Home

Sliders for madden vets

This is a discussion on Sliders for madden vets within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Sliders for madden vets

I modified these from someone else's. Sorry I don't remember who. I'm not after glory here, lol. I will say this, I am a 20 year Madden vet who has always played online and online franchise. I liked the real human versus human feel. Nowadays however, it doesn't feel like real football, even if I win it really isn't all that fun. That being said, I never liked playing computer because I could always destroy it and that never felt like real football. I can say that after I played with these settings, I've been having a blast. It feels real! Couple of things with franchise. Always abide by game flow. A few QB rules, if AWR is below 80, I don't allow myself to audible. If AWR is below 90, I don't allow myself to hot route. Then it is only one hot route. Same thing for defense as it applies to MLB. Again, I can't remember which sliders I started with as a base. It was the ones where it was the same for human/CPU. Anyway, I beefed up CPU quite a bit. Hope you enjoy. What I liked about these is they play true to team ratings. You really can't take the Jags and roll into San Fran and win. Like wise, you can whoop the Jags pretty good with niners. Its cool.

ALL MADDEN

GAME OPTIONS
play call style - game flow
qtr length - 15
coaching tips - off
play clock - on
accelerated clock - on
min play clock time - 15 sec
camera settings - zoomed
auto strafe - on
heat seeker - off
ball hawk - off
switch assist - off
injuries - 30
fatigue - 55
game speed - slow
player min speed threshold - 0

PENALTIES
offside - 70
false start - 55
holding - 50
face mask - 30
def pass int - 5
off pass int - 5
kr/pr int - 65
clipping - 50
int grounding - 30
roughing passer - 50
roughing kicker - 50

PLAYER SKILL
qb accuracy - 5
pass blocking - 0
wr catching - 45
run blocking - 0
fumbles - 25
reaction time - 36
interceptions - 15
pass coverage - 4
tackling - 25
fg power - 50
fg accuracy - 35
punt power - 45
punt accuracy - 50
kick off power - 50

CPU SKILL
qb accuracy - 10
pass blocking - 0
wr catching - 45
run blocking - 0
fumbles - 25
reaction time - 75
interceptions - 20
pass coverage - 25
tackling - 25
fg power - 50
fg accuracy - 40
punt power - 45
punt accuracy - 50
kick off power - 50

COACHING OPTIONS (auto subs)
qb - 20/25
rb - 80/85
wr - 60/65
fb/te - 60/65
ol - 20/25

dt - 80/85
de - 80/85
lb - 70/75
cb - 60/65
s - 60/65

Last edited by stingrayvfl; 10-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Sliders for madden vets

Tamburo22 was the original sliders I used. I liked them but I was beating good teams with bad teams every game. The adjustments I made are obviously according to my skill level. I just thought I'd post these for Ballers trying to get a realistic game. I think a good test for any sliders is Jags/49ers. Play two games as both. Thanks Tamburo, great place for me to start.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

First, thanks for posting these. I too am a Madden Vet of 25 years. What i look for in sliders is competitive play. I could care less if I lose or win, as long a good majority of my games are competitive. I hooked your sliders up, and played in PLAY NOW games, and my CM. My experiences were through 4 games. The Run game is nice. I experienced runs that ended up with negative yds, and gains that included a good mix of yardage ranging from 1 yd to my longest run of 34 yds. Plenty of 2,3,4,7 yds etc.. Now the passing was a complete difference. Way too many errant passes, and when they were on target, every receiver would be covered in a milisecond. There was never any separation between Receiver, and Defenders when Man to Man coverage was used. Id replay the pass plays, and every pass play showed defenders cut with or just before the receiver would cut. My games averaged 12 INT's. There has to be some separation between receivers and defenders at least part of the time. I understand you want a challenge, but impossibility is not a challenge, its a fuse for frustration. Tone down the pass coverage a bit, and these sliders will be a darn good challenge.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Banned

One thing you can try is goin to very slow. It may help. Also, I found usin an elite QB I had no issues. I've learned my passing concepts pretty well too. But really everyone plays different. I'm having a blast.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

I'd tried probably 10 sliders sets, and they all seemed off. These are right on the money. If I make mistakes, I'm going to lose. The defense is pretty spot on. Every other slider set has been too easy to pass against the CPU. Thanks for uploading these!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

i wonder if because im using a 1993 Roster set, that these sliders might be playing out different.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Banned

I played Pats/Packers last night. Only thing I didnt like was when I played as Brady, the pass accuracy was off too much for a realistic feel. I'm gonna tweak it later today. I'm sure I'll have to bump up reaction time and pass coverage on CPUS side of things to counter. Its close though. Again I'm not here to show case my work with the sliders, others have worked hard to give me a starting point. I'm just after a sim type feel to match my skill set. I for see constant tweaking from season to season as I start to see the field better.

I also think altering game speed helps. I know its a different feel slowing down the game, but it also helps having to overcome the low user settings. For instance, you may be out of position on pass defense, but with the slower speed you can react naturally and make a user play. That's kind of the point. I think I like slow the best.

Another thing peeps can do is study and learn passing concepts against different coverages. Also, learn the blocking schemes and understand them. Most people don't realize how much they don't know about football.

Last edited by stingrayvfl; 10-10-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
Banned

Put user QB accuracy back to 5 and also set strafe to auto. I've played 10 games now and all felt real and every one was different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »