Home

The amount of PLAYS per game

This is a discussion on The amount of PLAYS per game within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The amount of PLAYS per game

Ok, its like i'm in a special type of hell with madden 25...

i've developed what i think most of you are going to consider the great sim stat sliders when i finalize them... BUT i'm seeing BIZARRE numbers of plays ran...

generally in madden you can do 15M q's with rundown on 10, or 14 mins, rundown on 13, ...etc... to get around that 115-130 total plays per game (both teams combined obviously)

with madden 25, i'm seeing just f'd up stuff... on 12 minute quarters, two teams combining for 170 plays, and in the same week, two other teams combining for only 80 plays...

makes ZERO sense...

i've tried adjusting the quarters from 11, 12, 13, 14, 15... and its either WAY too many plays, or not enough. i need some help you!

a real NFL games averages around 120 plays.... i can't get the simulated games to have that. teams average 900-1000 plays per season in the NFL.

anyone else had luck getting there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The amount of PLAYS per game

Are you talking about the games you actually play or the simmed ones?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Part of the problem is, IMO, that the total number of punts doesn't match total plays which can skew things

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Part of the problem is, IMO, that the total number of punts doesn't match total plays which can skew things
When they do stat's they don't include punts, KO's, or FG's as ran plays. Only passes and runs. If you look at a guide like Phil Steele or other stat's web sites that is how they figure the number of plays ran. You can add the runs and passes and get the exact number they have for total plays. The only time a punt is used is if it's a fake punt. Then it's a pass or run though.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think on of the issues here is QB YPA should be between 6 and 8....

i think the computer notices that during the sim, qb's are only getting X amount of yards because they just checkdown and have a YPA of 4-5.... meaning they need to throw extra passes to up to an acceptable simulated number...

who knows... this is a football game. it can't be THAT hard... they've be doing this for 25 years. so why so sloppy.

maybe the problem lies within the actual defense being too good against the pasS?

i.e. only person open is the checkdown...= low YPA...

im also seeing garbage completion %...

all this i speak of, is referring to SIMMED games... with my sliders, playing a game is amazing. with great stats... but the OTHER games that take place that sim during your season.. are not having ideal stats... i'm testing some new mods now though. hopefully they show improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECPackers
i think on of the issues here is QB YPA should be between 6 and 8....

i think the computer notices that during the sim, qb's are only getting X amount of yards because they just checkdown and have a YPA of 4-5.... meaning they need to throw extra passes to up to an acceptable simulated number...

who knows... this is a football game. it can't be THAT hard... they've be doing this for 25 years. so why so sloppy.

maybe the problem lies within the actual defense being too good against the pasS?

i.e. only person open is the checkdown...= low YPA...

im also seeing garbage completion %...

all this i speak of, is referring to SIMMED games... with my sliders, playing a game is amazing. with great stats... but the OTHER games that take place that sim during your season.. are not having ideal stats... i'm testing some new mods now though. hopefully they show improvement.
i have heard several people so far complaining about the simmed stats. Seems like a serious issue for people like me who only play franchise mode. I believe they had this problem once before and were able to patch it. Hopefully that is the case again, but who knows how long it will take them to fix it. perhaps the problems are due to a specific factor. we may be able to narrow it down by simming the first season but each time trying different settings for things like minutes, acc clock, or even initial setup like game speed or threshhold or coach sliders for each team. I know some of this shouldnt make a difference in simmed games, but it is madden we are talking about, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »