Home

The Sim-Style Gameplay Experience [Roster + Sliders]

This is a discussion on The Sim-Style Gameplay Experience [Roster + Sliders] within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
The Sim-Style Gameplay Experience [Roster + Sliders]

This thread is a combined Slider + Roster thread, but the Sliders can be used on their own since there are separate sets for Offline CCM and Online CCM.

Things to consider before moving forward:
1. The Roster is based on a late season roster update and does not include postseason/offseason transactions or player progression changes. Any player movement to keep up to date is not included.

2. The Sliders for Online CCM have slight adjustments to compensate for User/User games. These have been tested in User/User with the latest Online CCM Rosters from EA.

Gameplay considerations:
1. Play style will need to be adjusted before judging results. Some key areas to pay attention to are lead passing, man coverage, and pass rushing off the edge.

2. The ability to lead pass effectively will depend heavily on the QB's accuracy rating in that throw depth (Short/Int/Deep). While most sliders will allow you to lead pass outs/corners to the sidelines and maintain control, these will force you to throw that route with timing on the break without lead so the throw is on target.

3. As a counter to the above, you won't see many defenders who can mirror routes in man coverage. Elite man coverage corners will still be able to limit openings, but everybody can be beaten with the right route against the wrong coverage and perfect timing. Poor man coverage corners will get exposed quickly. Zone coverage becomes more useful with these sliders to avoid mismatches and limit big plays.

4. The LE/LOLB pass rush is toned down greatly which should result in a more balanced pass rush. The RT will still disengage slightly faster than the LT, but good RT's will get good depth in their footwork to at least allow a pocket to form.

5. The CPU rushing game is not a push over on these sliders. Even elite run defenses will need 7 men in the box to prevent good rushing attacks. I've been eaten alive for 250+ yards by Adrian Peterson when I played too much Nickel. The running game is slightly better with the Roster and Offline CCM due to BCV/AWR/ELU changes, but still tough to stop in Online CCM.

6. Roster changes for Offline CCM include.... Pursuit tied to position, tackle rates, and speed... Route Running toned down for most tight ends and receivers... Elusiveness reduced for most receivers and secondary players and raised for some power backs since it is effectively the BTK rating... Ball Carrier Vision raised across the board to help with lateral movement and timing of open field moves... Tackle, Pursuit, and Hit Power lowered for most secondary players based upon tackle rates... Pursuit and Block Shedding lowered for nose tackles... Throw Accuracy lowered instead of just Awareness for quarterbacks that struggled with Comp% or INTs.

7. Traits overhauled for gameplay and CCM, including Play Ball at Conservative for most LB's and CB's with a track record of low INT and PD totals, QB traits tuned for gameplay, and Consistency set higher for stars and veterans.

ROSTER DOWNLOAD: SIM STYLE GAMEPLAY ROSTER DOWNLOAD LINK

COMMON GAME SETTINGS
Difficulty: All-Madden
Quarter Length: 15 minutes w/ Accelerated Clock, 8 minutes w/ no acceleration
Play Clock Time: 14 seconds (only if using 15 min quarters)

OFFLINE SLIDERS [Offline CCM, User vs CPU]

Slider Name - User/CPU

QB Accuracy - 5/65
Pass Blocking - 23/27
WR Catching - 40/68

Broken Tackles - 6/46
Run Blocking - 18/51
Fumbles - 75/76

Pass Defense Reaction - 93/52
Interceptions - 30/38
Pass Rushing - 59/65

Rush Defense Reaction - 15/44
Block Shedding - 4/11
Tackling - 55/78

FG Power - 49
FG Accuracy - 39
Punt Power - 52
Punt Accuracy - 85
Kickoff Power - 48

Injuries - 50
Fatigue - 48
Speed Threshold - 43
Game Speed - Slow

Offside - 22
False Start - 51
Holding - 52
Face Mask - 10
Defensive PI - 73
Offensive PI - 78
KR/PR Interference - 25
Clipping - 15
Intentional Grounding - 40
Roughing the Passer - 50
Roughing the Kicker - 5

ONLINE SLIDERS [Online CCM]

Slider Name - User/CPU

QB Accuracy - 6/72
Pass Blocking - 23/27
WR Catching - 40/68

Broken Tackles - 11/46
Run Blocking - 19/51
Fumbles - 74/77

Pass Defense Reaction - 93/52
Interceptions - 30/38
Pass Rushing - 59/66

Rush Defense Reaction - 15/44
Block Shedding - 4/11
Tackling - 55/76

FG Power - 49
FG Accuracy - 39
Punt Power - 52
Punt Accuracy - 85
Kickoff Power - 48

Injuries - 49
Fatigue - 49
Speed Threshold - 42
Game Speed - Slow

Offside - 22
False Start - 52
Holding - 52
Face Mask - 15
Defensive PI - 73
Offensive PI - 79
KR/PR Interference - 25
Clipping - 15
Intentional Grounding - 40
Roughing the Passer - 50
Roughing the Kicker - 5

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 04-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: The Sim-Style Gameplay Experience [Roster + Sliders]

Thank you for the post. I've been so up and down through madden this year. The most frustrating yet most intriguing as well. I'm a coach mode player so sliders can be extremely tricky for this type of play especially on offense since you are thinking for the qb or the running back therefore you fall handicap to whatever the setting may be. Your settings have great extremes which intrigue me...i'm just concerned about the qb accuracy at 5. I'm going to test these out in a practice ccm tomorrow and i'll let you know what happens. My first game will be against the Texans so i should lose based off of paper. I was wondering if i could have some insight possibly, specifically i'm askimg if you have ever tried these in coach mode? Also, are these all madden settings? Thank you so much again.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3
What difficulty is this on.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Updated first post, difficulty is All-Madden for CCM.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins
Thank you for the post. I've been so up and down through madden this year. The most frustrating yet most intriguing as well. I'm a coach mode player so sliders can be extremely tricky for this type of play especially on offense since you are thinking for the qb or the running back therefore you fall handicap to whatever the setting may be. Your settings have great extremes which intrigue me...i'm just concerned about the qb accuracy at 5. I'm going to test these out in a practice ccm tomorrow and i'll let you know what happens. My first game will be against the Texans so i should lose based off of paper. I was wondering if i could have some insight possibly, specifically i'm askimg if you have ever tried these in coach mode? Also, are these all madden settings? Thank you so much again.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no coach mode in this Madden. It's really disappointing as a hardcore Coach Mode gamer to have no true Coach Mode and no CPU/CPU in CCM.

I wouldn't recommend either of the slider sets for Coach Mode, but the roster that I'll upload will be a huge upgrade for Coach Mode if you want to try that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Awesome stuff YAK! I'm a big fan of your work on 2K, and although I saw that you were testing sliders and stuff for Madden, I had no idea that you were doing a roster set to compliment it. Will start my CCM as soon as these drop.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Just wondering how are the tackle stats?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Looks very different from most other sliders on here - looks like the CPU will be a handful with these!

YaK, what playing style did you use when creating these? Do you switch on defense, user-catch, hot-route, audible etc...

About the rosters... Since we're unable to change player ratings on rookies coming into the league - have you tested if the sliders will play different after a couple of seasons?
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »