Home

I want Defensive Line to RUSH the QB!!

This is a discussion on I want Defensive Line to RUSH the QB!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
I want Defensive Line to RUSH the QB!!

I have tried countless sliders. THANK YOU ALL for your efforts.
Pass rush happens when someone does not get blocked or Cover Sack.
I would like to have a slider set that MAXIMIZES the Defensive Line PUSH.

Please Post Slider suggestions that will do this.

Penalty Sliders too, that will help the Defensive Line get OFF the Ball and KICK some ***.

Thank you in advance for posting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I want Defensive Line to RUSH the QB!!

Adjust your scheme. Please don't expect D-Line pressure without stunts or line shifts. i am getting a high number of sacks, hurried throws, and tip passes.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Set holding and roughing the passer to 1.

Set off sides to 99 and false start to 1 as a second measure if the first set adjustment is not satisfactory

From there you can further reduce the pass blocking skill slider.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10

Agree with handzomehanz. I started using his penalty sliders and both CPU and user d-lines are getting around the o-line. Leaving the QB 3-4 seconds to pass. Not only this but I've noticed LB's in man coverage. If they were supposed to cover an RB or TE and that player does not run a route and stays in to block. That LB will blitz because he knows he has no one to guard in man coverage. So instead of standing around. He makes himself useful. I'm having trouble lowering my user sacks. I'm averaging like 5-6 a game.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

I have holding and offsides over 55 and I get plenty of sacks and pressure plus penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

This is what I'm using:

Offsides - 54
False Start - 51
Holding - 50

Pass Block 0 for both (with holding at 50 I haven't found the need to increase this for CPU)

Just today something incredibly happened that I've NEVER seen in Madden before. The RE (I always user RE) and both DTs broke through at the same time and sacked Rodgers. And my RE and 1 DT both are finesse users.

I usually don't call blitzes and I can get decent pressure on the QB. My advice, if you're playing CFM, is to spend XP on power or finesse moves for your d-line and try to get people with high acceleration. If you lower holding, it'd help with the pass rush, but it'll also stunt the CPU's run game. It's tough to get everything perfect, because inevitably one slider that helps this aspect will hurt another one.

I also get sacked and pressured by the CPU with this.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #7
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

For some reason, I can always get good rush by holding sprint and strafe before the play...
It makes the camera zoom in to a funky angle, but it seems to work, along with spamming the right stick before the snap sometimes...

Or, if you want it to be realistic, use the same method and just try to time your move. Strafe seems to immediately square up the shoulders of the DE, while sprint might get you to come off the line better... This usually stops the madden animation of just running straight into the LT/RT and lets you go on your own.

I also find that it's best that you move your best rusher to the LE spot. This actually makes sense in real life, too, as LTs are known as pass blockers and RTs are more for setting up the edge in the run game. I lined up Clowney as RE in preseason with no luck. 1st 4 games as LE? 5 sacks. Positioning seems to matter with hime as most of his sacks and pressures are in 1 on 1 blocking.

Another tip: if you make it past a blocker, take your shot at the QB. Dive, lunge, do whatever you can... You want to be launching at the QB before another blocker swoops in to save the day. When you dive, they ignore you. If they are close to getting between you and the QB and you have already launched, they will move quickly to where they were before. Most of your sacks are going to come from diving and taking out the legs of the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »