Home

PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

This is a discussion on PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

I probably won't post the new sliders until later tonight. I'm in the middle of Madden marathon right now. Been up all night playing. I think I'm going to be mad though as I've almost confirmed that the cpu doesn't practice or hardly gain exp. at all. Check this out, I simmed ahead 2 years to confirm that the pre- season schedule repeats after the first year. Okay the first schedule is fine, that's the real one for this year.But when you start 2014 and every year after that it repeats the same pre-season. Anyway, onto cpu player progression look at Cam Newton below and tell me that they don't progress slow. I know it's just simmed, but I was at the end of year 4 pre patch at was noticing the same results.

Cam Newton
2013 age 24
2015 age 26

2013 wk 1 2015 wk 1 difference

OVR 90 93 +3
THP 97 97 0
SAC 87 89 +2
MAC 79 82 +3
DAC 84 86 +2
RUN 93 92 -1
PAC 82 82 0
AWR 75 82 +7
SPD 85 85 0
STR 81 81 0
AGI 92 92 0
ACC 93 93 0
ELU 84 84 0
CAR 79 79 0
BCV 97 97 0
JKM 92 92 0
SPM 90 90 0
SFA 81 81 0
TRK 75 75 0
STA 95 95 0
TGH 88 88 0
INJ 96 96 0
PER 90 90 0

That's what I mean by slow progress. Why put practice mode in the game at all. The only that sucks is if you don't use practice mode the generated rookies are going to suck forever. If you do use practice mode all the other cpu teams will have slow producing players meaning you'll have no challenge in a couple of years. Oh well. Things are going to get really confusing in my franchise next year with the Chicago Cougars. LOL. Wish they had Al Davis as the owner. [Raiders moved] The injuries got really way out of balance since the patch. I'll update tonight.

Thank You for using
PSCMPUNKS "Best In The World Sliders"
at coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 1

PSCMPUNK, really looking forward to your updates. You have a really good set! I have a question in regards to qb accuracy. Have you noticed that at 5 on qb accuracy the IQ level completely drops on both sides? Matt Ryan, last night, threw straight towards the sidelines with no one with 20 yards of the pass. I know that when we get to high than they become too accurate but i was wondering if in your new update you have adjusted qb accuracy and possibly lowered wr catch? Thanks in advance and once again, very good job with these!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #35
Banned

I'll update later. They did throw things out of wack. I thought they fixed something simple like the GMC play of the game, nope. I ran back a INT & a kickoff in the same game & guess what the play of the game was? A simple screen to M. Forte. At least it wasn't a FG. LOL. As far as practice goes. In the words of Mike Singletary "WE WANT WINNERS!".

Thank you for using
for coach mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
Banned

Sorry for the delay on final slider settings. I've posted some new post patch sliders below the originals on the first page to get you started on your new connected career if you haven't already. I'll finalize this set tomorrow Sunday evening. I've been non stop working through the night trying to "lab" this with 4 of my friends. Boy this has been a hot mess, let me tell you. They really messed up the injuries, now in order for you to get the right frequency the cpu gets way too many. Or if the cpu's are just right in a game you won't get any called. I don't know who's bright idea at EA this was. That's what the sliders were for. So I tried to find the happy zone. Another thing, If you turn the injuries too high you'll come across one of two glitches. 1.) You or the cpu will get hurt but it wont sub whoevers hurt out, even though there is a perfectly healthy backup on the sideline. 2.) I've had a couple times where my backup got hurt [it said his name] and in the games medical center it said the starter was out so & so weeks. WTF. The only way around these is to not have the injuries too high. Next, Penalties. I tried adjusting them until they would call a reasonable amount of them. Well, they broke it. Now if you want certain penalties called you have to turn it way higher than before throwing everything way off balance. I'm trying to find that happy medium, but for now if you want realim you are going to have to forgo penalties. It is what it is. I'll do my best by tomorrow to live up to the moniker the "Best In The World Sliders" at coach mode. Good thing Da Bears are in a bye week in real life.[And Cutler out 4 weeks] So I don't have anything better to do. I guess I'll just continue my Madden marathon. Oh, one good thing they got right post patch is CB's now Intercept the ball more than LB's & safeties.
LOL. Guess they had to get something right. Anyway, Perfection comes with patience.

Thank You for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

can these be used for madden 2013 game?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #38
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't understand something. I have used SEVEN different Fantasy Drafts and have used your sliders and every FIRST game with my Patriots against the Bills, they destroy me. I've drafted balanced teams, I've drafted amazing offense/crap defense, and i've drafted amazing defense/mediocre offense and it doesn't matter.

There players make amazing catches, their HB's making perfect cuts and stiff arms for big gains, and I can't get a sack...even using 4 95+ defensive guys in my 3-4 defense, not one sack while they have 75-85 rated defensive players making 5 sacks a game.

Something isn't right, it's either the sliders or the game is just flat out broken. Using coach mode with your sliders and even when I used just regular Patriots, Tom Brady had 4 int's and only 1 TD his first game with 250 yards passing. And this is following the coaches GAMEPLAN and letting the coach call ALL the plays.

Really frustrated at this point. Is it this game?

Also have you found a workaround for the generated rookies not sucking because of practices? I never use practices.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #39
Banned

Okay bubs3141, I've never tried so I don't know. Try 'em. Extremeskins04, Did you try using them after this most recent patch? The reason I ask is because EA just patched this game less than a week ago and as usual it did more harm than good. Every year when they release their patch it causes us slider makers to make new ones to work with whatever they tried to "fix". I have my new set ready & I'll be posting on the first page of my post real soon. Just wait a couple hrs. As for generated rookies not sucking because of practice? I don't know. I practice all the time. I like developing my players into beasts. Isn't that why they put the mode in to begin with? The problem I have is, when I simulated ahead a couple of seasons the cpu generated players were not developing hardly at all, after like 4 or 5 years & not just them, players like Cam Newton were moving at a snails pace as well. I just hope this was just because I simmed and hopefull it won't be a problem after this patch. I guess only way to find out is to play 4 or 5 years. LOL.

Thank You for using
at coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-27-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #40
Banned

What's up fellow Maddenites. I hope your fav team is winning today beings Da Bears have a bye week. Are you ready for some new post patch sliders, coach mode style? I've not been to sleep for 2 & 1/2 days trying to get these " perfect'" again. I feel like I'm drunk off of Madden & Red Bulls. [I don't drink alcohol.] I want to apologize about one of my rants about all the LBer's in the top 10 for sacks at the end of a season with no DT's in there. I didn't realize that hardly any DT's get sacks anymore. If you don't believe me, look at this years top ten list. There is hardly any RE's making any noise either. It's mainly LE's & LB'S. Maybe EA did get it right with no pressure from that side. [Wink,Wink] Anyway, as for injuries I did the best I could. It was better before the patch. They lessened the odds of you getting an injury, but increased the odds that the injury you get will be severe. No more out for 1 or 2 quarters. [They're rare now] If you get hurt, chances are it's weeks not quarters. On the bright side, sacks have been toned down some. No more sack record getting shattered year after year. I definitely want to make my own playbook with the star rating system for gameflow though, as the pass to run ratio is too high for me. I'm an old school Bears fan, what'd you expect? I heard there is going to be one last patch right after the next gen drops. I hope it doesn't affect gameplay. I think it's supposed to give the coaches headsets and other little things. I'm not starting a 3rd franchise. I really didn't want to start the second one but I didn't want a repeat draft class. by the way it is confirmed that Eli Watson draft is not the second year. I just hope cpu generated players progress realistically because I've simulated ahead and it's terrible how slow you can't even tell at all. I'm not just talking about OVR, I'm talking skills. I'm hoping it's because I simmed. I guess I'll have to play 4 or 5 years to find out. Stat wise with the new sliders, everything across the board looks fantastic. It plays true to the real deal. Good penalty calls except interference. Hey this is Madden,is that suprising? Once again after 1 or 2 games don't go changing things because this is how they are supposed to work. Every game will play differently but at the end of the season you wil be pleased with the results. Isn't that what you want? Unpredictability. If you think you wil win every game by 30 points, then these sliders are not for you. It's going to take 5 or 6 games to get a good feel for these & remember pre-season don't count. As of right now these have my stamp of approval to be called PSCMPUNKS "Best In The World Sliders" for coach mode.
They are posted on the first page along with my pre patch ones below them. as always make sure you input them into the main menu first & make sure coach mode is on, then import them into your connected career settings.Please feel free to post a comment on what you think after using. I'll post tomorrow a download link for PS3.

Thank You for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-27-2013 at 03:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »