Home

All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2004, 10:29 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: All-Madden Sliders

Pro, I will try these out tomorrow afternoon. I have been using Nj's and there are a good amount of corrections to be done.

I have liked yours but would like to know a few things.

1. with Nj's his feel like wow my players really really matter. Are you getting a similar feel in many cases?

2. Do you think this will produce a wide variety of games. Meaning different types.

Thanks and i look forward to your response and trying these myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2004, 11:02 PM   #42
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Pro, I will try these out tomorrow afternoon. I have been using Nj's and there are a good amount of corrections to be done.

I have liked yours but would like to know a few things.

1. with Nj's his feel like wow my players really really matter. Are you getting a similar feel in many cases?

2. Do you think this will produce a wide variety of games. Meaning different types.

Thanks and i look forward to your response and trying these myself.

To answer your first question, not sure what i feel with them. Some games i do, some i think its just chaos out there with all the blocking set to zero and break block so high.

To answer your second question, do you mean my sliders or Nj's? If you're talking about mine, yes. I've gotten shoot outs as well as field goal contests. Others have too. If you're talking about Nj's. I'm not sure, haven't play tested them enough, but most of the games i've played have been close but no real defensive struggles, more along the lines of just who has the ball the last usually wins.

Overall Nj's sliders do have a certain "feel" to them that I do like and enjoy, but like you said, there are few things that would need to change if i were to use them. That's not a knock on his set, just my personal preference. I know some people get really defensive when you say something negative about their sliders, so i just wanted to make that clear.

And please tell me what you think of my latest set. I spent a good amount of time trying to readjust subtle things i noticed that weren't right. I think i'm really close to being very happy with these.

Last edited by TheProfessional; 09-28-2004 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:47 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm going to give these a shot tonight. I'll give you some feedback and stats tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:00 AM   #44
MVP

Pro I was talking about yours. Thanks for the info will come back with stats later on this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #45
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Pro I was talking about yours. Thanks for the info will come back with stats later on this afternoon.

In that case, to RE-ANSWER your questions.

1. I do feel the ratings matter a great deal. If you remember in my very first post in this thread, one of the things i sought out to accomplish with the sliders was for the ratings to matter for both the CPU and Human. I was tired of everyone seeming to play the same with no drop off anywhere. And because these are just a variation of my original sliders, yes i still feel ratings matter all across the board. For example, in my opinion, there is a big difference between running with an elite back and a second tier back. Just to test out if the ratings really mattered, i picked a good team and a bad team. There was a definite difference in how effective i could be. I was very limited in what i could do, there was constant pressure on my qb and my running game was very ineffective as well. Needless to say i did lose that game.

2. And i think i answered your second question already. But to elaborate a bit more, because i wanted the ratings to matter, i think this in turn creates varying games.

Last edited by TheProfessional; 09-29-2004 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #46
MVP

Pro heres my first game with the new sliders. Also do u play with any assists on?

Jags 37 (me) vs Cheifs 20

Leftwich: 16-33-180 2td 2int 1sack long 39
Green: 19-32-225 0td 2int 1sack long38

Taylor 32-196 6.1 td 5btk long of 16.
Holmes 17-49 2.8 2td 3btk long of 18

Smith 7-88 1td 2drop
Williams 5-64 1td 1drop
T.Gonzalez 4-73
Hall 4-61 3 drop

Jacksonville: 6 TKFL 7KNOCK
Kansas City: 6TKFL 9 KNOCK

This game felt really good. The 2 turnovers hurt the Cheifs a lot more than it hurt me.

Run Games: I am not very shocked by Fred Taylors day. The cheifs run D is just awful. He could've had a huge run but i just dove to run out the clock. I think it may just need the SLIGHTEST of changes. However I dont know because Jags have a awesome run blocking team. Preist Holmes had a pretty decent day, the Jags have the best run stopping front 7 in the league IMO. I didn't really get huge penetration with Henderson and Stroud, but they opened up tackling lanes it seemed. KC has a great run blocking line so they got good push, but they can't block everyone. Perhaps a tackling change for HUM is in order.

Pass Games: I thought this was just awesome. It seemed dead on. I got 2 int that my guys made great breaks on the ball. They moved the ball pretty good in the air but i was honing on run all game. My pass game was awesome. I made some plays downfield and they didn't seem out of control with knockdowns, just had a bit many. I am willing to sacrafice that for a good pass game though.

Pass protection: I got to really step up in the pocket many times. I was sacked once and that seems right with KC's line. I got a LB sack with me as well.

I really like these so far. I think i am gonna play another game with Jags against a good run stopping team... then play KC with a bad Run D as well.

The things I said were suggestions not things that definitly need changes. You are on the right track... these could be really really good.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:42 PM   #47
MVP

I made a huge mistake... I had the wrong Human Sliders on. This probably accounted for a few things.

I had WR catch and both running back sliders +3. I must have just messed up. I apologize and will try a game with these corrections.

I am also trying out HUM Awr at 14, Int at 15.

I will also be trying CPU run block at 11.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:02 PM   #48
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

I do play with all assists on. I actually tested out the "assists" in practice mode and to be honest with you, they don't seem to make a real big difference, but i turn them on anyway.

Thanks for you input. I thought the same thing about the offensive and defensive passing games. For the first time, if the CPU beats me deep or completes pass after pass i don't feel cheated. The CPU just seems to be making good decisions. I think sometimes we all mistake good decision making for cheating. I mean if i had a wide open reciever i would throw it to him. Wouldn't you? So why shouldn't the cpu exploit the human player the same way?

Anyway, I spent quite a while on this. I spent a lot of time analyzing play after play in instant replay. After a play where i first thought that my defensive back may have acted stupid, I would always go into instant replay and see how the cpu reciever got open, what kind of defense i was running, how the defensive back reacted to the play, and most importantly who the corner back was and what he was rated and who the reciever was and what his rating was. And for the first time i actually see my defenisve backs reacting the same as the CPU defensive backs react. Its as about as even as i've ever gotten it, i'm very happy with both sides of the ball here. Things seem really "fair".

As far as the run game goes, it is one area i'm still tweaking. Its really hard to guage how one running back should fair against any given team. There are so many variables involved. Offensive lines, defensive lines, linebackers, safties, broken tackles, play calling, lead blocking, running back ability, etc...

Thanks for the stats lhsballa11. They help a lot. I myself am not big on strictly using stats as a guage for how sliders play, but they are one factor i use. I'm really more concerned at how the game "felt", if that makes sense. From the looks of your game, it looks like the turnovers played a HUGE factor in how the game played out. If you score quickly on two turnovers, that puts the opposing team in a hole which most likely means they're not going to be running as much if they have to play from behind. Which seemed like the case in your game.

Anyway, i just wanted to make sure that the running game seemed realistic based on the way your game played out, so i went back and looked at the 3 KC losses last year. And as far as your stats go they actually seem dead on.

@CIN 24-19
KC
Green 28/42, 313, 2 td
Holmes 16/62, 3.9, 0 td, 20 long
CIN
Rudi Johnson 22/165, 7.5, 54 long

@DEN 45-27
KC
Green 34/47, 397, 1 td
Holmes 12/44, 3.7, 2 td, 7 long
DEN
Portis 22/218, 9.9, 5 td, 59 long

@MIN 45-20
KC
Green 18/38, 224, 0 td, 2 int
Holmes 18/55, 3.1, 3 td, 11 long

I may actually boost cpu rb ability a notch...not sure yet. The only problem with lowering human tackling is that you start seeing players that shouldn't be breaking tackles breaking tackles. And remember, the cpu is already getting a boost in breaking tackles on all-madden level. But i do think you're right, the running game isn't quite quite there yet, but in my opinion really really close! Let me know how you're second game went, can't wait to hear about it.

Last edited by TheProfessional; 09-29-2004 at 06:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »