Home

Looking for sliders that have high tackle stats

This is a discussion on Looking for sliders that have high tackle stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Looking for sliders that have high tackle stats

Can anybody recommend me some sliders for better tackle stats? This has been paramount for me the past few years in Maddens.

I've been dreading picking up the sticks to play Madden again because I really hate seeing games end up where guys like Laurinitis, Patrick Willis and what have you get 4-5 tackles per game ending up w/ less than 100 tackles in a season. It kills the immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Looking for sliders that have high tackle stats

It really depends game to game but with assist tackles not working this year it is really hard to reach high numbers at the end of the season. I normally get 7-11 tackles maybe 14 in a game if the team runs alot with my sliders, I have seen good stats. King also has some good sliders.
great game and sim sliders
check them out for a few games if you want, it also depends in play now and ccm since they play different. These are for ccm.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

You can give mine a shot. Like you, I hate seeing LBs with low tackle stats, but yeah that lack of assists is just...ugh. I can only wonder how high my guys would be with assists. Might could pull off another streak of 200 tackle seasons with a top-tier MLB

Here's my team tackle leaders after 14 team games in my Oakland CCM [mentioned only because my sliders are divided by what I use for each of my CCMs in an effort to get them all to play the same with some differences].

(3-4 scheme this year)
MLB Bobby Wagner: 116
LOLB Davarius Bullock: 97
MLB Earl Williams: 77
SS Tyvon Branch: 55
FS Lamel Seawood: 53
CB Patrick Peterson: 48

In the 4-3 I had Rolando McClain with 150 for a few years in a row, basically making him cover numbers to numbers like I used to do with Gibson in M12.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
You can give mine a shot. Like you, I hate seeing LBs with low tackle stats, but yeah that lack of assists is just...ugh. I can only wonder how high my guys would be with assists. Might could pull off another streak of 200 tackle seasons with a top-tier MLB

Here's my team tackle leaders after 14 team games in my Oakland CCM [mentioned only because my sliders are divided by what I use for each of my CCMs in an effort to get them all to play the same with some differences].

(3-4 scheme this year)

In the 4-3 I had Rolando McClain with 150 for a few years in a row, basically making him cover numbers to numbers like I used to do with Gibson in M12.
Is this when your simming or playing? I do enjoy your DPI and OPI set at 5 for the WR and DBs.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Is this when your simming or playing? I do enjoy your DPI and OPI set at 5 for the WR and DBs.
I play every game in my CCMs.

Those are out of my Oakland CCM season in progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
It really depends game to game but with assist tackles not working this year it is really hard to reach high numbers at the end of the season. I normally get 7-11 tackles maybe 14 in a game if the team runs alot with my sliders, I have seen good stats. King also has some good sliders.
great game and sim sliders
check them out for a few games if you want, it also depends in play now and ccm since they play different. These are for ccm.
This is true. It really depends on the game, but i've been trying all sorts of sliders with inconsistency. I've mixed it up too, playing different positions, letting the cpu defense play it out, call a run/pass commit, don't call a run pass commit, shift lines, shift lb, shift dbs, play out a few games in a row, nothing! I did these with different sliders too. It really kills my motivation to play any further with this game.

Who is King btw? I'll try those out.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

(3-4 scheme this year)

lol you have Earl Williams too?! I'm playing on a 4-3 team and I thought he was a 4-3 linebacker. Anyhow...

I've tried your sliders too, in fact many times, where I would go back to it after trying others. I get similar stats, but sometimes I get really crazy stats like my leading tackle will get 4 tackles whereas all the other players get like 2 or 3. It kills the game for me, even that one game.

How do you play your defense, just curious.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
lol you have Earl Williams too?! I'm playing on a 4-3 team and I thought he was a 4-3 linebacker. Anyhow...

I've tried your sliders too, in fact many times, where I would go back to it after trying others. I get similar stats, but sometimes I get really crazy stats like my leading tackle will get 4 tackles whereas all the other players get like 2 or 3. It kills the game for me, even that one game.

How do you play your defense, just curious.

I don't do anything exotic - mostly man coverage with some zones mixed in. I usually stay in either the 3-4 (typically Odd) or 2-4-5 as base and use 1-5-5 and 3-3-5 for pressure.

I do like to bring pressure with the LBs but not overly much. Since it's a 3-4, one is usually coming, and some there's 2 coming. I rarely bring more than six rushers (usually 2 LB and a safety are the blitzers).

I've never had a game with 4 being the leading tackler - that would make me crazy as well. The lowest leader is typically 7 or 8 for me with a group of 5-6 tackles.

In a 4-3, that's when I had 150+ from the leader and 80-90 from the other LBs. 4 tackles as the most from my LB in a 4-3 would make me rage. No way I would have that as acceptable!

This is all CPU controlled as well. I don't user the LBs and don't switch. Typically I user a DL (especially in the 3-4) to try to play 2-gap (as much as you can in Madden) and fill space to slow down the ball carrier, but not necessarily tackle. If it's there, I'll take it, otherwise I try to make him dance to my LB pursuit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »