Home

Tamburo22's Equal Based Sliders

This is a discussion on Tamburo22's Equal Based Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tamburo22's Equal Based Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBeast32
now that i completely messed up the slider setting, i do have a question. how is the 0 threshold? i've always played on higher thresholds. i know last year, 0 threshold made it easier for the big play.
I don't think threshold deterimines how hard the game will be to be honest. I used 0 threshold all last year and this year.I think if you build sliders the right way you can get solid gameplay on any threshold.Last year if you used a lower broken tackle slider it matched perfectly with 0 threshold.IMO that theory of threshold at 0 making the game easy is nothing but a myth because it all comes down to how you balance the sliders out to play on 0 threshold.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 09-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #58
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I don't think threshold deterimines how hard the game will be to be honest. I used 0 threshold all last year and this year.I think if you build sliders the right way you can get solid gameplay on any threshold.Last year if you used a lower broken tackle slider it matched perfectly with 0 threshold.IMO that theory of threshold at 0 making the game easy is nothing but a myth because it all comes down to how you balance the sliders out to play on 0 threshold.
I just think there are at least as many, if not more, big plays with higher thresholds so I've always played at zero. There's no doubt that you can adjust sliders to make the game harder/easier on different thresholds. When I tried to play on higher with these sliders, it made it more difficult for me...
Old 09-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #59
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Just an update...I've seen a lot of threads where people are concerned about simmed stats being unrealistic, especially QBs. Through 3 games in my franchise, there are 12 QBs with a completion % over 60 and quite a few with a QBR over 100. Also, the leader in pancake blocks is 4. I know this is a small sample, but simmed stats seem to be pretty accurate with these sliders.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #60
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Just won my first playoff game vs Redskins 24-17. I received first kickoff, Tate took it back 101 yds for the TD. Epic game though. They came back and almost tied it up in the last minute.

Also, the most epic thing about this season, in the last game of the season (as it should be!) Lynch broke the season rushing record by 1 yard. 1 yard! How awesome. It was only the 3rd quarter or something, but I subbed him out after that just because it's cooler that way lol.

And to touch on the sim stats, I'm having decent simmed stats. The main problem is TDs and INTs.

Peyton: 67% | 25 TD | 20 INT | 4,551 YDS
Brady: 65% | 27 TD | 7 INT | 3,900 YDS
Brees: 65% | 21 TD | 8 INT | 4,239 YDS
Ryan: 65% | 21 TD | 14 INT | 4,136 YDS
Rodgers: 62% | 21 TD | 16 INT | 4,664 YDS
Kaepernick: 61% | 22 TD | 2 INT | 3,347 YDS
Wilson: 56% | 32 TD | 16 INT | 3,320 YDS

I just grabbed the top ones there. What is also amazing is Peyton only got sacked 5 times! Bad news Tamburo...your Saints were 14-2 here, but fell to the Lions in the playoffs. Brees threw 3 picks in that game. IT'S ALL OVER THE TWITTER FEED lol

Last edited by ruttentud; 09-22-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #61
Rookie

westview33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
Just an update...I've seen a lot of threads where people are concerned about simmed stats being unrealistic, especially QBs. Through 3 games in my franchise, there are 12 QBs with a completion % over 60 and quite a few with a QBR over 100. Also, the leader in pancake blocks is 4. I know this is a small sample, but simmed stats seem to be pretty accurate with these sliders.
Sliders don't effect SIM stats.

That is strictly tied into certain ratings that render the SIM results of the engine.

For example QB Aware effects the INT Stats for the SIM engine. The actual QBA slider has no IMPACT at all I your not playing the game.
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #62
Rookie

cp22's Arena

Just tried this set out. It's awesome. Best set I've tried so far.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #63
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22

Thanks for the kind words. Although they're not perfect (running game may be a tad easy) I'm really enjoying the game this year.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #64
Rookie

westview33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
+1

Very underrated set of sliders.
Westview Basketball #33

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »