Home

M25 Sliders for experienced players

This is a discussion on M25 Sliders for experienced players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #65
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: M25 Sliders for experienced players

These have been really solid sliders for me, I agree thay are the best going right now so thanks and nice job. Only problem is User running is too easy, but not much you can do about that. I also kept their D at 100 on tackling, PassReac and coverage to keep it challenging.

Wouldnt a higher Threshold making running a bit more difficult (LB's and DL closer to the RB's speed?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNity
These have been really solid sliders for me, I agree thay are the best going right now so thanks and nice job. Only problem is User running is too easy, but not much you can do about that. I also kept their D at 100 on tackling, PassReac and coverage to keep it challenging.

Wouldnt a higher Threshold making running a bit more difficult (LB's and DL closer to the RB's speed?)
Thanks Bonity. You are probably right about the Threshold being higher will make the running game harder. I do agree that needs to happen. Running is still too easy. Everything else is on the right track I feel. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback.

If you notice anything else let me know.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #67
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan47
Thanks Bonity. You are probably right about the Threshold being higher will make the running game harder. I do agree that needs to happen. Running is still too easy. Everything else is on the right track I feel. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback.

If you notice anything else let me know.
Im gonna play around with some higher thresholds and see if that helps.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've played 2 games so far with your blue sliders and so far I have had a much more enjoyable experience than playing on the default Madden settings.

I play at Normal speed. I played as the Pats vs Eagles and as Pats vs Steelers (in the snow), can't recall the scores now, 1-1 record.

My observations so far are:

- the games are low scoring
- there are a lot of dropped passes on both sides
- the cpu starts off the game running, then hardly ever runs after 1st possession
- the cpu run game seems a bit pedestrian, but they usually get 1-2 runs over 20 yards when they need it most. I rushed for more yards than the Eagles which was a bit weird.
- my run game was pretty balanced (relying on Ridley for power runs, Vereen for tosses/screen passes). I feel that my run game is fair.
- a bunch of 2-5 yard gains
- a few stuffed runs for a loss
- about 2-3 runs per game over 10 yards.
- the cpu gets at least 3 INTs a game and has amazing coverage skills, a little too amazing as linebackers are waaay too good and getting into my TE/HB faces. That OR, my QB throwing skills are too low. I find that passes on out runs have no zip on them and get picked off way too easy. Deep balls are not even worth attempting unless your receiver is super open cause there is a good chance it is picked off.
- my defensive backs are pretty pedestrian, linebackers are pylons in coverage
- when I generate a good user pass rush and the QB's throw is hurried, my defenders have balls thrown into their numbers and... no catch. Pretty well zero INTs, maybe I got 1 total.
- user pass rush overall feels weak to average, cpu pass rush is decent.

I see that there were penalty updates yesterday. I'll post again once I test them out.

Pretty good set so far. I'm excited to start my franchise and hope to have a good "rough draft" slider set going into the pre-season soon. Almost there. Once in career mode, then I get to start playing with auto-subs... joy

Last edited by kevjanbo; 08-29-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjanbo
I've played 2 games so far with your blue sliders and so far I have had a much more enjoyable experience than playing on the default Madden settings.

I play at Normal speed. I played as the Pats vs Eagles and as Pats vs Steelers (in the snow), can't recall the scores now, 1-1 record.

My observations so far are:

- the games are low scoring
- there are a lot of dropped passes on both sides
- the cpu starts off the game running, then hardly ever runs after 1st possession
- the cpu run game seems a bit pedestrian, but they usually get 1-2 runs over 20 yards when they need it most. I rushed for more yards than the Eagles which was a bit weird.
- my run game was pretty balanced (relying on Ridley for power runs, Vereen for tosses/screen passes). I feel that my run game is fair.
- a bunch of 2-5 yard gains
- a few stuffed runs for a loss
- about 2-3 runs per game over 10 yards.
- the cpu gets at least 3 INTs a game and has amazing coverage skills, a little too amazing as linebackers are waaay too good and getting into my TE/HB faces. That OR, my QB throwing skills are too low. I find that passes on out runs have no zip on them and get picked off way too easy. Deep balls are not even worth attempting unless your receiver is super open cause there is a good chance it is picked off.
- my defensive backs are pretty pedestrian, linebackers are pylons in coverage
- when I generate a good user pass rush and the QB's throw is hurried, my defenders have balls thrown into their numbers and... no catch. Pretty well zero INTs, maybe I got 1 total.
- user pass rush overall feels weak to average, cpu pass rush is decent.

I see that there were penalty updates yesterday. I'll post again once I test them out.

Pretty good set so far. I'm excited to start my franchise and hope to have a good "rough draft" slider set going into the pre-season soon. Almost there. Once in career mode, then I get to start playing with auto-subs... joy
Glad to hear you are getting a challenge from the blue set. Make sure you bump up the WR Catch for the CPU to 45. Lower produces way too many drops making the games easy (er).
Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #70
Banned

Update: The sliders can be downloaded at EA Share: BucfanTB
It's easier to find by user name. Enjoy fellas!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #71
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Bucsfan your sliders are the first ones I'm going to test out. I'll probably check out Jarrods and Charters as well. Started up a Titans CCM and have played the first two preseason games so far using sliders exactly as you have them...only difference is I tried slow speed on first game but quickly swapped to normal second game.

Both games played out completely different which is awesome. I will post stats and stuff later when I get back home.

Only thing I will change next game is quarter length. Only getting like 100 plays per game total. So will probably go 12 mins next game.

Other than that, through two games your sliders are working great. I'm using the black ser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 AM   #72
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey, really been enjoying these sliders with Armor's house rules for play style. One thing i've noticed, and i think it happened in between the pass interference slider goin from ~30 to 15, is that my CB's man coverage is super tight. in the last 3 games Cro has gotten 6 picks(fitzpatrick 3, M ryan 1, big ben 2) all on man coverage 2 outa the nickle. Maybe cro is just bringing his A game the past few weeks and even with that im barely squeeking out wins 30-27 against pitt and 39-34 against tampa along with a big 30-15 upset of the panthers. Anyways really enjoying the work you've put in and thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »