Home

All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: All-Madden Sliders

i don't know about turning the human run block up???

through four games with the bills travis henry is averaging about 150 yards per game. but bledsoe got injured the first week so i do have to play a little more conservative with Losman. record is 2-2 though which is cool. it is nice to have a challenging game that does not seem like i need a miracle to win.

does anyone else through a lot, lot, lot of ints?

with the cards and with bills i through a ton. probably just me
Old 09-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

first of all still love these sliders, great job.

i think i am convinced that something needs to be done with the human running game. just played bills v dolphins and travis had 258 y on 31carries and willis mcgahee had 62 on 10 caries, combine 3 tds

so now after five games travis has 132 att 851 yds 8 td 6.4 avg 170pg
and mcgahee is averaging 5.3

next closest in nfl is jamal lewis 150 ypg with 4.8 avg
Old 09-23-2004, 05:03 PM   #35
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEHATEYANKS
first of all still love these sliders, great job.

i think i am convinced that something needs to be done with the human running game. just played bills v dolphins and travis had 258 y on 31carries and willis mcgahee had 62 on 10 caries, combine 3 tds

so now after five games travis has 132 att 851 yds 8 td 6.4 avg 170pg
and mcgahee is averaging 5.3

next closest in nfl is jamal lewis 150 ypg with 4.8 avg

I definitely think the same thing. The problem is definitely the boost to human rb ability.

If you're up for it, try leaving both human rb ability and human run blocking at default, and tell me how you think that feels.

I've been using that the past few games it has a nice feel to it but still testing just a bit.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

And about the interceptions, I haven't had a problem with them at all. The ones that i throw should be picked. Just be more conscious as to what the defense is throwing at you. It helps a lot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2004, 12:43 AM   #36
player

OVR:

I like these sliders the best. I have made a few variations because I probably suck.

Human Pass Block - up to 9. how many times did my 95 rated RT get run over?

Human Break Block - up to 2. I was getting zero sacks with my LBs. I still don't get enough because the CPU QB gets the throw off a split second sooner.

CPU INT - down to 3 - how many LBs intercept passes? not many. but in madden every errant pass over the middle is picked off by a superhuman LB.

I have found the CPU will always get at least one big play per game. This is OK with me. They will also go nuts if they are losing. What i found is that when they get in the red zone you can make some plays and limit a FG.

Yesterday, I had a LB catch Larry Fitgerald from behind. I almost broke a controller. Larry has only about 90 speed but a LB?

Old 09-24-2004, 11:08 PM   #37
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

Hey guys, just have a quick favor to ask of you. For anyone that has tried my sliders, i just wanted some opinions, before i post my latest (and probably last set). I'm really happy with the overall feel of how the game plays, but i've noticed some areas that don't seem to be up to par. It might just be me, because i've spent so much time tweaking and may be overtweaking at this point. That's why its always nice to have a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc....opinion. So if you guys don't mind, just post a few comments next the list below just so i have any idea of what you guys think needs to be improved upon. If you think something is good the way it is, just type a comment along those lines as well. (So for example, if you think the CPU doesn't punt far enough, next to "Punt length" under the CPU list, just type something like "doesn't punt far enough". If you think CPU punt length is good, just type something like "perfect how it is") Anyway, i just wanted to say thank you to all that have participated in this. I really appreciate all of your feedback! I hope these sliders have given you as much fun as i had making 'em and playing with 'em!

...............HUMAN

QB Accuracy -
Pass Blocking -
WR Catching -
RB Ability -
Run Blocking -

Awareness -
Knockdowns -
Interceptions -
Break Block -
Tackling -

FG Length -
FG Accuracy -
Punt Length -
Punt Accuracy -
Kickoff Length -

...............CPU

QB Accuracy -
Pass Blocking -
WR Catching -
RB Ability -
Run Blocking -

Awareness -
Knockdowns -
Interceptions -
Break Block -
Tackling -

FG Length -
FG Accuracy -
Punt Length -
Punt Accuracy -
Kickoff Length -

Last edited by TheProfessional; 09-24-2004 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:50 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 6

Professional, I am gonna play with your sliders for a couple games I think. I have my All Pro set perfect and I love it, but am always up to help some other people. And truth be told I do like ALL madden more, just never thought i could get realistic play.

I am big on Offensive and Defensive lines and the players on each line showing in the game.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #39
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

Ok, here's my latest attempt at slider nirvana for the All-Madden level.

Just a few comments as well. Not much has changed with the offensive sliders. One major difference is I brought down the cpu running ability and run blocking quite a bit. You may be asking, "why the he** did you do that? The CPU running game wasn't all that great to begin with, why did you lower it even further?" The answer to that is i was tired of seeing super human cpu running backs. Tired of good safties not being able to bring down running backs that they are supposed to tackle time and time again. With the awareness brought down the cpu has time to set up blocks and such. Seems much more realistic. As far as the human defense, lowering the awareness did seem to affect the human db's a bit, is why i raised knockdowns and raised interceptions a bit. i don't get many more defenisive back knockdowns which is good, but i did see defensive lineman jump to try to swat passes away if they weren't able to get to the qb which was really nice to see! The raised interceptions slider is only so the defensive backs make a break for the ball. I didn't notice an increase in interceptions, just breaking for the ball a bit more. Other than that...no other major changes, just a few tweaks here and there.

Finally these are pretty new, i haven't put them through the grind yet, but so far, they seem to be holding up pretty well. if anyone would like to test them out with me, please feel free to do so.

...............human/cpu

QB Accuracy - 9/7
Pass Blocking - 12/1
WR Catching - 11/9
RB Ability - 9/10
Run Blocking - 10/14

Awareness - 16/6
Knockdowns - 20/0
Interceptions - 12/7
Break Block - 7/4
Tackling - 10/2

FG Length - 10/9
FG Accuracy - 8/5
Punt Length - 10/14
Punt Accuracy - 10/17
Kickoff Length - 10/10
Old 09-28-2004, 10:05 PM   #40
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

Just a quick change. CPU pass blocking should be at 2. I'm still tinkering with the blocking mechanics a bit, but it seems ok where it is right now. I'm getting good pressure, maybe a bit too much so i might raise it again. But for now, going to leave it where it is.

...............human/cpu

QB Accuracy - 9/7
Pass Blocking - 12/2 *
WR Catching - 11/9
RB Ability - 9/10
Run Blocking - 10/14

Awareness - 16/6
Knockdowns - 20/0
Interceptions - 12/7
Break Block - 7/4
Tackling - 10/2

FG Length - 10/9
FG Accuracy - 8/5
Punt Length - 10/14
Punt Accuracy - 10/17
Kickoff Length - 10/10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »