Home

Sully's Madden 16 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Sully's Madden 16 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2016, 05:05 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sully's Madden 16 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraaa
I rarely switch to the defender... just a few times I do it by instinct. But it was funny today seeing Aldon Smith embracing Melvin Gordon on an outside run... it was like this for 2 seconds, with them slowly walking laterally so I thought "ok, eventually Gordon is going down" but all of a sudden he just pushes Smith to the ground and 1st down.

I wish I was rich cause I feel like throwing my controller on the wall about 10 times per game. The real challenge on madden is to keep calm hahaha
With The facemask slider so high, you're making the computer tacklers cautious and hitting soft because they're afraid of getting a penalty, causing tons of broken tackles
Old 01-30-2016, 05:20 AM   #18
Rookie

This was posted by someone on a different thread. I didn't feel like typing it myself, so I copy and pasted it.

ok heres the explanation, what I've found from the penalty sliders
offsides: a high number makes the d-line slower off the snap, a low number makes them faster off the snap
false start: a high number makes the o-line slow off the snap while a low number makes them faster off the snap (for better protection)
holding: a high number makes the o-line less likely to maintain blocks while a low number makes them hold longer
face mask: a high number causes too many penalties while making the defense hit "softer", a low number makes the defense blast the ball carrier (not giving a **** about penalties)
d pass interferec: a lower number makes the dbacks more aggressive
o pass interference: a lower number makes the WR more aggressive
punt catch: higer numbers will cause the defenders to go after the ball carrier while a lower number will cause them to "wait back in their zone" letting the ball carrier come to them
clipping: a high number makes blockers less likely to make a block while a low number will cause them to get to and make a better block, especially on downfield defenders
grounding: a low number causes the QB to hold the ball too long, a high number will make them get rid of it faster
roughing the passer: higher numbers make the d-line less aggressive, while lower numbers will make them blast the QB more often, even after he throws it
roughing the kicker: I don't think it does anything, I just don't want to ever get called for it, cause **** the kicker
Old 01-30-2016, 06:27 AM   #19
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyyPace
This was posted by someone on a different thread. I didn't feel like typing it myself, so I copy and pasted it.

ok heres the explanation, what I've found from the penalty sliders
offsides: a high number makes the d-line slower off the snap, a low number makes them faster off the snap
false start: a high number makes the o-line slow off the snap while a low number makes them faster off the snap (for better protection)
holding: a high number makes the o-line less likely to maintain blocks while a low number makes them hold longer
face mask: a high number causes too many penalties while making the defense hit "softer", a low number makes the defense blast the ball carrier (not giving a **** about penalties)
d pass interferec: a lower number makes the dbacks more aggressive
o pass interference: a lower number makes the WR more aggressive
punt catch: higer numbers will cause the defenders to go after the ball carrier while a lower number will cause them to "wait back in their zone" letting the ball carrier come to them
clipping: a high number makes blockers less likely to make a block while a low number will cause them to get to and make a better block, especially on downfield defenders
grounding: a low number causes the QB to hold the ball too long, a high number will make them get rid of it faster
roughing the passer: higher numbers make the d-line less aggressive, while lower numbers will make them blast the QB more often, even after he throws it
roughing the kicker: I don't think it does anything, I just don't want to ever get called for it, cause **** the kicker
I have learned and read mostly the opposite of this.... try and put holding at 75 and watch your O line and D line do a dance the entire play without any separation. I appreciate your input, its worth looking into and exploring further.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #20
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

This is a penalty explanation from JoshC1977 regarding game play and penalty's...I trust his knowledge when it comes to sliders and gameplay.

Offsides: "higher setting gives defensive lineman a bigger boot at the LOS"

False Start: "same as offsides, but for offensive lineman"

Holding: "lower setting means less holding animations and thus, more block shed... the line play is very "sticky" at default. Lineman stay engaged for a LONG time at default. Lowering the holder allows for block shed to occur more naturally."

Facemask: "at lower levels you see more arm tackles and strip attempts. Higher levels give more wrap-up tackling"
Old 01-30-2016, 07:53 AM   #21
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyyPace
I put both HUM and CPU talking at 50 and I no longer see tons of broken tackles. And face mask at 61 holding at 50. The way you had those NOONE made tackles. 2-3 broken tackles per play.

I also made a few other minor changes. I'm passing all over the CPU with yours when I have the coverage and reaction at what you have. And QB accuracy at 3 or 4 for me I have Romo missing a 4 yard throw wide open way high or wide without directing the throw. Have HUM accuracy at 20. And DPI at 75. It all comes out for me to have more trouble passing the ball and be realistic. My backups with bad accuracy miss like they should. Also with yours I was getting 400 rushing yards a game. I am elite at running the ball in Madden, I have been for years. But passing the ball on average at best, and I was passing all over the computer with yours. But even with me being elite at running the ball, I should not be getting 400 yards rushing a game.

But putting tackling down for both, and adjusting the penalty sliders I don't see tons of broken tackles, and I see realistic amount of facemasking penalties. Therefore, I don't have to have face mask at 100.

I agree the HUM run game is over powering on all levels in Maddens and you not doubt have a talent for running the ball. This is a "base" set that can and should be adjusted to suite the player... and if your adjustments make the game play better for you I'm all for that. In regards to HUM Acc I still find 4 a touch to high for me, If I use 20 my completion % would be above 90.... I "like" my QB's to miss throws and toss picks it's part of the game and usually at the end of the game my passing numbers are fairly close to real life stats. I will test your tackling and facemask numbers... anything to help limit the amount of broken tackles would be great.

Last edited by greed8819; 01-30-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #22
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

After testing Tackling @ 50 for Hum and Cpu and facemask @ 61 I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the results.... I have noticed a HUGE reduction in Cpu broken tackles and that is encouraging. I might have to raise Cpu run blocking now due to this observation, I have never had a issue stopping the run with the old set up but with less broken tackles the Cpu is really struggling on the ground. I was fearful of raising the Holding slider due to the fact the Hum pass rush is so poor but needed a way to "slow" the Hum run game down... so I tested it @ 50 and no doubt the Cpu is playing the run better and the good news is my pass rush stayed fairly solid. Further testing is definitely in order.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
After testing Tackling @ 50 for Hum and Cpu and facemask @ 61 I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the results.... I have noticed a HUGE reduction in Cpu broken tackles and that is encouraging. I might have to raise Cpu run blocking now due to this observation, I have never had a issue stopping the run with the old set up but with less broken tackles the Cpu is really struggling on the ground. I was fearful of raising the Holding slider due to the fact the Hum pass rush is so poor but needed a way to "slow" the Hum run game down... so I tested it @ 50 and no doubt the Cpu is playing the run better and the good news is my pass rush stayed fairly solid. Further testing is definitely in order.
I figured I'll share. It worked for me.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
It it a very good set you have. 85% of mine is yours to a T. Makes the game a ton of fun. Also with my few minor changes I've told you about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »