Home

All-Pro Slider Sets?

This is a discussion on All-Pro Slider Sets? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0
All-Pro Slider Sets?

I've noticed that there is a definite lack of All-Pro slider sets for Madden 13 on this forum, and the overwhelming majority opt for the All-Madden experience. That being said, I have a few issues with that difficulty that erk me as simulation driven player.

The first issue that is glaring to me is the broken coverage play on passing downs. If I choose a formation that places a good receiver over a nickel corner, and let's assume man-coverage, the nickel corner will blanket the inside receiver through the use of warping, speed bursts, etc. after the initial cut is made. I have tested this on every speed setting and with multiple thresholds on all said speeds. I've learned that this outcome is expressed more often with corners with high physical ratings such as speed, acceleration, and agility - regardless of poor positional skills like man-coverage for example. If my inside receiver is rated 10 points higher in route-running compared to the nickel-corner's man-coverage rating in this scenario, I would expect separation the majority of the time at the point of the cut. On All-Madden this is an impossibility without artificially jacking up catching sliders.

The second issue is the AI determining that I have chosen a running play regardless of situation or personnel. In addition, if I attempt to audible to a play that is more forgiving, they will audible to a perfect zone play for my check down pass. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see realistic audibles by the defense in this game, but I know that the CPU is merely cheating me in these instances.

Lastly, the comeback AI is unacceptable for me. I manage to get a semi-realistic statistical game going for three quarters, but my hopes are gashed as the CPU passing game decides it would like otherwise - soaring to the tune of three scores in three drives to win the game - as my quarterback and receivers overthrow/drop every ball they attempt. I love losing games in my CCM (It should be noted that I'm a Jaguar's fan), but the outcome isn't playing out fair much less realistically.

I've noticed that All-Pro doesn't seem to have these issues through my limited testing of this difficulty. Is there any one that would share with me their set? I'm really trying to save my CCM here guys, so I appreciate any help in this area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: All-Pro Slider Sets?

You can just pick a slider set and choose All-pro difficulty. CCM works like NCAA in that since.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a few All-Pro sets if you want to try them. They are set to "All-Madden" in the game, but all groups aren't under 75.

That said, I have to say that I don't share your All-Madden experiences.

I can NOT get away with covering even decent receivers with poor MCV/ZCV/PRC players. Even J.J. Smoke, probably the most athletic player in the game, gets beat at times with his 70 AWR/PRC. And if he's in zone (70s ZCV)...yeah...

With the LBs...I wish it were true. The MCVs of my LBs ranges from 25 (Tevin Ash) to about 65 (Kendle Maeweather) for my starters. I do have Jake Olsen (80s in MCV and ZCV) who I'll sub in...because low coverage doesn't work. They are better in zone - but have higher ZCV (except Maeweather, who's "zone defense" is plastering the receiver after he catches the pass).

For comebacks - I don't know. I've totally blown out the CPU. I've had them put together a quarter or two - then proceed to take control of the game. Yes, the CPU has come from behind on me and sometimes made games REALLY interesting - but...doesn't that happen in the real game? I haven't had my team drop passes - I've had myself make bad decisions trying to be too aggressive (especially since I have Martens and his 90 DAC) - but the WR don't suddenly get butterfingers or such.

I don't know - I'm not saying you aren't seeing what you're seeing, but I'm saying I don't see it. Sometimes momentum shifts. Sometimes my team makes a mistake and that opens the door and the CPU team kicks it in until we can get back in the game. Sometimes my squad is making it interesting and mounting the improbable comeback. It happens.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #4
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Appreciate the thoughts guys. Charter, I assume that this only works on CCM mode right? If I attempt this outside the mode it changes my settings to Custom which would employ the old-fashion system of less than 300 equaling All-Madden. This has me wondering why CCM mode plays out differently in this regard.

I'll definitely give them a try KB if your willing to post them, and I'll check your thread out in case they are already on there. I wish I had a video recorder to show you what I was talking about regarding All-Madden coverage though. I did a lab of this for hours in practice mode and couldn't solve this. Then again, there is supposedly different game play in these modes so idk.

For three quarters I will hold the CPU pass game to around 150 to 200 yards - if my coverage doesn't give up something crazy. When the 4th comes around they just light me up out of nowhere! You gotta remember this is every game that I enter the fourth with a lead not the occassional or even often variety, I mean every time. My pass defense is 32 in my league due to this regardless of my secondary being pretty legit. If I'm up by more than a TD, the CPU gets a boost during this quarter and will hit every receiver - sometimes the ball will even ghost through my corner's hands! I can overcome it about half the time anyway, but it still not that fun ya' know?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Appreciate the thoughts guys. Charter, I assume that this only works on CCM mode right? If I attempt this outside the mode it changes my settings to Custom which would employ the old-fashion system of less than 300 equaling All-Madden. This has me wondering why CCM mode plays out differently in this regard.

I'll definitely give them a try KB if your willing to post them, and I'll check your thread out in case they are already on there. I wish I had a video recorder to show you what I was talking about regarding All-Madden coverage though. I did a lab of this for hours in practice mode and couldn't solve this. Then again, there is supposedly different game play in these modes so idk.

For three quarters I will hold the CPU pass game to around 150 to 200 yards - if my coverage doesn't give up something crazy. When the 4th comes around they just light me up out of nowhere! You gotta remember this is every game that I enter the fourth with a lead not the occassional or even often variety, I mean every time. My pass defense is 32 in my league due to this regardless of my secondary being pretty legit. If I'm up by more than a TD, the CPU gets a boost during this quarter and will hit every receiver - sometimes the ball will even ghost through my corner's hands! I can overcome it about half the time anyway, but it still not that fun ya' know?
yes your right. as soon as you change a slider outside of CCM it's custom.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »