Home

Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

This is a discussion on Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #33
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesHd09
I left my passing skill sliders in and adjusted to ur running skill sliders + added your penalty sliders and it worked!

20 attempts 63 yrds running. I noticed in a trial game i was still rushing well on slow game speed (granted i only tried for 1 half on slow and quit) so going to normal is def somethin i would do if ur lookin at this set.

Thanks man!
Awesome man! That's great to hear. I too have been able to tone down my running game and the stats are coming out much nicer. Only thing I have left to fix is the auto subs which I think I'm just going to do with formation subs in game and I'll be satisfied, not happy cuz this years Madden deserves no happy emotions cuz this game has no emotion but satisfied is a good word to use
Old 09-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #34
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Going to try 3 new things out to try and make Offense even harder and still make Defense able to compete.

Going to raise CPU Reaction time to 90 to see if it helps them at all in the run game. I feel like this slider does more than it says. I believe it gets them out of their backpeddling into deep zones and allows them to recognize run sooner.
With that said I'm going to raise User Reaction time 5 points to 48 for the same reasons.
And to help cpu receivers out, I'm going to raise WR catching to 48, saw a couple inexplicable drops from cpu receivers that I didn't like.

Off to do more testing!! Will post finding as soon as possible
Old 09-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl
Ahh I haven't had that problem. I think a lot of my sacks are coverage sacks. Try controlling a DB and covering up the go to receiver. thats what I do. If gameflow calls a zone play I either use the safety or one of the DB's whether it be the nickelback, safety, or linebacker on the strong side of the formation. this allows me to cover up the go to guy and take away some of the cpu's dump off guys allowing my d line to have 4-5 seconds to get to the qb
Yeah that's what I've notice when I user a DB,LB,SS or FS and cover the go to guy witch usually is a TE or RB the QB almost every time gets sacked cuz everyone is covered
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #36
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Yeah I just had another game I was testing with some changes. I ended up with 6 sacks. I was Cowboys vs. Giants. Manning just made some all around poor choices in this game. Kind of looked like Monday Night.

Cowboys (me) vs. Giants
Final: 41-31 (W)
I was throwing all over the Giants D in the first half. Accumulated 238 passing yards with Romo in just two quarters. Both QB's had 1TD and 1INT at the break. Manning threw for 162 yards. Romo 69% completion, Manning 70% completion. I was up 20-17. All that passing I only had 5 carries with Murray for 15 yards. Wilson had 11 carries for 56 yards. Both with 1TD. Receiving I was focused on how much YAC each team had. Cowboys had 79 and Giants had 51. Defensively I had 5 tfl and 4 sacks. Giants had 2 tfl and 1 sack. 1INT from both sides. Only 1 punt each in first half also.
SO
I thought hmmm. maybe there's something I can change and make the passing game harder without changing skill sliders. So I changed DPI to 99. Started the game with it at 1. Some guys say 99 is better and some say 1 is better.
With this change I saw minimal change in the passing game. Romo was 9-14 for 95 yards 1TD and 0INT. However, Manning was 12-17 for 162 yards 1TD and 3INT's. He started making bad throws into coverage and the Cowboys secondary is no slouch this year. I don't feel like it was due to changing the penalty slider though because I still connected on 64% of my passes in the second half. My receivers also had 7 drops in the game to the Giants 1.
However, My running game took off. I ran for 98 yards on 17 carries with Murray averaging 5.7 yards per carry. Haven't seen my run game like that with the DPI at 1 and these new sliders so I was worried maybe it affected the way the DB's played the run. Either way, I moved it back to 1 because I just didn't see enough of a change in the passing game to make it harder. The Giants didn't have much of a run game in the second half. Wilson carried 5 times for 17 yards and got hurt. Brown came in and was no better carrying 5 times for 15 yards. Manning's totals didn't end up being terrible, he just threw to many late int's. He was 21-30, 70% for 321 yards and 2 TDS with 4 INTs. I ended up punting 3 times total for the whole game. Giants punted twice for whole game.

Remember I made three skill slider changes before the game to test some new stuff out, CPU reaction time up to 90, User reaction up to 48, and CPU catching to 48.
I think I will keep CPU reaction at 90 and User reaction at 48. Believe it or not, it seemed to help the run D. I ran wild in the second half but that was because Romo had such a good first half and Murray had such a poor half that I think the Giants D adjusted to play the pass and I broke off 2 nice runs but the longest was only 17 yards. I played really good run D the whole time. I really want to keep tackling at 25 to keep the cpu in All-Madden running so I've forced myself to make some adjustments that I hadn't been making when they were running wild on me. Showing blitz, adjusting LB's, controlling safeties and keeping RB from bouncing outside for big yardage, although it still happens sometimes.

Going to make another change in a game I'll probably have to play tomorrow since it's getting pretty late now. I'm going to test whether or not the CPU Pass Coverage slider is truly backwards or not. I have it at 5 right now and I'm throwing all over Defenses. So I'm going to up it to 90 to match the reaction and see how it plays. I'm hoping that it isn't backwards and this will fix how easy it is to pass sometimes. I'm also going to up the CPU pass blocking to 76 and lower the WR catching to 46. And lower my own pass blocking to somewhere between 10 and 15

I had some objectives when I created these sliders and I've completed only a few of them so far.
[x] Make running super hard for human
[x] Make running on All-Madden more realistic for cpu
[ ] Make passing harder for human
[x] Get realistic completion percentages from cpu
[ ] Reduce sacks on the cpu
[ ] See some low scores from myself
[x] See some low scores from cpu
[ ] More punts (seen 5 and 7 once but not consistent enough. low numbers have been more consistent and I want the 4, 5 , 6 to be more consistent so the scores will even out.

If I can just make passing harder for myself that will go along way to making it more fun. I could then live with the sacks I get on the cpu being too high sometimes. I want to see more punting and lowering my passing ability without throwing crazy amounts of int's, somehow someway, is going to make this a much better/more fun game to play. It all starts with human passing though. I'm gonna figure it out if I have to pull all nighters guys. If EA won't fix it, I'm determined to.

Last edited by NightOwl; 09-10-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nightowl..love this guy..thanks for the in depth analysis man..I am VERY much looking forward to your findings..plugging these in now will be checking back for ur update..
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl
So I did some auto sub testing in play now. You can read my findings in the original post. It is in red under the auto sub part. Basically, it didn't work as I had hoped it would.

It would be really nice if we could make the fatigue high and have a high setting for RB out/in so they could be switching and having more RB2s getting some carries, then have the other positions set as low as we wanted so they won't switch in and out. However the disappearing player act kind of negates any subbing unless we use formation subs. Especially on 15 minute quarters. More proof EA doesn't like creating a sim. We can't even play the game on 15 minute quarters and get correct substitutions

A couple of things to flesh out here:

1. I know eight carries is enough to drive substitution in the real world and all, but we are talking Madden here! I am wondering were they eight short carries versus 2 longer runs in the example you cited in the OP, or runs of similar length?

2. I don't think play now is a good testing platform, as I believe it plays quite differently than games within CFM.

I still think you're on to something good here with regard to the auto subs. I got in a full pre-season game with them last night, and am still very encouraged by what I see. I think it needs some fine tuning and tweaking here and there and it could be stellar.

I am going to continue working with it-as it is somewhat of an obsession of mine-and see where it leads.

Note:I played at 13 minute quarters (think I will up it to 14) at 65 fatigue. I concur that 65 fatigue is too high for those types of quarter lengths. Everyone is pretty gassed by the fourth quarter and it opens up the running game TOO much.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-10-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Hats off to you on getting your set fleshed out. Your support on the run d demo sliders is appreciated.

Kudos

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-10-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #40
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Re the challenge in the user passing game: Im curious why you have CPU Int below 50?

Im in year two of a friendly franchise and commish raised CPU Int to 55 and I can see and feel the difference. CPU is really trimming down on my pass success from last season and overall they will read and react very well to passes into tight coverage. Im even seeing good ball hawking skills from their safties in cover three and cover two coverage.

You will still see drops.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »