rush vs inside push (3-4)

Old 12-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
So u play 3-4..do u get much pressure from ur (3-4) LE..cause I half wonder if the issue is related to the position..ie outside pass rush vs inside push (3-4)

Yes I've used the 3-4 most of the time on Madden and I control the LOLB. My LE did get 9 sacks but, I've had many changes to sliders through out the season. Right now it's good. I have to set it were you might get pancaked when doing a rush move. If not I get 3-6 sacks a game. EA's dl/ol interaction are so bad you can't have rating be all that matters and still have a challenge. It's an area of the game were you have to give the CPU an advantage.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I have it at 15 and as DT (usually Seymour, sometimes Kelly, sometimes Shaughnessy, depending on packages), eating turf is my past time.

So that's already done. Any lower and a high school QB would be able to complete passes with 4-5 seconds (or more, once the CPU got 8 seconds...of course he found a target...no DB can cover that long...in Madden or real life).

Line play is trash, but I also don't want to have make a mockery of the game on the back end either... The front is already bad enough...
Old 12-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #21
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Some of the problem is that the RT is usually not as good at Pass blocking. I have been using my strongest pass rusher on the left side so at least the right player is getting sacks.
I always thought this was the main issue w/ RTs vs LTs and how possibly the LTs usually are the better Pass Blocker. However I agree w/ the notion that right-handed Qbs step to the right when feeling pressure, which is more of a Qb "code" issue.
The Qbs(imo), should,
escape more possible sacks, this would also help reduce the high average sack numbers we see.
(off subject, I would love to have an independent QB Sack Avoidance slider) Qbs avoiding or breaking sacks is one thing I've been missing since raising the tackle slider(higher than BTKs).
Back on topic,
The RTs always seem to allow more sacks. This has been a Madden/EA issue for many seasons.

Logically:
Could it be caused by the better pass rushers coming from the Qbs blindside(left shoulder if he's right-handed) and the Qb just drifts off and/or scrambles closer to the RT?

Last edited by D_Fos; 12-14-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
(off subject, I would love to have an independent QB Sack Avoidance slider) Qbs avoiding or breaking sacks is one thing I've been missing since raising the tackle slider(higher than BTKs).
Back on topic,
The RTs always seem to allow more sacks. This has been a Madden/EA issue for many seasons.
My guys have missed sacks before, even with 0 BTK vs 55 TAK. Cam Newton was holy heck to try to sack in the first year - Ryan Fitzpatrick did it to me this year.

I still do not believe that's the whole story with tackling...otherwise MJD wouldn't have run over, literally, my squad. (Broke tackle on 21% of his touches, 7 BTK in 30 total touches - right around the top % in the NFL last year)

Quote:
Logically:
Could it be caused by the better pass rushers coming from the Qbs blindside(left shoulder if he's right-handed) and the Qb just drifts off and/or scrambles closer to the RT?
Usually, I see the LE getting pressure initially (or a blitzing LB/Safety) and then the QB sometimes drifts left, and then the RE can sometimes get him (like last game, Fields, my LE, forced Campbell left, and Shaughnessy (RE) met him for the sack).

Very rarely does Shaughnessy cause the initial pressure. It's happened a few times.

In year 1, I put Andre Carter on the RE and Houston in on the LE. I didn't get a peep out of Carter - and he had a string of sacks. Houston, though, started producing. Both are capable pass rushers.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #23
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
My guys have missed sacks before, even with 0 BTK vs 55 TAK. Cam Newton was holy heck to try to sack in the first year - Ryan Fitzpatrick did it to me this year.
I agree, I just don't see enough sack avoidance moves imo. It happens, but next time you watch your favorite NFL Qb, count how many sacks he avoids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Usually, I see the LE getting pressure initially (or a blitzing LB/Safety) and then the QB sometimes drifts left, and then the RE can sometimes get him (like last game, Fields, my LE, forced Campbell left, and Shaughnessy (RE) met him for the sack).

Very rarely does Shaughnessy cause the initial pressure. It's happened a few times.

In year 1, I put Andre Carter on the RE and Houston in on the LE. I didn't get a peep out of Carter - and he had a string of sacks. Houston, though, started producing. Both are capable pass rushers.
I usually rotate my OLBs Kerrigan and Orakpo. Still end up getting a majority of sacks from the LOLB/RTs side. Sucks, this issue has been around tooo long
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I agree, I just don't see enough sack avoidance moves imo. It happens, but next time you watch your favorite NFL Qb, count how many sacks he avoids.
Joe Flacco? Zero.

Oh, you said FAVORITE. Oh, well yeah, in that case, yeah, BUT I think it's more evading contact than breaking contact. Better pocket mobility, more willingness to take off, like you said.

The QB Avoidance would be GOLDEN (if done right).

Quote:
I usually rotate my OLBs Kerrigan and Orakpo. Still end up getting a majority of sacks from the LOLB/RTs side. Sucks, this issue has been around tooo long
Yep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »