Home

Possible Major Madden Discovery!

This is a discussion on Possible Major Madden Discovery! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Possible Major Madden Discovery!

I am not one to normally jump the gun. This needs more testing but, it seems like I have found something that could have a huge impact on sliders on Madden 13 and possibly madden 25.

This has to do with the defensive pass reaction and rush reaction.

I have thought the pass reaction slider was reversed in Madden 13 for a long time. I do not believe it is now. I now believe that the run reaction and pass reaction must work together. I believe they have to together both equal 100. I think that is why default at 50 equals 100.

I believe they are sliders that are the time it takes for the defense to read and react to either a run or pass. It's basically how quick they realize its a run or pass and then they react accordingly.

I think what messes it up is when the numbers don't add up to 100.

Here is how you test it.

Just use all default all- pro.

If you want it to be harder to pass against the CPU you raise pass reaction to say 80. Then you lower run reaction to 20. This cause the CPU to very quickly guess pass. It even improves the CPU pass rush because they start pass rushing faster.

It works for the running game the same way.

The cool part is this also ties into the CPU play calling. I played against NE and I had pass reaction at 100 and run reaction at 0 and they ran almost every play. When I changed pass reaction to 45 and run reaction to 55 they passed every play.

I don't think every team will be the same but I believe if you want a heavy run team to pass more put pass reaction at 35 and run reaction at 65 for the user.

I don't think pass reaction improves players coverage ability, I think it just effects their recognition of the pass or run and how quick it is.

I think those are some of the way the CPU decides how to call their plays.

I know it sounds crazy but, just try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Re: Possible Major Madden Discovery!

I'm testing a game against Washington with my run reaction at 75 and pass at 25. I want to see if wash will pass much more than usual
Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

So far every game the CPU's coverage has been much better against me. Even the flats are being defended better. What's strange is running wasn't too easy either. I did notice Washington came out in 3 and 4 wide more but, I didn't play long enough to really see if they would pass more. They still were able to run pretty good. Everything still looks very promising.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Of course the demo sliders for madden 25 are different so we will see if anything carries over from 13 to 25
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Of course the demo sliders for madden 25 are different so we will see if anything carries over from 13 to 25
Agree, there are less sliders for 25.

No break tackles, no pass rush, block shedding, etc....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I truly am intrigued at the fact they removed some sliders for M25.....and we have been able to get the demo to really play a solid game of football.

I could not get M13 to work....at all ( nor did I have the patience for the CCM bugs and tragically subpar AI). So I think the dev team looked under the hood....removed some sliders that may have been causing the AI some confusion with this build (IE engine) and now we have a much better playing game.

At least that is my take from a top down perspective.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Would this be the same situation for M12? Do they use the same slider logic with each release? I understand the slider categories were the same for M12 and M13, but different now for M25.

I am just trying to determine if the slider values transfer from M12 to M13.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I truly am intrigued at the fact they removed some sliders for M25.....and we have been able to get the demo to really play a solid game of football.

I could not get M13 to work....at all ( nor did I have the patience for the CCM bugs and tragically subpar AI). So I think the dev team looked under the hood....removed some sliders that may have been causing the AI some confusion with this build (IE engine) and now we have a much better playing game.

At least that is my take from a top down perspective.

Hopefully, that also means we won't NEED them to get the game realistic.

Break Tackles to 0 was the only way I could get the tackle rates to be what they should be. Without that option, I'll have to rely on EA.

Not something I'm looking forward to, especially with the way defense and especially LB play usually gets the shaft in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »