Home

Team slider project for Madden.

This is a discussion on Team slider project for Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2004, 04:58 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Team slider project for Madden.

Thanks Tarheel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie
Here is the basic formula. I have made some changes that work very well. Please let me know what you think. Now also if you must reread the frist post in this thread to get the basic concept. It will answer most ?. But if you have any just ask.

I use All pro.

Take you avg score from the players ratings for the slider you are doing then -59 from that score and bingo you have you slider number. Remember that they go left to right, 0 - 20. See chart below.

Slider chart

Avg. score --- How many clicks on the slider

60 --- 0
61 --- 1
62 --- 1
63 --- 2
64 --- 2
65 --- 3
66 --- 3
67 --- 4
68 --- 4
69 --- 5
70 --- 5
71 --- 6
72 --- 6
73 --- 7
74 --- 7
75 --- 8
76 --- 8
77 --- 9
78 --- 9
79 --- 10
80 --- 10
81 --- 11
82 --- 11
83 --- 12
84 --- 12
85 --- 13
86 --- 13
87 --- 14
88 --- 14
89 --- 15
90 --- 15
91 --- 16
92 --- 16
93 --- 17
94 --- 17
95 --- 18
96 --- 18
97 --- 19
98 --- 19
99 --- 20
Okay, I'm a little confused. I'm gonna try this in NCAA for a few exhibition games but shouldn't I just get my average and then go to the chart for the corresponding slider adjustment? That whole -59 thing doesn't seem to serve a purpose at all.

Signed,
Confused
Old 08-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Okay, earlier in the thread njkroc mentioned using the ratings for every player in the game to come up with one set of sliders. I like this idea because even when I started messing with this thing a couple years ago I wasn't keen on changing the sliders before every game. I'm playing NCAA the most right now so I started it for that. I did the QB Accuracy using the THA for all QBs in the nation. I came up with 80.5 or 81. This number on the chart is 11.

So, for NCAA the QB Accuracy slider should be 11. I can't do anymore of the sliders because I'd go crazy.

Also, as a side note, I got the same thing when I just took the average of the best and worst THA rating among quarterbacks.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeljake
No, listen....

Say your doing pass accuracy and your QB Pass Accuracy is 90.

You take 90 and subtract 59 from it. you get 31.

Then you take 31 and divide that by 2. You get 15.5

So your slider setting will be 15. Don't round up!
Just use the chart. That is why I made. People I dont want to sound rude here but this is really not rocket science here. Just use the chart you will be fine.

If you average score is 90. Then your slider setting going by the chart is 15.

Tim
Old 08-29-2004, 09:32 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Okay, I'm a little confused. I'm gonna try this in NCAA for a few exhibition games but shouldn't I just get my average and then go to the chart for the corresponding slider adjustment? That whole -59 thing doesn't seem to serve a purpose at all.

Signed,
Confused
Well it is oviouse that I have to rewite the whole idea. To many people are to confused. I am in the works right now in doing that. It is really a simple concept but I did not pass it on as such.

Tim

Here is the basic formula. I have made some changes that work very well. Please let me know what you think. Now also if you must reread the frist post in this thread to get the basic concept. It will answer most ?. But if you have any just ask.

I use All pro.

Take you avg score from the players ratings for the slider you are doing then -59 from that score Then divide by 2 dont round up and bingo you have you slider number. Remember that they go left to right, 0 - 20. See chart below. To make your like easier USE THE CHART. I have done all the hard work already. Use the chart it is easier.

Slider chart

Avg. score --- How many clicks on the slider

60 --- 0
61 --- 1
62 --- 1
63 --- 2
64 --- 2
65 --- 3
66 --- 3
67 --- 4
68 --- 4
69 --- 5
70 --- 5
71 --- 6
72 --- 6
73 --- 7
74 --- 7
75 --- 8
76 --- 8
77 --- 9
78 --- 9
79 --- 10
80 --- 10
81 --- 11
82 --- 11
83 --- 12
84 --- 12
85 --- 13
86 --- 13
87 --- 14
88 --- 14
89 --- 15
90 --- 15
91 --- 16
92 --- 16
93 --- 17
94 --- 17
95 --- 18
96 --- 18
97 --- 19
98 --- 19
99 --- 20

Use these to set the sliders based on the team you are using. This works in both coach and head to head. But I mostly play in coach mode myself, and head to head my need a little tweaking to make more even. Lets face it humans are still smarter then CPUs.

QB Passing-Take Pass Accuracy of your starting QB to get a PASSING Number and adjust accordingly.

Pass Blocking-Take the average of the Pass Blocking of each of your 5 starting offencive lineman to get a BLOCKING Number and adjust accordingly.

WR Catching-Take the average of the Catch rating of your top 3 WRs and starting TE and get a CATCH number and adjust accordingly.

Running Ability-Take Overall rating of your starting HB to Get a RUNNING Number and adjust accordingly. Or you can take the avg of both the starting HB and FB overall rating to get a running number. Or last you can take the overall rating of the starting FB if he is your main rusher. Any of these will work out well.

Run Blocking-Take the average of the Run Blocking of each of your 5 starting offencive lineman, fullback, and tightend to get a BLOCKING Number and adjust accordingly.

Knockdowns-Take the average of the Jumping rating of all 11 starting defencesive players and adjust accordingly.

Break Blocks-Take the average of the speed, acceluration, and streangth rating of you starting Dline and LBS, then adjust accordingly.

Tackling-Take the average of the Tackle rating of all 11 of your defensive starters and get your Tackling Number and adjust accordingly.

Ints-Take the average of the Catch rating of all of your starting LBs and DBs and get your Int Number and adjust accordingly.

Awareness-Take the average of the awareness rating for all 11 defensive players and adjust accordingly.

Special Teams sliders- I use the kickers Power and Accuracy numbers and adjust accordingly.

Tim

Last edited by Timathie; 08-29-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:26 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 8

Timathie or Nolesfan:

How would I apply this idea to games like NBA live where the slider settings are from 0-100 and the lowest attribute for a player would be 0 and the highest would be 99.

I think this will be the way I would like to do all of my sliders because it just makes more sense.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:25 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkroc
Timathie or Nolesfan:

How would I apply this idea to games like NBA live where the slider settings are from 0-100 and the lowest attribute for a player would be 0 and the highest would be 99.

I think this will be the way I would like to do all of my sliders because it just makes more sense.
I think thatTimathie and I are on different pages so I'm gonna let him take all the questions. You got anything going on those universal sliders you were talking about earlier in the thread? I gave up on changing sliders for each team for each game for a reason.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-30-2004 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 02:25 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 8

They averaged all the sliders and came up with a set but he didn't like it because all the Hb run the same and the passing game is boosted to much.

I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »