Home

Pass Reaction Sliders

This is a discussion on Pass Reaction Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Pass Reaction Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
Jarrod I have been testing this in online CCM modes and notice the same thing Blue Ninja is saying. It just doesn't make since that madden would have it backwards. Then so would rush reaction if that was the case?
It's going to be easy to pass the ball with that default setting y'all are playing with on that set because the USER passing is too high. That is the reason. The other setting is on a true All-Madden setting and that's why it's tougher. The pass reaction slider is broken this year. It wasn't like that on 12.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
It's going to be easy to pass the ball with that default setting y'all are playing with on that set because the USER passing is too high. That is the reason. The other setting is on a true All-Madden setting and that's why it's tougher. The pass reaction slider is broken this year. It wasn't like that on 12.
We play with QB Accuracy on 12 and pass reaction on 50 and it plays out fine DBs react how they should. If they have high awareness they play great so I don't know.. I will do more testing but in just my opinion I don't think it's broke.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
I know I'm late to the party now but I've heard many people believe this slider is reversed. I was never one of them for the record, but I did run some test again and to me, clearly this slider is NOT reversed. I will share what difference I see and if I'm missing something please let me know.

High Setting(90+)
Defenders are much more aware of the plays developing. They are much quicker passing receivers to other defenders and decisive. They recognize the offensive play quicker and if he should, a defender will break out of his zone assignment and cover the guy he is committed to very very well(I had 3-4 Rusher Orakpo dropping in curl zone against WR Miles Austin running triple move route down field and Orakpo had sticky coverage on him back pedaling 30 yards downfield).

Low Setting(10s)
Defenders looks and moves less aware. They pass receivers on to another defenders rather too early and they tend to sit around their assigned zone even when there's not a incoming receiver in that area. Much less movement overall in defense because as I mentioned already, they tend to stay in their zone no matter what play the offense called(not everytime but most of the time). It's like they are worried about where the QB is looking and are sloppy putting themselves in position to make the play on the ball. Does it make sense?

Conclusion
What might make it seem that the slider is reversed is because with higher sliders, receivers are either perfectly covered or completely wide open due to defense reacting very quickly and leave their zone more often. And with lower setting it's more balanced out. Most receivers aren't perfectly covered but at the same time they aren't too wide open either due to defense is less active and tends to stay in their designated zone more often. So because of this, I can see why some believe it's reversed. Wit h low setting, defenders 'bait" the QB better because defenders themselves do not know which receiver they should commit to. So sometime lower setting is tougher because defender reacting late can "bait" the QB until the last second.

Overall though, due to high setting covers much better after committing (less space between the receiver and defender), I believe higher setting provides tougher defense but at times unrealstic.

I personally like the lower setting for realism purpose(I mean Orakpo covering Austin like that downfield? lol) but I do not believe the slider is reversed.

But if I'm missing something please someone let me know, I'd like to look into this more.

Thanks guys,
So from your conclusion 50 which is in the middle would be the best setting for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #12
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
So from your conclusion 50 which is in the middle would be the best setting for it?
No I personally prefer lower setting as i mentioned. I have it at 12 in my test league. Here's the link to my complete sliders set and test game raw video.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html
M16 Sim Style Sliders by Blue Ninja
My Twitch Stream
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
We play with QB Accuracy on 12 and pass reaction on 50 and it plays out fine DBs react how they should. If they have high awareness they play great so I don't know.. I will do more testing but in just my opinion I don't think it's broke.
Yeah that's on the true All-Madden set you guys are playing with. On tbe other set you have the USER accuracy at 25, pass blocking at 25, and the catching at 50. That's 100 points for the USER passing. That is too many points and that's the reason why the defense is playing bad on that set. Lower the USER pass blocking to 0 and watch how good the defense become. I already broke this down for you before man. It's like you ignored everything I told you. Haha!

Last edited by Jarodd21; 04-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Yeah that's on the true All-Madden set you guys are playing with. On tbe other set you have the USER accuracy at 25, pass blocking at 25, and the catching at 50. That's 100 points for the USER passing. That is too many points and that's the reason why the defense is playing bad on that set. Lower the USER pass blocking to 0 and watch how good the defense become. I already broke this down for you before man. It's like you ignored everything I told you. Haha!
So you also think the 75 rule still exist. I thoughh it was all in my head lol. I was playing with a set that had every catagory at 75 exept pass reaction interception and pass rush wich was like 77 or 78 combined. And i was having a easy game then i lowered that catagory to 75 and bam made the game way harder. Just feels like the cpu means serious business on all 75.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with Jarodd21. All the categories have to be under 75 to really see it. I tested and tested this. I don't know why but, lower Pass reaction is more difficult. I have it on 0. The higher I raise it the more I pick the defense apart. I wish I could go below 0 sometimes. LOL. The DB's react faster and play better man coverage when it's lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
I didn't ignore. We lowered USER accuracy to 12 and pass reaction to 25 and we have more pass defections and INTs with the pass reaction at 50. In another league we have pass reaction at 90 and zone coverage actually works great so I don't know. I'm not sold on it being backwards that's all lol..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »