Home

Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #49
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

Things I'll be looking for.

Total Offense - This average this year seemed to be around the mid-300s. My goal is to have both some 275 yard games and some close to 400 yard games. Goes for both human and CPU.

I'll also look over the flow of the game. How long the drives are, how efficient the CPU passing is, etc. My main goal is to get a realistic yardage average and fluent gameplay.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #50
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Look forward to hearing how it goes!

Just dropped my break tackle to zero to see if I get rating based broken tackles for Hum and CPU. I have interceptions at 25 and theres a lot of drops. Kind of wish they would bat it drop instead of drop it trying to catch it lol. I have run blocking for Human at 0 and never had too much trouble running the ball. Still have tackling at 25 on each side. Going to do something crazy and put CPU catch at 75, I'm trying to get the WRs to step up. Maybe after curls, break on their route when the QB has time, dont know if they will ever do that though.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #51
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Working on getting WR/DB battles on jump balls. Madden doesnt give enough love to WRs and I have rarely see nice catches. I saw ALOT of them today and a lot of nice plays by the DBs too. Running practice with Falcons vs Seahawks. Falcons Gos vs Cover 3. Browner vs Jones, Sherman vs White, Browner the deep safety (hes slow so its more one on one since hes late to get there). Just throwing bombs with Ryan from my own 40. They are landing at about the 15.

DPI: 25 OPI: 30

CPU INT: 25 (makes them go for the ball. defenders really have no problem making an attempt on balls)

With Human catch at 55, which is what I was playing with, they dont even attempt to go for the catch most of the time. The defender has position, protecting against the deep ball but they are both right there and only the defender goes after it.

Bumping it up little by little and at 70 right now and Jones is going up with Browner. But to varying degrees of success, some INTs, some batdowns, a leap by julio that browner breaks up but julio almost catches on the tip, but id say Browner makes a play on the ball 95% of the time and Julio maybe half or less.

But at 75 Julio goes for the ball almost every time. Browner does as well, just as before. Except now sometimes Julio comes down with it. Had Browner get an INT on the first 2, Julio caught the second, Browner batted down a couple, had one where Julio went up but Browner went for the big hit and did the incomplete signal afterward but julio held on. a few more batdowns in a row since Browner is in perfect position, it is cover 3, got hit on a throw and it fluttered but they both came back and went for it but Julio got a sideline grab, 3 julio catches in a row with browner going for batdowns, an incomplete where they both went up for a catch, another batdown and another batdown.

Note that Browner is coming from across the field (my right to left) and is just a couple seconds late every time. When Julio does make the grab by the time he comes down Browner is there to attempt a tackle. I assume if I flip the play Thomas would do a much better job giving help.

Sherman has Roddy blanketed. Period. 10 straight incompletions/INTs. Sherman is as fast or faster than Roddy so he maintains position perfectly just ahead of roddy and pushes him to the sideline. Browner tries the same but julio can get to the spot and then they battle. Roddy cant even get to the spot.

Going to try catch at 75 for both sides. I think the DPI at 25 really makes the DBs battle and this will be a great combo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #52
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Just had Manning fling it 54 yards to Decker in the air against the Reed blitz. That was as far as he could fling it and Decker and Graham both strafe and go up for the catch. I user and hold Y and Graham goes up with Decker at the same time but Decker has a big height advantage and out jumps me too for the catch. Going to go for the swat next time!

Also liking the drop in BTK from 15 to 0 and in Tackle from 25 to 15. Still see broken tackles and a variety of tackles.

Manning trys again with a different result! The Broncos run a 3 wide play where the slot WR fakes a screen and the two outside WRs go deep. They catch me in a cover 2 and my 4 man rush cant get to him, especially with moreno in to block and dressen blocking before going into his route. So Manning throws a lob as Reed breaks to run with Decker. Mannings arm gets it 50 yards but Reed was fast enough to get to the spot a good bit before Decker. I strafe reed as decker leaps for the grab. I hold LB and Reed reaches up and they slam into each other and decker drops it. Whew!

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-13-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #53
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

The 15 tackle setting is leading to some smooth hits. Less car crashing, i just hate that animation where the players fall in opposite directions. Just had Suggs beat the Tackle and make a solid hit on peyton, warpped him up around the shoulders and slammed him down and forced a fumble on impact. On the play before Manning finds his TE crossing the zone against a 3 man rush. Suggs grabs the TE from behind and drags him down by the right shoulder and left arm and slings him down.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #54
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Peyton has taken more shots deep than I've seen the CPU take. I don't know if its because of run block being at 0 for them or the WR catch being at 75. He's gotten 2 out of 5 so far.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #55
Banned

Drtro's Arena

Going to play Week 1 this morning before the games come on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #56
Banned

Drtro's Arena

So we won against Green Bay 19-13.

Not that Rodgers wasn't inaccurate (90% of his passes were spot on), he just kept throwing into coverage. I'll play 2-3 more games then decide if I should raid/lower the interference penalty sliders.

We gained 441 yards, 206 being rushing. Seems realistic against GB. But they only has 240 total offense. Rodgers can get more than that just passing realistically.

Aaron Rodgers: 14-36 193Yds 38%Comp 1TD 2INT

Cedric Benson: 11-54Yds 4.9YpC
Other: 4-19Yds

---

Colin Kaepernick: 19-33 266Yds 2INT

Frank Gore: 20-77Yds 3.8YpC 1TD
Colin Kaepernick: 7-51Yds 7.2YpC
LaMichael James: 7-38Yds 5.4YpC
Kendall Hunter: 7-40Yds 5.7YpC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »