Home

WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #641
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
My sliders are very close to default All Madden with a few tweaks I picked up from this thread and my games have been great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
im actually tempted to just play default all-madden and see what happens lol
When they had that last gameplay patch I played on default all pro for awhile and was fine with it until I got better and always won. Then I started reading slider threads and next thing I know I'm at the gates haha.

And after playing FIFA and 2k13 its like madden isn't even worth the time because of all the quality in these two games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #642
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
When they had that last gameplay patch I played on default all pro for awhile and was fine with it until I got better and always won. Then I started reading slider threads and next thing I know I'm at the gates haha.

And after playing FIFA and 2k13 its like madden isn't even worth the time because of all the quality in these two games.
The worst part about the game to me is the gameplans. If the CPU played man to man more it would be SO hard to pass on them with PRT at 0 but with them playing a soft zone we have to try to tune them to be able to score 30 ppg instead of having your typical 21-22 point game.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #643
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
The worst part about the game to me is the gameplans. If the CPU played man to man more it would be SO hard to pass on them with PRT at 0 but with them playing a soft zone we have to try to tune them to be able to score 30 ppg instead of having your typical 21-22 point game.
Really at the core the game planning and play calling are broken. I read the same about 2k13 but with the 2kshare for rosters they also can change the coach settings and all player tendencies. So I have an edited roster that took me 5 min to get. It has custom playbooks where the OS guru took out all the broken plays. Imagine if madden had that. We could just change the coach profiles/edit team playbooks and be fine. One person does it one time and he whole community benefits.

You can't have realistic football withunrealstic play calls
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #644
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I just gave these a test run with interesting results. I got trounced with OAK vs. WASH, 44-17.

I liked some of the tackling/break tackle animations, and I liked the interior push from stronger DTs in the passing game. I also liked that it was harder to get those sacks, at least for me.

The two things that stood out were the amazing picks by the CPU (Orakpo had two!) and the lack of responsiveness by my DBs (I think RG III was @ 72%).

I think it's good to have to be afraid of the CPU picking off passes; it'll force me to be more cautious with the ball.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #645
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
And the worst part is the one that comes out in 6 months will probably be completely different and none of this will carry over lol
Well...that could be a GOOD thing.

I mean, if penalties just made penalties and not impacted game play, etc...

Some of this stuff SHOULDN'T carry over...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #646
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Really at the core the game planning and play calling are broken. I read the same about 2k13 but with the 2kshare for rosters they also can change the coach settings and all player tendencies. So I have an edited roster that took me 5 min to get. It has custom playbooks where the OS guru took out all the broken plays. Imagine if madden had that. We could just change the coach profiles/edit team playbooks and be fine. One person does it one time and he whole community benefits.

You can't have realistic football withunrealstic play calls
That would be nice, but no one in the community should be taking out broken plays for any football game. It's great that the option is there for modders to fix things, but I'm wanting that out of the box football game in regards to the actual sport and nuances. Sliders just leave me to tweak the video gamey parts like stick sensitivity, etc.

Because your last sentence is very much correct. That's why these programmers need to work on that second (first is programming football fundamentals and intelligence, imo).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »