Home

No More Madden 25 Slider Sets! Everyone come Post your own SLIDER EXPLANATIONS

This is a discussion on No More Madden 25 Slider Sets! Everyone come Post your own SLIDER EXPLANATIONS within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: No More Madden 25 Slider Sets! Everyone come Post your own SLIDER EXPLANATIONS

I've been messing with my sliders in an effort to get more realistic play out of the guys up front, O-line and D-line. I've had some success with the pass rush. I play on All Pro and lowering the pass blocking under 10 and decreasing the offsides penalty seems to create a much more realistic pass rush. I've been seeing rushers occasionally come free right off the snap, I've gotten pressure from both sides of my line, not just the left side. I also have Roughing the Passer set to 40. I read that lowering this slider is supposed to help the pass rush also, preventing players from pulling up before hitting the QB. I have noticed more hits as the QB is throwing lately. Not sure if it's from that particular slider or the improved pass rush in general.

I have not yet figured out how to tone down my runing game. It seems like whether the run blocking slider is on 0 or 15 or 25, my run game is unstoppable. I will say that I think 0 gives you better run blocking than a slider in the 20s or 30s. I don't know if it's just me, but I was getting 5+ yards on like every play when I had it set to 0. Now I have my run blocking on 28 and I have some plays where I'll get 0 yards or lose yards. I'm still averaging like 6-7 YPC, but it at least toned down the running game a little for me. I think the main problem with run blocking has been WRs getting great blocks on the outside allowing for huge gains to the outside. Don't know how to tone down WR blocking. It seems like it's always really good. My WRs do have really high run blocking attributes , too.

Passing game is pretty decent. I have my PDRT set high and Pass Coverage kind of low. I read somewhere that this is supposed to give you tighter coverage from your DBs. I also lowered the Def Pass Interference slider because this is also supposed to get tighter coverage from what I've read. In my experience, it seems that lowering the DPI slider may have helped more with tight coverage than the PDRT and Pass Cocerage sliders. My PDRT is set to 82 and Pass Coverage is at 35. My DPI slider is at 43. Since I set my sliders, I haven't had a QB with over 61% completion percentage. Even Matt Ryan was at 58% and Drew Brees was at 57%. I think the combination of the better pass rush and lower accuracy really affected those the most. I only lowered QB accuracy like 4 games ago. I used to have it at like 40, then I lowered it to 8. It seems to also make the pass rush work better.

So, that's my insight on what I've seen the sliders do. Not sure if it will help anyone. I hope so.

I would like to know if anyone has figured out a way to reduce the number of big hits. I can't seem to get rid of them or make them happen less even though I turned my tackling slider down to 42

FYI...I keep my sliders the same for user and CPU with a slight advantage for the CPU. Like QB ACC for me is 8 and it's at 12 for the CPU

Last edited by macbranson; 01-19-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #10
Pro

Re: No More Madden 25 Slider Sets! Everyone come Post your own SLIDER EXPLANATIONS

Also, guys PLEASE note the quality of your team when gauging how effective the sliders are. Meaning that if you can't get a good pass rush, make sure it's not because you have a bad defensive line. For instance, I was complaining about how many passing yards I was giving up, but I have a pretty mediocre secondary, so I can't complain too much about it.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
Pro

In my last game, I lowered PDRT from 82 to 58 and lowered DPI penalty from 43 to 41. I noticed a HUGE difference in my man coverage. Players were practically glued to defenders if they had a decent man coverage rating (80+). Unfortunately, I can't tell if that difference came from lowering PDRT or lowering DPI.

One thing I've noticed. Even with Pass Blocking lowered down to 7, I'm still seeing RTs shift all the way to the left side to pick up a blitzing Nickelback.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »