Home

Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

This is a discussion on Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10
Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

After a lot of reading and a lot of frustrating rage quitting, I think I've found the best/realistic slider set I'm going to be able to find this year with Madden 25. These range from Game Options, Player Skill, CPU Skill, Auto-Subs, AND Penalty Sliders. I've read through a lot of your posts on this website and combined a number of different sets, so if you see something that looks familiar, go ahead and give yourself credit because it is probably from you. Best thing about these sliders is that there is no bogus house rules you have to follow. I bought this game to control the sticks, not throw a pass or call a run play and let the ai run for me. None of that. So hopefully these can bring you other skilled madden players some enjoyment of a realistic football game.

NOTE: I played with my Skill Sliders as this set for quite a handful of games, it wasn't until this last game that I changed up my penalty sliders after countless days trying to get them right that the game played really well. Therefore, the Skill Sliders have been tested and proven to play really well. Now with these Penalty Sliders and new Min Speed Threshold, the game played the best it ever has for me.

EDITS AS OF 9/10/13 @ 7:15pm pst. WILL BE IN BLUE. SOME MINOR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE AND THEY ARE WORKING GREAT.
THE OLD NUMBERS NEXT TO THE NEW BLUE ONES ARE THE ORIGINALS I USED. I WILL LEAVE THEM FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE SLIDERS STARTED AT.
I HAVE TO TEST ONE MORE THING WITH USER PASSING AND THOSE EDITS WILL BE IN THIS COLOR. IF I CONFIRM THEY ARE WORKING WELL, I WILL PUT THEM IN BLUE AS WELL.

GAME OPTIONS:
Difficulty: Custom (Choose All-Madden in CFM)
Playcall Style: Gameflow
Quarter Length: 15
Accelerated Clock: 13 Think I might try this at 12 or 11
Auto Strafe: On
Heat Seeker: On
Ball Hawk: On
Switch Assist: On
(The above four seem to be broken in CFM and do not stay on. At times I can use Ball Hawk, but Heat Seeker is definitely broken)
Injuries: On
Injury Frequency: 30 (25)
Fatigue: 60 (55)
Game Speed: Normal (No stuck in mud on toss plays glitch)
Player Min Speed Threshold: 1
Coach Mode: Off

PENALTIES: (thanks to hanzsomehanz Run D Demo post)
Offside: 99
False Start: 1
Holding: 1
Face Mask: 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 1
Offensive Pass Interference: 99 (I notice on two occasions my WR come back to the ball, something I hadn't seen when I used to have it at 1)
KR/PR Interference: 1
Clipping: 1
Int Grounding: 50
Roughing the Passer: 1
Roughing the Kicker: 1
I encourage you guys try these out, the game played so smoothly (Besides there being no penalties but we all know the calls on the field are broken). I too was skeptical of them but was very pleased with what I saw.

9/11/13 EDITS IN RED
PLAYER SKILL:
QB Accuracy: 5 (4)
Pass Blocking: 20 (15) (10)
WR Catching: 28 (25)
Run Blocking: 0
Fumbles: 25 (Must be 25 or lower for Human All-Madden difficulty running) I truly believe that the old 25 and lower All-Madden settings still apply in this years game. That is why I said to lower Catching to 25 if Passing is too easy for you and to keep Fumbles at 25.
Reaction Time: 43 (48) (50) (50)
Interceptions: 14 (11)
Pass Coverage: 55 (50) (50)
Tackling: 25 (Must stay 25 or lower otherwise cpu run game will be terrible and they may give up on it all together and just start passing)

CPU SKILL:
QB Accuracy: 35
Pass Blocking: 64 (80)
WR Catching: 44 (46)
Run Blocking: 50
Fumbles: 50
Do not go lower than the 50 Run Blocking or Fumbles because it will lower the CPU run game out of that hidden All-Madden difficulty
Reaction Time: 84 (90) (100)
Interceptions: 36 (50)
Pass Coverage: 5 (50) (100) *testing*
Read a lot of your guys' research on the backwards Pass Coverage slider and decided to test it out. Seemed to play really well and Passing for me has finally been a challenge so I had no reason to believe it was or wasn't backwards, thus, I left it at 5. *Can't remember who to give credit to* (KidV I think)
GOING BACK TO 50 PASS COVERAGE AND 50 INT'S TO TEST. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO DETERMINE IF THE SLIDER IS BACKWARDS OR NOT SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON TO MOVE IT AWAY FROM DEFAULT. MAYBE MY TEST GAME WILL PROVE OTHERWISE. AND GOING UP TO 50 INT'S BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN THE OLD SLIDER SYSTEM FOR MADDEN AND THE SAME STILL APPLIES TO THIS YEARS WITH ALL-MADDEN SLIDERS BEING AT 25USER/50CPU. THIS IS WHY MY CATCHING AND FUMBLES ARE LOW ALSO. YES I KNOW ALL-MADDEN DIFFICULTY THIS YEAR HAS SOME THINGS LIKE USER CATCHING AND FUMBLING AT 50. HOWEVER, I THINK THE OLD SYSTEM OF 25 RATED SLIDERS APPLIES AND I'VE BEEN SEEING TREMENDOUS RESULTS
Tackling: 100 (I still break tackles, but it isn't crazy easy like it was before. Now it's an actual challenge to get free)

SPECIAL TEAMS:
FG Power: 50 (What do you guys think? Is there too many long/easy field goals with this at Default 50?)
FG Accuracy: 34 (Finally seeing some misses and everything isn't so automatic. Although I can't fix how easy it is to kick in this game. I believe this could be lowered to 0 and it would still be automatic using the sticks for users)
Punt Power: 48 (Allows punt coverage to get down the field and not give up such gaudy punt return numbers. Punt averages are still realistic as well)
Punt Accuracy: 50 (I've seen the cpu put some punts in the coffin and some not and some straight into the endzone for touchbacks. I'm not sure there is a way to get more coffin kicks out of the cpu, in my honest opinion.)
Kickoff Power: 50 (53) *testing*(I know some of you like it higher to be more realistic, however, the cpu never returns the ball if it goes more than three yards in the endzone so I leave it at 50 to balance my full strength kicks and ones that just miss filling up the bar for cpu to have a chance to return and get more realistic kickoff touchback numbers for my kickers)

VOLUME CONTROL:
I turn the crowd volume up to 100. Doesn't make much of a difference in EA's failed attempt every year to get the crowd involved in the game, but I like to think it does so I turn it to 100.

AUTO-SUBS
I've sort of given up on auto-subs. My latest test was going to be putting the fatigue high, around 70, and still trying the out/in theory below but I'm having more fun not having to worry about guys disappearing and not disappearing and just using 55 fatigue and formation subs for my RBs. Who knows, I may continue to test the theory in the future. I'll leave the theory below for you guys to read and try it out though.
I've read through a lot of your guys' research on the auto subs and I believe a lot of you are going at it the wrong way. *The (player position) out option. You want this low if you don't want players disappearing. Having this low does not mean you will never see substitutions. It's actually the opposite of what some of you have been thinking. If you have the (player position) in option high, you are going to have subs go in and out for that specified position. Think of it this way: You guys are wanting your 2nd RBs to sub INTO the game. This does not mean you have to have your 1st RB sub OUT of the game. Having a higher RB sub in setting will allow your RBs to come in and out of the game when RB1 gets tired after a big play or a few runs in a row. Having a low RB sub out setting will ensure that those players don't fully come out of the game unless they get below the mark you have it at for the game. Set your RB sub in high and RBs will come in and out for each other when RB1 gets tired and set RB sub out low so players don't disappear. They will still sub out to get your RB2 some carries.
With that said there is also the CFM glitch and it put them at 50/50 and changing it doesn't seem to fix it according to some of your guys' research. However, someone (can't remember username) found that if you just hit triangle (or Y) to reset them to default (even though they are already at default) it will actually use your settings from outside of your CFM. I've tried testing and I feel like it works. However, I'm going to do more testing both ways to confirm. With that said, here are my AUTO-SUB SETTINGS:
Offense:
QB Out/In: 20/25
RB Out/In: 50/85 (Or 90 if you have two really good RBs)
WR Out/In: 50/80
FB/TE Out/In: 50/75
OL Out/In: 20/35
Defense:
DT Out/In: 40/75
DE Out/In: 40/75
LB Out/In: 30/80
CB Out/In: 30/75
S Out/In: 30/80
Remember: If you want to see players come in more often, just raise the IN setting, shouldn't need to higher the OUT setting because that will just run the risk of disappearing players.
EDIT 9/9 @ 9:45pm pst: So it seems as though this is not the fix. I ran a play now game with it set to 50/95 RB out/in. I was able to run 8 straight times with McFadden, then Jennings came in for two plays, maybe three, can't remember for sure. The nice thing was that McFadden didn't come right back in to the game. Jennings was actually in for a couple runs while McFadden rested up. However, 8 straight runs? c'mon. That's obviously not right, so I went back and changed it to 94/95 RB out/in and McFadden ran 4 times I think it was, before Jennings came in for one play. McFadden came back the next play, ran three or four times and went back out for one play. I would be okay with this however, this is how we get the disappearing players at the end of the game with the out setting too high so idk what to do now guys. I'm starting to think EA didn't intend for us to play 15 minute quarters. I'm just going to default my auto subs and use formation subs. And probably put Fatigue back down to 50 instead of 60

I will post the stats of the CFM game I played with these settings. However, during this game, the cpu pass blocking was still at 54 so I had 9 sacks and 18 tfl, but with the new changes I believe it's going to work great. It was an awesome game. 14-13 halftime score and ended 31-13. More than likely because later in the game the Cowboys were trying to catch up and Romo was having trouble finding time to throw and having to scramble and running into sacks which also contributed to the 9. And not to mention the Rams D line is pretty good. The game featured 12 punts (5 from me and 7 from cpu) which I thought was a great addition to actually see some punting for once with some sliders that are set to All-Madden. The cpu pass blocking raise will also lower the cpu punting I'm sure but there are a lot of NFL games with punters punting that many times so it was rather normal.

CONCLUSION:
Thank you to those who stuck around and read everything. I know it is quite lengthy, but I think it'll really help out you other skilled Madden players who can't seem to find a good challenge without giving up scores on every drive and being able to score on every drive (or having to). I think and hope these will be my last set because I really want to finish a full season of a CFM and see how the playoffs and hopefully the SuperBowl presentation is. (I know I can see it if I just choose it in Play Now, but I want to earn it! lol) Thank you again guys and good luck to whoever uses them and thank you to everyone else here at Operation Sports for giving me a base to work from on different settings!

Last edited by NightOwl; 09-11-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Re: Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

1/2/3/4--FINAL
Rams 14/0/3/14--31
Cowboys 7/6/0/0--13

Rams (Me) Team Stats:
Total Offense: 274
Rushing Yards: 83
Passing Yards: 191
First Downs: 11
PRYards: 170 (1TD: T. Austin)
KR Yards: 96
Total Yards: 540
Turnovers: 4 (2 fumbles, 2 int's)
3rd Down Conv: 5-13(38%)
3-3 100% Red Zone (3 TD's)
Penalties: 0
Possession Time: 29:53

Rams Player Stats:
Passing:
S. Bradford
Rating: 78.9
Comp: 21
Att: 32
Yards: 210
Comp%: 65
TD: 2
INT: 2
AVG per att: 6.5
Long: 20

Rushing:
D. Richardson
Att: 13
Yards: 50
AVG: 3.8 (finally not so high) he got injured but even before the injury the RB2 was coming in on some plays after he got tired (run blocking at zero & fumbles at 25 tomake it all-madden)
TD: 0
FUMB: 1
BTK: 0
Yards after first hit: 15
Long: 10
Z. Stacy
Att: 10
Yards: 30
AVG: 3.0
Yards after first hit: 12
Long:7

Rams Defensive Stats: (This is where it gets a little skewed)
Sacks: 9 (gonna have to up the cpu pass blocking even more. think I have it at54) *made this 64 in above settings to hopefully help the cpu o-line which struggles this year* also I don't think I would've been able to beat them 31-13 with the kind of game Murray had if I had the cpu pass blocking higher *may even go to 75 in the future*
Tackles for loss: 18 (again need to adjust cpu pass block)
Forced Fumbles: 3 (cpu fumble at 50 just got some lucky hits I guess) *I think two of them were by Romo*

Rams Special Teams Stats:
Punting:
J. Hekker
Punts: 5
Yards: 250
Punt Return:
T. Austin
Returns: 6
Yards: 170
AVG: 28.3
Long: 75
TD: 1

Cowboys (cpu) Team Stats:
Total Offense: 351
Rushing Yards: 142
Passing Yards: 209
First Downs: 18
PRYards: 38
KR Yards: 30
Total Yards: 419
Turnovers: 2
3rd Down Conv: 3-16(18%)
4th Down Conv: 0-2(0%)
Red Zone%: 1-1(100%) FG
Possession Time: 30:07

Cowboys Player Stats:
Passing:
T. Romo
Rating: 74.5
Comp: 19
Att: 36
Yards: 246
Comp%: 52
TD: 0
INT: 0
AVG yards per att: 6.8
Long: 50

Rushing:
D. Murray
Att: 20
Yards: 125
AVG: 6.2
TD: 1
Yards after first hit: 30
20+ yard runs: 2
Long: 35 & 26
*Without the runs of 35 & 26 I held him to 18 carries for 64 yards which is so much more realistic while still be able to keep it on All- Madden cpu running which is why I think a lot of you skilled guys looking for a more realistic challenge will love these sliders and settings because the cpu isn't breaking off 80 yard touchdown runs every other drive. If you discipline yourself to set the edge and keep the cpu RB between the tackles, you're gonna see some great realistic stats and some great games that end in realistic scores.*

Cowboys Defensive Stats:
Sacks: 3
Tackles for loss: 7
INT: 2
FF: 2
FR: 2

Cowboys Special Teams Stats:
Kicking:
D. Bailey
FGM: 2
FGA: 3 (missed from 50+)
Punting:
C. Henry
Punts: 7
Yards: 316
AVG: 45.1 (I have punt power at 48 for both teams. more realistic)
Long: 49
Punt Returns:
D. Bryant
Returns: 3
Yards: 38
AVG: 12.6

SUMMARY:
All in all, what a great experience this was. I think I finally have theperfect slider set for myself due to some much needed help from hanzomehanzpenalty slider outlook. I have rage quit so many times the past week due toblowing the cpu out or them running for 260 on 21 carries and multiple 50+yarders. What I've learned to stop the cpu run game and still keep the sliders in the all-madden difficulty, meaning YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR TACKLING AT 25, is you really have to discipline yourself to set the edge with a DE, LB, or S. Meaning, you have to keep the cpu RB from getting outside by running out there before he can get there. Even if there is a block you have to take on. This forces the cpu to have to cut up or back inside and they can't run all over you to theoutsides. Doing this gives the ai controlled players on your team time to get to the RB and make the tackle. That is if the cpu RB doesn't bend over and make people bounce off. That's the only thing I wish I could fix at this point. They go into a trucking stance and guys bounce off. No collision noise, no nothing.Making this infinity, or whatever its called, engine look really bad at times. However, I'm pretty excited to up some cpu passing sliders and continue playing a very broken game that I hope I have fixed a little bit to reflect some muchmore realistic stats and hopefully have fixed for you guys that choose to use these sliders.

PSN: Paulo559

Last edited by NightOwl; 09-09-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Interesting looking set. I am a big fan of game play, but I usually try to run up the penalties as high as you can get away with and still get results. I can't play football without SOME penalties!

Anyway, thanks for the contribution. I plan to check these out when I get some time. I am particularly interested in your auto sub theory.

You'd be the OS "Man of the Year" if you nailed that alone.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-09-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Interesting looking set. I am a big fan of game play, but I usually try to run up the penalties as high as you can get away with and still get results. I can't play football without SOME penalties!

Anyway, thanks for the contribution. I pan to check these out when I get some time. I am particularly interested in your auto sub theory.

You'd be the OS "Man of the Year" if you nailed that alone.
Yeah I too wish I could see some penalties. If the sliders won't work for the actual calls, I'm just glad they can work to help the gameplay.
I hope the auto subs work out for you. I'm hoping my theory will help a lot of the guys struggling with this.
Thanks for reading
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl
Yeah I too wish I could see some penalties. If the sliders won't work for the actual calls, I'm just glad they can work to help the gameplay.
I hope the auto subs work out for you. I'm hoping my theory will help a lot of the guys struggling with this.
Thanks for reading
On the subject of auto subs, was that split you obtained between your two RBs for the posted game against the Cowgirls strictly driven by auto subs per your setting, or did you manually put in your number 2 with depth chart and or formation substitutions?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I know I've asked this numerous times in other threads but it really annoys me. With that said do you see your offensive line come off the field with the fatigue and auto sub settings?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

a few things i do not understand.

why do fumbles need to be at 25 for user.

it is paired up with run blocking and the total of each is 50 on default all madden.

so if you have run blocking at 2. you can have fumbles at 48 and still be on all madden.

i k now this because that is how my sliders are and they are all madden.

also u should know that pass reaction time is also reversed in this years game.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
On the subject of auto subs, was that split you obtained between your two RBs for the posted game against the Cowgirls strictly driven by auto subs per your setting, or did you manually put in your number 2 with depth chart and or formation substitutions?

Thanks
No it was via the auto subs. When Richardon got hurt in the second half. Stacy had somewhere around 6 or 7 carries, then I ran it 6 or 7 more times with him. Isaiah Pead (my RB3) came in when Richardson got hurt and Stacy ran a few times to pick up a first down in the redzone. Pead got the TD run on what would be his only carry of the game lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »