Home

Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Coach Mode Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Mode Sliders

Thanks again. I have a franchise already started and I'm in week 10 already. I've played this season with a combined 3 different combinations, but I will start my next game with who'snextsliders. I'll post some game results tonight.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
Rookie

All i can say is WOW!!! I'm sorry that i don't have stats to post. My internet connection dropped while i was creating the table to be posted. I haven't had this much fun with Madden 13! At the start of the game, there were 2 holding penalties that were called, so needless to say i had concern at the start. But, there were only 3 called in the whole game so i was grateful. The game was the Titans against the Dolphins and Miami played in classic form. Great defense, average offense. Mostly field goals on my part as Miami, but i drove down in the final seconds and threw a game winning touchdown to Hartline. I think the internet couldn't handle my excitement. I know i said i wouldn't start my franchise over, but i finally found sliders that i can enjoy. Thank you who'snext and thank Mike N. I look forward to finally creating a franchise from the beginning without any hesitation if the sliders i'm using will work. Let's go Dolphins!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 AM   #11
Rookie

wech's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphins84
All i can say is WOW!!! I'm sorry that i don't have stats to post. My internet connection dropped while i was creating the table to be posted. I haven't had this much fun with Madden 13! At the start of the game, there were 2 holding penalties that were called, so needless to say i had concern at the start. But, there were only 3 called in the whole game so i was grateful. The game was the Titans against the Dolphins and Miami played in classic form. Great defense, average offense. Mostly field goals on my part as Miami, but i drove down in the final seconds and threw a game winning touchdown to Hartline. I think the internet couldn't handle my excitement. I know i said i wouldn't start my franchise over, but i finally found sliders that i can enjoy. Thank you who'snext and thank Mike N. I look forward to finally creating a franchise from the beginning without any hesitation if the sliders i'm using will work. Let's go Dolphins!!!
That's great that you've found the slider set you needed. Maybe I should re-vist that slider set. I've tried it before but probably didnt give it enough time or enough of a chance.
It may be just me, but I havent had this hard of a time finding coach mode sliders in years upon years. I wonder if it will be better next year when they get some more kinks ironed out of the Infinity Engine. I think that is why its so hard to find sliders this year. Anyone else think so too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Rookie

dcmantommy72's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wech
That's great that you've found the slider set you needed. Maybe I should re-vist that slider set. I've tried it before but probably didnt give it enough time or enough of a chance.
It may be just me, but I havent had this hard of a time finding coach mode sliders in years upon years. I wonder if it will be better next year when they get some more kinks ironed out of the Infinity Engine. I think that is why its so hard to find sliders this year. Anyone else think so too?

I think its because they consitrated on creating a pick up an play arcade football game instead of a real football sim that we have such trouble getting realistic games.

Im using blue-ninjas set for the most part, but have been seeing how kingrealistic's set works as well. Both are good, however both do have issues. I'll have to try whosnext.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
Rookie

I'll have to give whosnext's set a try. My biggest problem with coach mode is the run game. Whenever I try to have the computer and human settings the same, with run block, tackling, rush reaction, etc, they always seem so much better. I can't break 30 yards with Forte but the computer is busting through six foot holes and putting up 200 yds a game against me. They seem to give the AI an advantage when the sliders are the same for both sides.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
Rookie

I truly understand about the running game. I was very impressed with the game that I played last night. Reggie bush had 25 Carries for 105 yards. Chris Johnson had 20 Carries for 44 yards. So my run defense played as they should. I've also tried various settings of qb accuracy at 75-100 in order for my qb to pass the ball downfield but the completion percentage was always unrealistic. With the setting at 25, I saw Tannehill throw the ball downfield, was accurate on slants, and looked at his checkdowns. So, he went through his progressions. I also used the penalty settings on page 38 with the setting on All Pro. I'm going to begin my new franchise hopefully this evening. I'll find out the truth within everything as my first opponent will be Houston. Hope all of this helps.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Rookie

wech's Arena

A struggle no doubt about it concerning the running game. I have the same problem...CPU can get nice, realistic yardage but my backs average somewhere about 2 yards a carry, give or take. C'mon now. I know my backs arent the best in the league or even my line (Steelers) but around 2 yards a carry or so each game on default All-Pro? C'mon.
And instead of ever actually playing a season, I end up spending all my time with sliders. Very frustrating. I'm sure that's the same for about 99% of us that want Madden to be sim-style.
Out of the box we should be able to pop the game in and just play however we desire, be it coach mode or otherwise. Why is this so hard for the Madden devs to do? I guess like someone said, they concentrate on the arcade game portion of it and that's really it. It sells, doesnt it? That's the bottom line for them. It could and should be an awesome sim but it just isnt. Maybe someday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Rookie

Have any of you guys tried Charter04's set for coach mode? I was thinking of giving them a shot this weekend. They look interesting to me for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »