Home

PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

This is a discussion on PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #49
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

Going to try these updated sliders post patch and let you know my 2 cents worth
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Thank you, your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you for using
PSCMPUNKS "Best In The Word Sliders"
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #51
Pro

I did a little test run, playing 5 games with different teams and different playbooks with these sliders in coach mode. Results have been very realistic, but:

- running is a bit overpowered. You can't stop an average RB (L.Miller, V.Ballard) unless you completely sell out and commit to run middle (hoping they actually run it to the middle). I'd decrease run blocking to about 30-40.
- too many fumbles occur. I've had an average of about 4 fumbles per game. While I don't know what the average for an NFL game is, I think 4 per game is too high. Maybe change fumbles to the 40 range?
- just a little too many injuries for my taste. Maybe go down to 40-45?
- during my 5 game test run I averaged 136 plays per game (NFL avg is about 124). Maybe set the acc playclock runoff a bit lower (14/15)?

This is in no way meant as criticism, just want to provide feedback and trying to help to make these sliders even better than they are.
The teams I used during the test runs were Dolphins, Colts, Patriots, 49ers and Jaguars.

One more thing I was wondering about: whenever I play coach mode I see a LOT of passes being checkdowns. Usually the outside WRs (X/Z) end up with 3-5 catches while the slot, TE and RB get the majority of targets. Not sure if it's slider-related or a general flaw in coach mode that the QB checks down too much (like throwing a 3 yd checkdown to the TE on 3rd and 10).

Last edited by burnum; 10-28-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #52
MVP

HC0023's Arena

SAINTS 27 JETS 26 if thats the score after what happened to us this past sunday i will sign up for it LOL. Geno 21-34-267-1TD-1INT, Simms 0-1 , Rushing Powell20-79-1TD, Ivory 7-28, Smith 2-27, Goodson 1-6, Receiving Cumberland 6-75, Kerley 4-64, Powell 3-16, Hill 3-77-1TD, Nelson 2-24 JETS D 3 SACKS 1 INT. SAINTS Brees 33-55-452-1TD-1INT, Rushing Thomas 13-49-1TD, Receiving Colston 7-118, Graham 7-111-1TD, Thomas 5-32, Toon 4-26, Moore 4-74, Stills 2-19 Watson 2-23, Sproles 2-49, Saints D 3 SACKS 1INT. 2Falsestarts, 1 Defense Encroachment , 2. Holding Total Plays 139 .There were alot of Drops by the CPU Receivers. 12

Last edited by HC0023; 10-28-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #53
Banned

Looked like Colston had some good looks & Graham, what are you going to do? You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him. The saint are always pass heavy. I don't know much about the Jets O, besides Geno of course. Looked pretty good to me though. Have fun with your Jets 'chise.

Thank you for using
PSCMPUNKS "Best In The World Sliders"
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #54
MVP

HC0023's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCMPUNK
Looked like Colston had some good looks & Graham, what are you going to do? You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him. The saint are always pass heavy. I don't know much about the Jets O, besides Geno of course. Looked pretty good to me though. Have fun with your Jets 'chise.

Thank you for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
I have been playing in Play Now Mode but i might start me a Jets Chise
Old 10-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #55
Banned

Okay burnum, here's my findings for your questions.

1.) I haven't had a problem stopping the run using just normal gameflow. Here are the stats from the last 9 regular season games in year 2 of my Bears 'chise. Keep note my D line is minus J. Peppers, but I added R. Seymour, L. Joseph from free agency & traded for E. Ansah. I'm in the black & blue division. I believe in defense. Rushing yds against 112, 140, 36, 21, 30, 37, 167, 56, 37. I rank 3rd in run defense with 629 rushing yds allowed.

2.) Once again I haven't had a problem with this either. Last year the Bears led the league with 20. My stats last 9 regular season games season 2 of the Bears.My team is ranked #5 in FF with 8.
Fumbles forced 0, 1, 2, 3, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0. I know the Bears last year in back to back games forced 4 & 5.

3.) Injuries are right on par with the real NFL. Have you looked at every teams injury list in real life. It's bad, not to mention the suspensions. So I think it's just right. Wish you could get hurt for a quarter more though instead of all serious injuries.

4.) The NFL average for plays per game is 120 - 140. You're still right in that range. What I do to get a little less plays is run the clock down to 5 seconds whenever the clock is running before I hike the ball. Unless I' m down with under 2 minutes in the half or game. Also if I'm up by 10 or more point before half & I get the ball on my side of the 35. I'll take a knee, go to halftime. No sense running up the score. Here's the averages.

NFL per game 120-140 [per wikipedia]
Real NFL avg. per team 64.2
Chip Kelly's 67.5 per game

5.) As far as WR not getting the ball on the out side. I hate to say this but you're striking out here. No problem here either. The I've had some good games from outside receivers. Just give it time is all I can say. Every game will play different.

Try using different teams too, because the teams you listed are not that good against the run. I'll list the stats.

REAL NFL TEAM RUN DEFENSE RANKINGS 2012 Yd AGAINST 2013 YD AGAINST

Jaguars - 30th 141yd 32nd 161yd
Patriots - 9th 101.9yd 31st 130yd
49ers - 4th 94.2yd 15th 104yd
Colts - 29th 137.5yd 28th 122yd
Dolphins - 13th 108.4 19th 109yd

Not trying to start an argument about who's right & who's wrong but I like my sliders where they are. They are perfect. Just give it time to work itself out.

Thank you for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #56
Pro

Thanks for the quick reply. No argument here. I'll probably use your sliders but I'll manually tone run blocking down a bit (40) if I should continue to have problems stopping the run. I'll use the Dolphins in my career, they are usually pretty good against the run (but they're bad at anything else). They have good run stoppers in Soliai, Starks, Odrick & Ellerbe in their front seven.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »