Home

Pancake blocks

This is a discussion on Pancake blocks within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3
Pancake blocks

Does anybody know what sliders affect pancakes? I'm pretty happy with all other stats but my oline are getting way too many. Don't want all of my linemen to make the pro bowl every year because of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Brees2Graham's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pancake blocks

i have mine at zero and at least 3 of my linemen have at least one pancake
Old 11-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees2Graham
i have mine at zero and at least 3 of my linemen have at least one pancake
Are you talking about run blocking at zero? I had mine at zero for awhile but upped it recently. Still seeing roughly the same amount. I think some of the penalty sliders may affect them (specially false start and holding) but I could be wrong.

I would be good with lineman getting 1-2 per game but I'm seeing some with 4+...that's just ridiculous.

How many are you typically seeing per game?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Brees2Graham's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
Are you talking about run blocking at zero? I had mine at zero for awhile but upped it recently. Still seeing roughly the same amount. I think some of the penalty sliders may affect them (specially false start and holding) but I could be wrong.

I would be good with lineman getting 1-2 per game but I'm seeing some with 4+...that's just ridiculous.

How many are you typically seeing per game?
yes i have runblocking at zero
go to my zero sliders page. i juss posted a game vs the falcons . i got like 5 pancakes. while the other team had one.
i have holding and offsides at 65, run block att zero. clipping at 55.False Start at 55
Old 11-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees2Graham
yes i have runblocking at zero
go to my zero sliders page. i juss posted a game vs the falcons . i got like 5 pancakes. while the other team had one.
i have holding and offsides at 65, run block att zero. clipping at 55.False Start at 55
When I had 10-15 on holding and Clipping, I would only get about 5-6 per gm. I recently raised my False start, holding, and clipping. Now its back to 15-20 pancakes per gm WOW!

I may put the holding and clipping back down just to prevent my O-Line being all in the Lineman in the pro bowl lol.

You could also lower PBLK and RUNBLK to reduce the pancakes.
Then it becomes a battle of too many sacks and ints due to the pressure.

I am testing a combo of adjusted penalty sliders, fatigue, and possibly skill sliders.
I find adjusting penalty sliders can usually fix this, we don't get any holding calls anyway, so might as well go down w/ that useless slider.

I will test
Holding 5, False Start 75, Clipping 10.
still keeping the skill sliders 50/50.

i will report my findings later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG3MVP
When I had 10-15 on holding and Clipping, I would only get about 5-6 per gm. I recently raised my False start, holding, and clipping. Now its back to 15-20 pancakes per gm WOW!

I may put the holding and clipping back down just to prevent my O-Line being all in the Lineman in the pro bowl lol.

You could also lower PBLK and RUNBLK to reduce the pancakes.
Then it becomes a battle of too many sacks and ints due to the pressure.

I am testing a combo of adjusted penalty sliders, fatigue, and possibly skill sliders.
I find adjusting penalty sliders can usually fix this, we don't get any holding calls anyway, so might as well go down w/ that useless slider.

I will test
Holding 5, False Start 75, Clipping 10.
still keeping the skill sliders 50/50.

i will report my findings later
I think you might be right. I was looking back at some of my boxscores when most of my sliders were at zero and had lower clipping (35) and holding (40) and didn't have nearly as many pancakes as I do now. I totally revamped my sliders because I wanted to see more penalties but will probably go back to one of my original settings with the lower penalties to get rid of this.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
I think you might be right. I was looking back at some of my boxscores when most of my sliders were at zero and had lower clipping (35) and holding (40) and didn't have nearly as many pancakes as I do now. I totally revamped my sliders because I wanted to see more penalties but will probably go back to one of my original settings with the lower penalties to get rid of this.
I'm testing it now, its much better for reducing Pancakes for sure!
Crazy how penalty sliders are now Blk Shed/Pancake slider
Old 11-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #8
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Just played a game as Saints vs Seahawks with the following settings:

Holding 40
Clipping 35
Run block 0

Had a TOTAL of 4 pancakes, CPU had 2

Last edited by tamburo22; 11-22-2013 at 11:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »